DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

13 hours ago, Robert C said:

OK, so who here wants to give me an explanation why I saw my next door neighbor's kid (I use the term "kid" to mean he's their offspring, not that he's a child.  He lives with his parents, but I'd guess he's at least in his mid 50s) dragging a coffin out of their garage this afternoon?  I thought living in a house where the previous owner murdered his wife was odd enough already.  Not sure I needed the coffin next door to really up the weirdness factor.

Get your responses ready for when the news knocks on your door sometime in the next week.

"He was a quiet guy. Always kept to himself. I can't believe something like that would happen here! It's such a quiet neighborhood."

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 3:56 AM, Robert C said:

OK, so who here wants to give me an explanation why I saw my next door neighbor's kid (I use the term "kid" to mean he's their offspring, not that he's a child.  He lives with his parents, but I'd guess he's at least in his mid 50s) dragging a coffin out of their garage this afternoon?  I thought living in a house where the previous owner murdered his wife was odd enough already.  Not sure I needed the coffin next door to really up the weirdness factor.

Granted, this looks quite suspicious, but if the dude is in his mid 50's then his parents are likely at least in their 70's, so maybe he just wants to be well prepared for the inevitable? Hopefully due to natural causes.

12 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Granted, this looks quite suspicious, but if the dude is in his mid 50's then his parents are likely at least in their 70's, so maybe he just wants to be well prepared for the inevitable? Hopefully due to natural causes.

Lol, do you keep a casket on hand in case someone in the family dies?  I can’t think of anyone I’ve gotten to know that kept a casket around just in case.  My parents lived into their eighties and planned ahead, but planning didn’t go any further than organizing their affairs and putting a downpayment on a plot in the cemetery they wanted buried in.  We picked out caskets when they died and never saw the things except at the funeral home and the gravesite.  I’m almost certain my wife would be appalled if I wanted to put a casket in the garage until we need it.

I’m curious sort, so I assume I would just ask the guy.  Odds are there’s a reasonable explanation. 

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

11 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Lol, do you keep a casket on hand in case someone in the family dies?  I can’t think of anyone I’ve gotten to know that kept a casket around just in case.  My parents lived into their eighties and planned ahead, but planning didn’t go any further than organizing their affairs and putting a downpayment on a plot in the cemetery they wanted buried in.  We picked out caskets when they died and never saw the things except at the funeral home and the gravesite.  I’m almost certain my wife would be appalled if I wanted to put a casket in the garage until we need it.

I’m curious sort, so I assume I would just ask the guy.  Odds are there’s a reasonable explanation. 

"Ok, you guys! I got a decent deal on this sligthly used one and it will be the only one I'll be willing or able to afford for at least a few years. If this thing bothers you, I suggest you stay away from the garage for the time being! Also, I think our neighbour saw me take it there too, so I think you both should go outside and talk to him, so he won't freak out too bad."

• Haha 1

It's not 100% sure yet, but it appears the Hakuto-R mission to land on the moon has failed. 

The mission would have been the first commercial landing on the lunar surface.  

And in other news, the FAA told SpaceX they need to hold the fuck on with another rocket until they figure out what went wrong with the last one.  Which... really makes me think it went a lot worse than they let on. 

Banner week for commercial space travel.  

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's not 100% sure yet, but it appears the Hakuto-R mission to land on the moon has failed. 

The mission would have been the first commercial landing on the lunar surface.  

And in other news, the FAA told SpaceX they need to hold the fuck on with another rocket until they figure out what went wrong with the last one.  Which... really makes me think it went a lot worse than they let on. 

Banner week for commercial space travel.  

For starters, they ignored everyone who told them their launchpad wasn't up to snuff... 

• Like 1

Went to make coffee this morning, dumped my grounds in the french press, poured in my water and...it all poured right out a hole in the bottom.  Our cleaners were in yesterday so I'm pretty sure they must have cracked it.  

I don't care that they broke it but damn, at least warn me so I don't find out when I'm trying to make my morning coffee.

• Sad 2

On 4/27/2023 at 9:43 AM, Zimbra said:

Went to make coffee this morning, dumped my grounds in the french press, poured in my water and...it all poured right out a hole in the bottom.  Our cleaners were in yesterday so I'm pretty sure they must have cracked it.  

