DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

On 6/25/2023 at 5:35 PM, The Natural said:

So I made a post about the first quarter of 2023 as it came to an end so here's the second.

Started going to the gym again for the first time in 15 years in February. I started Swimming again for the first time in 25 years and that's something I didn't see myself ever doing again. Been using floats till I get my confidence up. I tried Yoga for the first time ever and it wasn't for me. I lost track of all these positions and last 15 minutes you lie down in the dark to be one with nature. Felt a right muppet. Contrast that to Pilates. I like how the instructor who is a right character goes through each level, 1-4 twice and you choose. I go fortnightly. The Pilates class sell out quick but touch wood I usually get in. I can now go to the gym closest to where I live which makes a big difference having had my induction there instead of going to the other gym further away needing two buses. I then got a emergency doctors appointment sending me up to surgery the next day. The healing process takes a while with this operation needing it packed daily then alternate days as it has to heal from the inside out. Can't swim until then.

I've really gelled with Deborah, my counsellor from My Wellbeing College. I wasn't going to try a third time there as Ben and Rebecca badly let me down especially Rebecca. I see Deborah once a week face to face and she kindly hasn't counted telephone calls. You normally have 12 sessions but she's given me 18. I was really moved when she said she'd give me 6 extra sessions. I have 4 left.

I usually self-harm on my Birthday/Mother's Day in March, June for Mum's Anniversary and December is Mum's birthday/Christmas time as these events especially trigger me. For the first time since losing Mum 9 years ago, I beat the urge on my Birthday/Mother's Day. The hardest date is the Anniversary which is tomorrow, the 26th of June. I don't want to undo the hard work put in by me and those who have helped me in 2023. If I don't self-harm, does that mean I love my Mum any less or more by not doing what I've done every year since losing Mum, the 26th of June 2014?

It's been lovely hearing Dr. Gupta who I've known since a young boy saying how well I've done, keep it up. Dr. Eldridge who has as well saying similar. Likewise Deborah and my neurologist Dr. Stoppard all this week. Yep four appointments.

I've seen old school friends including some I haven't seen since those school days either in Mathew and by chance Martin on Friday as I went up to the bar when I was there with Alyson, David and Alison.

I'm doing good with the Trazodone, the counselling and the exercise. In doing though it's a balancing act with my body working four times harder doing the same thing as someone without. I do feel the pressure of keeping this going and not letting people down, especially my Mum/Dad/Sister. Thanks for the support here xxx.

I posted a quarterly update on March, June and it's time for September.

I've been feeling very sad as my therapy with Deborah is almost at an end. Me and Deborah have really clicked which is saying something as I wasn't going to put myself through My Wellbeing College again having had two shit experiences. Everyone I've spoken to has including my Sister. I got lucky third time of asking with Deborah. My previous and current doctors have all said I've needed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy primarily alongside Counselling and I've finally had it. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the right treatment. Deborah has been so accommodating when I've not been able to attend due to illness including some hours before as you can only cancel so many times, she's given me the book we've worked from which is "rarer than hen's teeth" and six extra sessions too. I'm really going to miss Deborah. As I understand it, contact with Deborah ceases upon conclusion so no updates or catch ups.

I've been feeling very sad as my time with Julie of the Hope team is also coming to closure. I wouldn't have gone swimming without Julie. When I said to Julie I was going to look round Shipley Swimming Pool, she said she'd go swimming with me. Haven't swam there since a kid. I've gone twice on my own. I can reapply to the Hope team in three months and request Julie. I'd like to but do I having to go through the cycle of months together then months apart? I'm not good at goodbyes.

The BEEP Scheme from Dr. Jundi and Rebecca has really helped me this year mentally and physically. Gym for the first time in 15 years, Swimming 25 years and Pilates for the first time ever. I wasn't going to do the BEEP Scheme because Megan my BEEP contact sent me up to Thornton Recreation Centre for my gym induction which is two buses away/two buses back whereas Shipley Swimming Pool is a 15 minute walk away. Even Paul (great name) who did my Gym induction at Thornton Recreation Centre said it was stupid me getting sent there. Megan left and I've got a upgrade in Ellie. Joe who did my Gym induction at Shipley Swimming Pool said I'm killing it doing Gym/Swimming/Pilates. Lovely hearing such support.

It's a balancing act getting the good out of those activities while taking me four times the energy with the Cerebral Palsy to those without it. Just need to work on the diet as the fizzy pop/takeaways undo the calories burnt doing said activities. I need to do Gym more, I try to. I try to swim once a week. I do Pilates twice a month.

