DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

So apparently the new guideline actually says that a 2nd offense =  indefinite suspension.

Of course it does. That way the NFL can appear to be tough, right now while the heat is on, but later can give a much lesser suspension to the All pro asshole who commits his  second such offense-Ray Rice we are looking at you. . .

Well to clarify the memo reads that a 2nd offense leads to banishment but the person "can apply for reinstatement after one year." This makes the whole Josh Gordon situation even worse.

Well to clarify the memo reads that a 2nd offense leads to banishment but the person "can apply for reinstatement after one year." This makes the whole Josh Gordon situation even worse.

Yep, because smoking some weed is definitely equivalent to beating the hell out of a woman. . . . 

The Browns announcers are WAY too excited to be calling a 4th preseason game

I think it is more WAY too excited for Manziel as they are screaming their lungs out on that last TD drive.  Although admittingly he did have one of those legendary "no no no no yes great play" pass plays in that drive 

I am watching the Redzone channel but from reading my twitter the only thing the Skins announcers care about tonight is the name change debate.  Here is one of my favorite doozies so far:

Dan Steinberg@dcsportsbog 16m

Gary Clark says that for many young Native Americans, the Redskins name "keeps them relevant, it keeps their identity relevant."

So now they are using the "if we don't call them Redskins then nobody gives a shit about them" excuse   :lol:

• Like 1

I know this is sort of lost in all the off-field rule haggling, but I actually like the longer convert experiment.

I mean, I've watched football my whole life, and in all that time I've seen maybe a dozen standard converts of note if I really, really, really stretched it.

I am watching the Redzone channel but from reading my twitter the only thing the Skins announcers care about tonight is the name change debate.  Here is one of my favorite doozies so far:

Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog 16m

Gary Clark says that for many young Native Americans, the Redskins name "keeps them relevant, it keeps their identity relevant."

So now they are using the "if we don't call them Redskins then nobody gives a shit about them" excuse   :lol:

This is going to get worse(or funnier depending on how twisted your sense of humor is) before it gets better. . . 

Dan Steinberg@dcsportsbog 16m

Keep the logo and change the teams name to Washington Genocide Victims if that is the goal. Right now it is like a team in Berlin calling their team the Kikes.

Looks like Cody Parkey will be taking the kicking job from Henery. Will be nice having a kicker with a strong enough leg to kick a touchback.

• Like 1

So Michael Sam made himself a good case to make the team.  Leads the NFL in preseason sacks and led this game in tackles (6).

I'm thinking if the Rams try to stick him on the practice squad he's going to be claimed by another team.  So they'd better figure out quick what they want to do with him.

• Like 1

Yep, because smoking some weed is definitely equivalent to beating the hell out of a woman. . . .
Smoking some weed is equivalent to participating in, and then covering up, a double murder.

Yup.  He looks like someone who should, at the very least, have some value as a situational pass rusher (granted, this is pre-season and blah blah blah and we haven't seen the practices and blah blah blah.)

The only problem with that is that St. Louis is pretty loaded with pass rushers.