DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

Yeah.  I can only hope he looks to fuck over the tax payers of Virginia just to hear Rippa go on and on about it.

Not all of us Virginia taxpayers, Northern Virginia maybe, they are like their own sovereign entity anyway.

Yeah.  I can only hope he looks to fuck over the tax payers of Virginia just to hear Rippa go on and on about it.

Not all of us Virginia taxpayers, Northern Virginia maybe, they are like their own sovereign entity anyway.

As a Northern Virginia resident I can't possibly support this.  Things Northern Virginia doesn't need...opportunity for more traffic, higher taxes, more people being delusional about that damn football team. 

• Like 1

The NFLPA should have addressed this during the last lockout.  Stupid not to do so.

Well, considering the NFLPA basically agreed to let the owners collude...

Seriously. I think the NFLPA has to be a terrible union. The entity I'm most puzzled with in this whole Gordon ordeal is the union for allowing such a terrible testing system.

Gordon just got suspended for second hand pot smoke, which is allowed under the CBA.

Also, I'm not exactly sure why someone in the NFL/testing agency chain of command didn't just see the results and ask for an immediate re-test. This makes everyone involved look really bad.

The NFLPA should have addressed this during the last lockout.  Stupid not to do so.

Well, considering the NFLPA basically agreed to let the owners collude...

Seriously. I think the NFLPA has to be a terrible union. The entity I'm most puzzled with in this whole Gordon ordeal is the union for allowing such a terrible testing system.

Gordon just got suspended for second hand pot smoke, which is allowed under the CBA.

Also, I'm not exactly sure why someone in the NFL/testing agency chain of command didn't just see the results and ask for an immediate re-test. This makes everyone involved look really bad.

I think its common knowledge that the NFL union is the worst of the three big sports(sorry I don't know about the NHL). The guy trying to be the union head is already bending over to take the 18 game season, no wonder all the players end up crippled. I know the game is violent , but having a bad union only makes things worse.

As for the Racialslurs new stadium, is fed ex in Maryland? Maybe Snyder will try to screw over them or DC proper. Remember kids, if one owner can con its fanbase(Arthur Blank), then ALL owners will. . . .

As for the Racialslurs new stadium, is fed ex in Maryland? Maybe Snyder will try to screw over them or DC proper. Remember kids, if one owner can con its fanbase(Arthur Blank), then ALL owners will. . . .

Yep.  The FedEx is in Landover, MD.  Deadspin posted another article looking at the other possible scenarios - including a dome in DC where RFK is located in order to get a SB and WC final and the stadium wrangling all being a pose to get something out of a name change.

God this is going to be a master clusterfuck.  I pity the poor RacialSlur fans.

From today's Deadspin Lions preview

AT LEAST WE FINALLY TOOK DAVID AKERS OUT BACK AND SHOT HIM. FUCKING GUY KICKED LIKE A FUCKING SABOTEUR. KERRY VON ERICH COULDVE MADE SOME OF THE FIELD GOALS THAT MOTHERFUCKER BRICKED

H/T to Ed who read it before me

I am assuming that was written by Fowler

• Like 2

Aww, poor poor Fowler.  

This might be my favorite thing from the preview, actually -

Here is a fun fact that many people don't know. In 2011, the Lions made a trade during the 2011 draft with the Seattle Seahawks in order for us to move up and get Mikel Leshoure. We agreed to swap the 154th pick for the 157th.

The Seahawks used the 154th pick on Richard Sherman.

• Like 2

As a Northern Virginia resident I can't possibly support this.  Things Northern Virginia doesn't need...opportunity for more traffic, higher taxes, more people being delusional about that damn football team. 

Stupid question, but why the hell would Virginia have to pay in for a D.C. team. Maryland at worst, but why Virginia?

I think I've laughed more at this than any other preview ever. . . 

It's either the Lions or the Browns, for sure.  Though Rippa and I are breathless for the RacistSlur preview.

This Lions team is basically what would happen if China ever made an NFL team. It was founded in a big manufacturing city that quickly turned into a war zone like ghost town. At the surface, we're flashy as hell: Megatron, Stafford, Suh, etc. We have everything that would make a casual spectator blindly trust us to succeed. But halfway through the season Stafford goes brain dead, the secondary's knees explode, and everything malfunctions into one heaping mess.

There is so much gold to be mined in this one. . . 

Stupid question, but why the hell would Virginia have to pay in for a D.C. team. Maryland at worst, but why Virginia?

If they put the stadium in Virginia they could try to get the state to pay for it instead of Daniel Snyder paying for it.  You have to understand that most of the paying customers don't live in D.C. they live in the Virginia and Maryland suburbs, and a most of the areas where you could build a stadium in D.C. aren't the best areas. 

Fedex is in Landover, Maryland.

Because an NFL team wants a new stadium and people are stupid?  

Isn't every one over looking the greatest out come...he moves the team to LA and renames them

Also having two NFC East Team West of a NFC West team

The Los Angeles Gringos? Hey it's a name change, I didn't say it was a good one, but it would be up Snyder's alley.

• Like 1

Also the Redskins headquarters are in Virginia and they hold training camp in VA

Plus any deal for anything now requires input from all three parts of the DMV due to the impact on traffic, etc...

Yeah, I forgot they were in Maryland, my bad. Moving to Virginia reminds me of MetLife Stadium for some reason.

I'd say that the fanbase is more Virginia than Maryland based purely off the fact that Maryland has their own team.  Virginia also has two of the highest income counties in the country that could "afford" to tax their citizens enough to build a state of the art stadium.  (If some of you guys knew how much small ass apartments cost in Fairfax and Loudon counties you would think they were lying.  I used to live in a "cheap" two bed room condo in Alexandria for over $2K a month.  I loved it's location, but had to decide whether I wanted to live there or have a financial future.)

Isn't every one over looking the greatest out come...he moves the team to LA and renames them

The Los Angeles Gringos? Hey it's a name change, I didn't say it was a good one, but it would be up Snyder's alley.

Actually I think the Wetbacks would be more up his alley. . . .

Actually I think the Wetbacks would be more up his alley. . . .

Sounds like a tribute to me.