I've been thinking back in my life wishing I'd done some things differently. I wouldn't have done Psychology as a second degree. Bugs me that you don't get placement experience like my Sister did as a nurse and how counsellors do, an apprentice plumber as a further example as my Uncle does up and comers. You need to learn not just from texts but by physically doing and experiencing. I'd also wish I'd got National Health Service employment to give back to what they've given me. Me and my Mum would be so fucked without the NHS. So glad we have it and so sorry for how healthcare is in America. Feel bad I don't have a career. Need someone to take a punt on me. What's working against me is what Cerebral Palsy takes out as already mentioned alongside my mental health issues too. I still have suicidal thoughts and self-harm urges but haven't tried either. Very few people know about those. I've talked on Facebook about my mental health battles but not to that extent and I don't think I ever will. Would be nice to have a girlfriend but I have little to no confidence in myself.

I've continued the trend of seeing friends I haven't in a while by chance. Bec for the first time in three years since the Cellar Trust Charity Shop we volunteered at closed down. I really think The Cellar Trust threw the towel in on the shop too soon. Terry since 2008. Terry's charity helped me many years ago so I always donate to their bucket collections asking how he is, lo and behold he was there last weekend. I'm meeting Rachel who I've known all my life in November too.

My hips have been giving me gyp which is concerning considering I was admitted into hospital four times as a young boy by them.

There's times I think the Trazodone is wearing off. I get into my head that there's different batches. It's a shame you can't bottle up the first three weeks feeling, it's amazing. I've only had that feeling once or twice since then. We briefly increased the Trazodone once before and it didn't agree with me. Dr. Jundi was a saint with me when it comes to antidepressants because I'd want to try something new. I see Dr. Eldridge who I like but Dr. Jundi is way better, she came up with Trazodone.

The following needs to be kept strictly to here only. My Dad's prostate tests are up so he has to be referred to hospital, he's testing high for potential diabetes too. I've seen what cancer and diabetes has done to my family. A POS verbally assaulted my Dad as well and he'd done nothing to get that. All that was yesterday so had a big cry as a result. I luckily tested negative for Diabetes which surprised me as I'm so thirsty, my weight and genetics with my late, great Mum.

I feel a lot of pressure to keep up the changes I've made, to not let my loved ones down and relapse. I worry for December, one of my trigger months with Mum's birthday and Christmas Day. It's lovely hearing "well done/you're doing so well" from my Dad, Sister, Aje, Alyson, health professionals who have known me since a young boy and here, the DVDVR MB family. Thank you so much. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 9

Said goodbye to Deborah yesterday. Really going to miss her. She said she's going to miss me too. Contact does cease. I hoped I could give updates when necessary. We were both emotional. It's now taking what I've learnt from Deborah and carrying it forward alongside the physical activities of the BEEP Scheme with the medication. Takes a lot to open up to someone such secrets, self-harm and suicidal thoughts. I'm also conscious of what it does to the listener which is why I kept that from Dad/Laura so long. I've also trusted people and they've let me down. Few know about my self-mutilation and suicidal ideation. I've never revealed those on Facebook and I don't think I ever would. Originally it was going to be my last session with Deborah and Julie yesterday but it would be too much so I see Julie next Tuesday. That too will be emotional. I don't want to relapse and let people down.

My appetite and sleep is shot with my Dad having to go to hospital about his prostate. Bad age bracket too. Please keep that to here. I lost my religion a long time ago losing my Mum and Lisa so young, diseases that exist, and people out there but even I'd say a little prayer so my Dad's okay. I think he will be. I end on this quote: "When there's love, there's hope but a little luck wouldn't hurt" from Batman: The Animated Series.

Thank you. Love, Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Back in July, my wife went ziplining.  She was at a friend's lake house and the zip line went across the lake.  The way the zip line is setup, there's apparently an incline as you approach the destination side.  You have to be careful not to stop your momentum too soon or you could go back to the middle of the lake.  My wife took her turn and it went mostly OK.  The woman after her, however, got nervous and stopped her momentum too soon.  She was unable to pull herself to the destination and ended up in the middle of the line hanging over the lake.  Because of the way they were rigged up, you couldn't just unhook yourself and drop into the lake.  And, without holding on tight with your arms, you would flip upside down. 