I don't care that they broke it but damn, at least warn me so I don't find out when I'm trying to make my morning coffee.

A few months ago, my wife refilled the soap dispenser built into the sink by emptying an entire bottle of liquid soap into It.  When it still didn’t work, she called me to look at it.  Took me all of sixty seconds to look down into the soap dispenser and realize I could see the floor of the cabinet below.  The bottle connected to the dispenser had somehow become unscrewed and was lying at the bottom of the cabinet - next to the puddle of liquid soap my wife just dumped in.

No harm done, but it took us awhile to sop up the soapy mess.  There were several bottles of various products right below the opening, so lots of things got sticky.

Edited by Mario
  • Haha 3

So, this is work related for those of us in project management type work, but has anyone here worked with Smartsheets? We're switching from Jira/Atlassian to Smartsheets and it feels like a serious shit show. I have no idea how to even manage a project using this. To use a woodworking example, it feels like I built a cutting board and instead of just using a hand router or sander to put a softened edge on the sides, I bought an expensive CNC instead to do it for me but the CNC is too confusing to even understand how to use.

I am going to say this quickly. I am going to say it here and not elsewhere. I suggest we don't make a big thing about it, but still wanted to say it. I've been here since the board was a board and not a forum; more than half my life and I'm 41. I have made life long friends here and a thousand acquaintances that I could and can have an enjoyable conversation with at a moment's notice. I grew up here. I developed and tested and honed and refined my tastes here in wrestling, music, television, literature (and yeah, comics). I learned to back up my arguments and get ahead of opposition, skills I use every day at work, in the trenches of Non-Stick Wrestling, far more than I did in college. The baseline is high. This place is special. There are not many places left in the world like it. It's been a week of people coming together, of celebrating the most beloved of us, of reminiscing, of looking back. I was here then. I am here now. I look around. In my mind, this place is as special in 2023 as it was in 2003, and in a number of ways even more so. We are lucky to have it and lucky to have each other. No one that hits that login button on the top right of the screen at DVDVR is ever truly alone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Please keep the following to here...

I had a great first half of today doing Pilates for the first time and the second half really went to shit. An emergency doctor's appointment led to me getting sent to hospital and an emergency surgery tomorrow. Gym, swimming, pilates and yoga's going to be out. Bugger.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 6

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

I had a great first half of today doing Pilates for the first time and the second half really went to shit. An emergency doctor's appointment led to me getting sent to hospital and an emergency surgery tomorrow. Gym, swimming, pilates and yoga's going to be out. Bugger.

Aww, hell, I hope everything goes well and your recovery is smooth. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Aww, hell, I hope everything goes well and your recovery is smooth. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Thank you, friend. Appreciate that as I'm feeling so low.

Edited by The Natural

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hope you get better soon 👊🏽👊🏽

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

I posteed before finding out about DEAN's aaand feel bad for doing so. Puts things into perspective. Love you, fella. Apologize every1.Just put of surgerry xxx.

Edited by The Natural

58 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I posteed before finding out about DEAN's aaand feel bad for doing so. Puts things into perspective. Love you, fella. Apologize every1.Just put of surgerry xxx.

Don't apologize for posting when you're going through a rough time. Period. 

Feel better soon! 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Paul, we're just glad to know that you got out of surgery ok. Thank you for telling us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2023 at 1:34 PM, The Natural said:

Hope you’re doing ok, dude. Always look forward to reading your posts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2023 at 6:32 PM, Tabe said:

Don't apologize for posting when you're going through a rough time. Period. 

Feel better soon! 

On 5/5/2023 at 6:36 PM, Matt D said:

Paul, we're just glad to know that you got out of surgery ok. Thank you for telling us.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:53 PM, Control said:

Hope you’re doing ok, dude. Always look forward to reading your posts!

On 5/10/2023 at 8:20 PM, Zimbra said:

Yeah, Paul, been thinking about you and hope everything is going smoothly.

Cheers, lads. Means a lot. Really does.

I have mixed news. The good is that my wound is healing well. The wound requires in and out daily packing. The bad is that I went to the doctor's today and I have a chest infection so on steroids and antibiotics. So it's been a rough stretch of it.

Glad to be back amongst you xxx.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3