DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

Are the Clippers really twice as valuable as an NFL franchise? $900m seems low.

The Clippers have so many more games in a city that can basically charge whatever the hell they want for tickets.  For the NBA to be the 3rd biggest American sport they have the most marketable players, and Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are two of the highest profile players in the entire league.  So it seems strange, because football is the #1 sport, but an NBA franchise is probably worth more.

Yeah, the collective bargaining vis a vis media rights is both a blessing and curse for NFL owners. Can you imagine if NFL teams were free to negotiate their own tv deals like in the NCAA or other sports? The Steelers, Cowboys, Niners, NY teams and a few others would probably double their franchise value but a lot of the smaller ones like Jacksonville or Buffalo would go down the drain.

Another thing - the Bills *know* what they're getting for their national TV money. The contracts were renewed like a year or two ago. The NBA national contracts are up for renewal, and there's a distinct possibility they're going to go through the roof. When you consider the previously mentioned local money, the LA market, and ticket prices that are shooting up...yeah, it makes sense.

Plus those are initial bids, I thought when the process started the Bills would sell for 1.1 to 1.2 billion, somewhere in there.  Another issue with the Bills is they need a new stadium so the new owner is going to have that to deal with, which will no doubt cost them more money.

Also at least look at Bye Weeks when drafting.

Some people are really really hardcore about bye weeks - like to the point that no one will have the same bye week.

I look at it more like you dont want to end up drafting two QBs and then realize they both have the same bye week thus meaning you still need a third.

Or realizing that all of your running backs are off Week 6. Not that I have ever done something like that. Nope, not at all

I know Suh doesn't get much benefit of the doubt any more, but that hit was to the chest right?  I think it's good that the NFL is trying to protect it's players, but that doesn't mean they should just make shit up.  That hit was maybe a half step late, but that wasn't headhunting.

If you are looking for the only thing that Matt Simms does all year then last night was it:

s2yvosuhpf3h4clx4blr.gif

watched the game this morning and man you have to be worried about Eli this season given his play last year and now this pre-season.  Nothing in way of production and more and more turnovers.

I know Suh doesn't get much benefit of the doubt any more, but that hit was to the chest right?  I think it's good that the NFL is trying to protect it's players, but that doesn't mean they should just make shit up.  That hit was maybe a half step late, but that wasn't headhunting.

Did the NFL say it was headhunting?  It was just your 'normal' late hit on a QB so it should have been a foul.  I didn't watch the game so I didn't hear what the referee called it but certainly looked like a penalty.

Did the NFL say it was headhunting?  It was just your 'normal' late hit on a QB so it should have been a foul.  I didn't watch the game so I didn't hear what the referee called it but certainly looked like a penalty.

ESPN's original headline said that he went high, but it has since been changed.  It was late, but I didn't think it was egregious to me.  It looked like a 300 lbs. man running full speed and since he couldn't stop he made the hit count.  It should have been a penalty, but it shouldn't be news.

This Bills game has been bad.  So bad.  I am the most optimistic fan in the world and even I can't think of anything nice to say.

You know what?

You gotta just hold on to what you've got.

It doesn't make a difference if you make it or not.

You've got each other and that's a lot.

• Like 1