The woman who owned the home sent her (strong male) assistant out on the same zip line to try and grab the woman and pull her in.  He was unable, leaving two people now hanging the middle of the lake.  Somewhere in the middle of this, a rope was delivered to the woman in the middle of the lake.  The woman who was stuck was highly upset, freaking out that she could flip over and potentially be seriously harmed from blood rushing to her head.

My wife and the homeowner were then forced to use this rope to pull the two people in from the middle of the lake, tug of war style.  As you might imagine, this was extremely difficult - pulling two people up an inclined rope.  They were eventually successful.  The fire department showed up shortly after that (this was a quite remote area they were in).

My wife called me after this happened and she was highly agitated and upset.  The sounds of her friend crying and freaking out while waiting to be rescued, on top of the huge physical strain in the rescue effort, took a severe toll.  

She drove home early the next morning.  I started talking to her and she had no idea how she'd gotten home.  Totally in shock.  She was telling the story to me and crying and then wondering why her face was wet.  It was extremely upsetting.  Eventually I got her to eat some food (he blood sugar was apparently way out of whack) and she was able to return to "normal".

That's when the real fun started.

It seems that, in the course of rescuing her friend, my wife severely herniated a disc in her back.  The resulting herniation pressed the disc on her sciatic nerve.  That in turn triggered excruciating pain up and down her leg.  This pain is basically constant and unrelenting.  She got pain shots and they had no effect.  She got an epidural and it had no effect.  She had a surgical consult and the surgeon said her disc was "one of the worst he's ever seen" and scheduled her for surgery.  Day of her surgery, we went in and she was taken back and prepped.  They then told her she couldn't have the surgery because her A1c test from the day before was too high to be safe for surgery.  So they canceled it.  We had an appointment this morning and her A1c has come down but not quite enough (8.0 and it needs to be UNDER 8.0).  Was told it'll be another month before she can have the surgery.

In the meantime, she is taking hydrocodone to deal with the pain.  She is absolutely following recommended dosages and timing but hydro is only prescribed in 2-week allotments with refills generally not allowed.  After her first fill, our insurance denied coverage of the refill but she went to a different pharmacy and paid cash and got the prescription filled.  When that batch was gone, the refill was again denied so I went to a 3rd pharmacy.  That pharmacy somehow knew our insurance info and got another denial.  This time, the pharmacy refused to fill the prescription at all because insurance denied it, even though I was paying cash.  They said they would do it if they an approval from my wife's doctor (isn't that what a prescription is?!?!).  We got it and it got filled.  That fill is now gone.  Today at the doctor, she was told that insurance is now denying coverage because we paid cash and that they might drop us entirely for going around them.  The doctor is filing an appeal to try and get approval for the medication.

As for my wife, she basically can't do anything.  When she walks, she's hunched over, and she can't do much more than walk to the bathroom.  Sitting up is a no-go.  So she lays down.  All day.  Every day.  Any amount of activity results in extreme pain later.  Her pain is incredibly bad and frequently leaves her sobbing.  It's all just so awful.  I'm powerless to truly help her.  Thankfully, she's mostly maintained a positive outlook and isn't losing her mind or anything like that but the whole thing is definitely wearing on her.

So...yeah.  Screw insurance.

p.s. No, we're not suing the owner of the home with the zipline.  I briefly broached the the topic and was shot down immediately.  

• Sad 6

Holy shit @Tabe, I feel for you guys.  I herniated a disk probably in the same part of my back in 2021.  Exact same symptoms, exact same useless epidural.  The surgery was worth it and I hope she can get in soon.  I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t sweat the lack of drugs.  Opioids do nothing for nerve pain except make you care less about it.  Feel free to PM me for details, advice, etc.  I’m still dealing with some side effects but life is fine.

And yes, fuck health insurance.  I had to yell at my provider on the phone for a half hour to get them to approve an MRI.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So today was supposed to be my final session with Julie from the HOPE team for three months which left me feeling sad. I wouldn't have done swimming were it not for her. We go to the steady swim session, it's an hour long every Tuesday. I was thinking of changing to another day as it wouldn't be the same without Julie. Turns out Julie doesn't work Monday or Friday...the other days Steady Swim Session is on. So we're going to go a Monday now. Get in. I still gave Julie her going away presents for what she's done.

When I swim I tend to go back and forth in my session but today did a full length four times including twice at the end I struggle at. Did well to say it's my first swim in a month. Saw an old school friend to in Manjit who I haven't seen since we finished school. I've seen so many people in 2023 by chance for the first time in years. Mathew, Martin, Asma, Bec, Terry and Martin to name a few.

• Like 5

I could probably fit this in Health but I'll put it here. I fell... again. This time I was descending an outside staircase, stumbled and went down onto the front yard lot which is on a descending hill and comprised of huge, blade-like rocks pointing up all which way. My left knee ain't bad but the right ate shit. Two puncture wounds, seven stitches/sutures. I guess it ain't broken but it fuckin HURTS. This might finally teach me a lesson but you know how that goes... Anyway, gonna be a little quiet from me. 

• Sad 7

Curt, stop falling off of/into stuff please.

My wife had her patellar tendon replaced 3-ish weeks ago and recovery has been really rough.  She also started having unexplained urinary issues after surgery and has had a catheter, which is just another thing to care for and deal with.

I've been doing pretty much nonstop caretaking since January on top of my regular work and I am having a Bad Time.

• Sad 7

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Curt, stop falling off of/into stuff please.

My wife had her patellar tendon replaced 3-ish weeks ago and recovery has been really rough.  She also started having unexplained urinary issues after surgery and has had a catheter, which is just another thing to care for and deal with.

I've been doing pretty much nonstop caretaking since January on top of my regular work and I am having a Bad Time.

Sorry you and your wife are having a tough spell with illness. Here if you need someone to talk to, pal.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

World Cerebral Palsy Day today. Me, my parents and sister were told from health professionals that I'd never walk or talk properly but I can do both though the former action is much more difficult. Learnt today 1 in 400 children in the UK have CP.

• Like 10

On 9/22/2023 at 6:30 PM, The Natural said:

I posted a quarterly update on March, June and it's time for September.

I've been feeling very sad as my therapy with Deborah is almost at an end. Me and Deborah have really clicked which is saying something as I wasn't going to put myself through My Wellbeing College again having had two shit experiences. Everyone I've spoken to has including my Sister. I got lucky third time of asking with Deborah. My previous and current doctors have all said I've needed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy primarily alongside Counselling and I've finally had it. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the right treatment. Deborah has been so accommodating when I've not been able to attend due to illness including some hours before as you can only cancel so many times, she's given me the book we've worked from which is "rarer than hen's teeth" and six extra sessions too. I'm really going to miss Deborah. As I understand it, contact with Deborah ceases upon conclusion so no updates or catch ups.

I've been feeling very sad as my time with Julie of the Hope team is also coming to closure. I wouldn't have gone swimming without Julie. When I said to Julie I was going to look round Shipley Swimming Pool, she said she'd go swimming with me. Haven't swam there since a kid. I've gone twice on my own. I can reapply to the Hope team in three months and request Julie. I'd like to but do I having to go through the cycle of months together then months apart? I'm not good at goodbyes.

The BEEP Scheme from Dr. Jundi and Rebecca has really helped me this year mentally and physically. Gym for the first time in 15 years, Swimming 25 years and Pilates for the first time ever. I wasn't going to do the BEEP Scheme because Megan my BEEP contact sent me up to Thornton Recreation Centre for my gym induction which is two buses away/two buses back whereas Shipley Swimming Pool is a 15 minute walk away. Even Paul (great name) who did my Gym induction at Thornton Recreation Centre said it was stupid me getting sent there. Megan left and I've got a upgrade in Ellie. Joe who did my Gym induction at Shipley Swimming Pool said I'm killing it doing Gym/Swimming/Pilates. Lovely hearing such support.

It's a balancing act getting the good out of those activities while taking me four times the energy with the Cerebral Palsy to those without it. Just need to work on the diet as the fizzy pop/takeaways undo the calories burnt doing said activities. I need to do Gym more, I try to. I try to swim once a week. I do Pilates twice a month.

I've been thinking back in my life wishing I'd done some things differently. I wouldn't have done Psychology as a second degree. Bugs me that you don't get placement experience like my Sister did as a nurse and how counsellors do, an apprentice plumber as a further example as my Uncle does up and comers. You need to learn not just from texts but by physically doing and experiencing. I'd also wish I'd got National Health Service employment to give back to what they've given me. Me and my Mum would be so fucked without the NHS. So glad we have it and so sorry for how healthcare is in America. Feel bad I don't have a career. Need someone to take a punt on me. What's working against me is what Cerebral Palsy takes out as already mentioned alongside my mental health issues too. I still have suicidal thoughts and self-harm urges but haven't tried either. Very few people know about those. I've talked on Facebook about my mental health battles but not to that extent and I don't think I ever will. Would be nice to have a girlfriend but I have little to no confidence in myself.

I've continued the trend of seeing friends I haven't in a while by chance. Bec for the first time in three years since the Cellar Trust Charity Shop we volunteered at closed down. I really think The Cellar Trust threw the towel in on the shop too soon. Terry since 2008. Terry's charity helped me many years ago so I always donate to their bucket collections asking how he is, lo and behold he was there last weekend. I'm meeting Rachel who I've known all my life in November too.

My hips have been giving me gyp which is concerning considering I was admitted into hospital four times as a young boy by them.

There's times I think the Trazodone is wearing off. I get into my head that there's different batches. It's a shame you can't bottle up the first three weeks feeling, it's amazing. I've only had that feeling once or twice since then. We briefly increased the Trazodone once before and it didn't agree with me. Dr. Jundi was a saint with me when it comes to antidepressants because I'd want to try something new. I see Dr. Eldridge who I like but Dr. Jundi is way better, she came up with Trazodone.

The following needs to be kept strictly to here only. My Dad's prostate tests are up so he has to be referred to hospital, he's testing high for potential diabetes too. I've seen what cancer and diabetes has done to my family. A POS verbally assaulted my Dad as well and he'd done nothing to get that. All that was yesterday so had a big cry as a result. I luckily tested negative for Diabetes which surprised me as I'm so thirsty, my weight and genetics with my late, great Mum.

I feel a lot of pressure to keep up the changes I've made, to not let my loved ones down and relapse. I worry for December, one of my trigger months with Mum's birthday and Christmas Day. It's lovely hearing "well done/you're doing so well" from my Dad, Sister, Aje, Alyson, health professionals who have known me since a young boy and here, the DVDVR MB family. Thank you so much. Love, Paul xxx.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, The Natural said:

Said goodbye to Deborah yesterday. Really going to miss her. She said she's going to miss me too. Contact does cease. I hoped I could give updates when necessary. We were both emotional. It's now taking what I've learnt from Deborah and carrying it forward alongside the physical activities of the BEEP Scheme with the medication. Takes a lot to open up to someone such secrets, self-harm and suicidal thoughts. I'm also conscious of what it does to the listener which is why I kept that from Dad/Laura so long. I've also trusted people and they've let me down. Few know about my self-mutilation and suicidal ideation. I've never revealed those on Facebook and I don't think I ever would. Originally it was going to be my last session with Deborah and Julie yesterday but it would be too much so I see Julie next Tuesday. That too will be emotional. I don't want to relapse and let people down.

My appetite and sleep is shot with my Dad having to go to hospital about his prostate. Bad age bracket too. Please keep that to here. I lost my religion a long time ago losing my Mum and Lisa so young, diseases that exist, and people out there but even I'd say a little prayer so my Dad's okay. I think he will be. I end on this quote: "When there's love, there's hope but a little luck wouldn't hurt" from Batman: The Animated Series.

Thank you. Love, Paul xxx.

Please keep to here...I've hardly slept or eaten since. Last Monday my Dad had his hospital appointment but consultants were on strike. Dad later that day went back for his MRI. We were told on Friday we'd get the consultant ringing on Monday today. When the consultant starts the phone call asking if someone is with my Dad, your heart sinks. My Dad doesn't have cancer. Such fucking relief. Now I'll sleep till hibernation. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So one of the symptoms of my wife's condition is that she bruises really, really easily.  This is typically more annoying than anything else.

Except Sunday she woke up with a big green bruise square on her cheekbone that's only gotten darker since then.  We think it's from one of our cats headbutting her while she was sleeping, but can't be sure.

I sure am glad she's still recovering from surgery and we're not going out much because there just isn't any way to get past people's first impressions with that one.

• Sad 4

On 9/28/2023 at 11:46 AM, Tabe said:

Back in July, my wife went ziplining.  She was at a friend's lake house and the zip line went across the lake.  The way the zip line is setup, there's apparently an incline as you approach the destination side.  You have to be careful not to stop your momentum too soon or you could go back to the middle of the lake.  My wife took her turn and it went mostly OK.  The woman after her, however, got nervous and stopped her momentum too soon.  She was unable to pull herself to the destination and ended up in the middle of the line hanging over the lake.  Because of the way they were rigged up, you couldn't just unhook yourself and drop into the lake.  And, without holding on tight with your arms, you would flip upside down. 

The woman who owned the home sent her (strong male) assistant out on the same zip line to try and grab the woman and pull her in.  He was unable, leaving two people now hanging the middle of the lake.  Somewhere in the middle of this, a rope was delivered to the woman in the middle of the lake.  The woman who was stuck was highly upset, freaking out that she could flip over and potentially be seriously harmed from blood rushing to her head.

My wife and the homeowner were then forced to use this rope to pull the two people in from the middle of the lake, tug of war style.  As you might imagine, this was extremely difficult - pulling two people up an inclined rope.  They were eventually successful.  The fire department showed up shortly after that (this was a quite remote area they were in).

My wife called me after this happened and she was highly agitated and upset.  The sounds of her friend crying and freaking out while waiting to be rescued, on top of the huge physical strain in the rescue effort, took a severe toll.  

She drove home early the next morning.  I started talking to her and she had no idea how she'd gotten home.  Totally in shock.  She was telling the story to me and crying and then wondering why her face was wet.  It was extremely upsetting.  Eventually I got her to eat some food (he blood sugar was apparently way out of whack) and she was able to return to "normal".

That's when the real fun started.

It seems that, in the course of rescuing her friend, my wife severely herniated a disc in her back.  The resulting herniation pressed the disc on her sciatic nerve.  That in turn triggered excruciating pain up and down her leg.  This pain is basically constant and unrelenting.  She got pain shots and they had no effect.  She got an epidural and it had no effect.  She had a surgical consult and the surgeon said her disc was "one of the worst he's ever seen" and scheduled her for surgery.  Day of her surgery, we went in and she was taken back and prepped.  They then told her she couldn't have the surgery because her A1c test from the day before was too high to be safe for surgery.  So they canceled it.  We had an appointment this morning and her A1c has come down but not quite enough (8.0 and it needs to be UNDER 8.0).  Was told it'll be another month before she can have the surgery.

In the meantime, she is taking hydrocodone to deal with the pain.  She is absolutely following recommended dosages and timing but hydro is only prescribed in 2-week allotments with refills generally not allowed.  After her first fill, our insurance denied coverage of the refill but she went to a different pharmacy and paid cash and got the prescription filled.  When that batch was gone, the refill was again denied so I went to a 3rd pharmacy.  That pharmacy somehow knew our insurance info and got another denial.  This time, the pharmacy refused to fill the prescription at all because insurance denied it, even though I was paying cash.  They said they would do it if they an approval from my wife's doctor (isn't that what a prescription is?!?!).  We got it and it got filled.  That fill is now gone.  Today at the doctor, she was told that insurance is now denying coverage because we paid cash and that they might drop us entirely for going around them.  The doctor is filing an appeal to try and get approval for the medication.

As for my wife, she basically can't do anything.  When she walks, she's hunched over, and she can't do much more than walk to the bathroom.  Sitting up is a no-go.  So she lays down.  All day.  Every day.  Any amount of activity results in extreme pain later.  Her pain is incredibly bad and frequently leaves her sobbing.  It's all just so awful.  I'm powerless to truly help her.  Thankfully, she's mostly maintained a positive outlook and isn't losing her mind or anything like that but the whole thing is definitely wearing on her.

So...yeah.  Screw insurance.

p.s. No, we're not suing the owner of the home with the zipline.  I briefly broached the the topic and was shot down immediately.  

My wife has surgery tomorrow. They are not retesting her blood so should not get denied surgery again. Positive thoughts on the surgery and recovery are welcome. 

• Like 10

The hospital got two of the seven stitches in my knee out but said it'd take another 3-5 days for scabbing to fall off because the nurse couldn't find the knots. Then I went to my therapist, told her I wanted to switch psychiatrists (the guy doesn't even remember my name!), the receptionist told me I'd have to do it myself via phone (seriously? What do they pay her for?) and she wrote the number down for me. 

She wrote the wrong phone extension on the card. 

*sigh*

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The hospital got two of the seven stitches in my knee out but said it'd take another 3-5 days for scabbing to fall off because the nurse couldn't find the knots. T

That reminds me of when I had my major surgery back in 1998. Opened up from breast bone to pubic bone, basically. Stapled back together. Several days later they started to remove the staples and we're watching the incision spread more and more open. Nurse and I looked at each other. "I'll just take every other one out for now, we'll come back in a few days."

• Sad 3

Jesus. When I broke my humerus and dislocated my shoulder in ANOTHER fall, they whacked me open above my bicep and put a metal plate inside (thankfully it took). The guy that put in the stitches though just butchered me. I have a huge seven-inch scar and the stitches even have scars. Before he took em out I was sitting at the theater and felt something wet... I was dripping, right into my shirt, and had to split. 

• Sad 1