DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Cheers, lads. Means a lot. Really does.

I have mixed news. The good is that my wound is healing well. The wound requires in and out daily packing. The bad is that I went to the doctor's today and I have a chest infection so on steroids and antibiotics. So it's been a rough stretch of it.

Glad to be back amongst you xxx.

Wait, they put you on steroids? Does that mean you aren't Natural anymore?

But be that as it may, good to have you back and hopefully the infection is fought off shortly! Stay strong!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

It's the shitty steroids, not the fun steroids!  😄

Yeah, I had some of those for lungs (or sinuses) or whatever and it very specifically said in the description "not to be confused with ANABOLIC steroids".

• Haha 3

On 5/13/2023 at 8:35 PM, Octopus said:

@The Natural will become so buff he’ll have to change his name to Big Poppa Paul!

I eagerly await his version of the Steiner Math promo in a post.

"You know they say all posters are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Tarheel Moneghetti...."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, 赤い竜 said:

I dunno what to do in life, so i decided to work with Flowers. And the job is only few months of work while getting paid real good. 

Dumb question, but do you mean flowers as in plants?

If so, what kind of work are you doing? I have no expertise or anything close to it with flowers. I'm just curious if you're working on the growing end or like a florist.

15 minutes ago, Log said:

Dumb question, but do you mean flowers as in plants?

If so, what kind of work are you doing? I have no expertise or anything close to it with flowers. I'm just curious if you're working on the growing end or like a florist.

Florist stuff, selling plants, greenhouse stuff. Multiple roles. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 赤い竜 said:

Florist stuff, selling plants, greenhouse stuff. Multiple roles. 

That’s so cool. I wish I had more of a green thumb. Hope that all goes great for you!

• Like 1

Grumpy about Craigslist posters who say they're interested in buying my furniture and then flake. I'm trying to sell you a perfectly good couch for $40, let's get it together people.

• Like 1

Gotta rant about my in-laws for second.  My wife is still laid up with a bum leg and I have a family reunion on Canada next month so her sister is flying over from Europe to stay and take care of her while I'm gone.  My dickbag father-in-law also invited himself and my wife's half-brother for a visit at the same time.  He never bothered to talk to either of his daughters about this, he just told his son who then relayed it to my wife.  He then went radio fucking silent on plans for an entire month, not returning any of my wife's calls or texts, saying (again, via his son) that he'll call her when he gets around to it.  This motherfucker is 70 and does nothing but smoke weed and read books all day and can't make a phone call.  Finally last week he calls my wife to tell her the dates he'll be up, and also that he can't afford a place to stay so my wife and her sister have to figure it out for him.  Otherwise he(who, again, is 70 and in extremely bad health) will just sleep on the floor of our condo.  And ALSO that he's going to sell his house and move up to Wisconsin to be closer to us so my wife needs to find him a rental.  I can count on two hands (without needing much of the second one) the number of times he's called my wife in the decade we've been together and now that he needs help he wants to be neighbors.  And the most galling thing is that my wife and her sister are fucking doing what he wants.  My SIL immediately booked him a hotel room and my wife has been talking to apartment brokers for him.  I guess because he's better than their mother who is a legitimate monster.

Anyway,  please contribute to my bail fund when I powerbomb an elderly man off my balcony.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

Gotta rant about my in-laws for second.  My wife is still laid up with a bum leg and I have a family reunion on Canada next month so her sister is flying over from Europe to stay and take care of her while I'm gone.  My dickbag father-in-law also invited himself and my wife's half-brother for a visit at the same time.  He never bothered to talk to either of his daughters about this, he just told his son who then relayed it to my wife.  He then went radio fucking silent on plans for an entire month, not returning any of my wife's calls or texts, saying (again, via his son) that he'll call her when he gets around to it.  This motherfucker is 70 and does nothing but smoke weed and read books all day and can't make a phone call.  Finally last week he calls my wife to tell her the dates he'll be up, and also that he can't afford a place to stay so my wife and her sister have to figure it out for him.  Otherwise he(who, again, is 70 and in extremely bad health) will just sleep on the floor of our condo.  And ALSO that he's going to sell his house and move up to Wisconsin to be closer to us so my wife needs to find him a rental.  I can count on two hands (without needing much of the second one) the number of times he's called my wife in the decade we've been together and now that he needs help he wants to be neighbors.  And the most galling thing is that my wife and her sister are fucking doing what he wants.  My SIL immediately booked him a hotel room and my wife has been talking to apartment brokers for him.  I guess because he's better than their mother who is a legitimate monster.

Anyway,  please contribute to my bail fund when I powerbomb an elderly man off my balcony.

Virtual hugs, mate from across the pond. Hope that helps some xxx.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

You're a good fella. Love to you, your wife and the cats xxx.

Appreciate it, bud.  I'd be in a much better place to deal with it if I didn't have eleventy other things going on at the same time that soak up my energy.

At least the tiny-ass town in Ontario that we're going to for the reunion has two weed stores.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 6:06 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

Grumpy about Craigslist posters who say they're interested in buying my furniture and then flake. I'm trying to sell you a perfectly good couch for $40, let's get it together people.

Important update: Someone showed up when they said they were going to show up, paid me 40 real dollars for my couch, and got it out of my house without damaging anything. There is hope for humanity!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Important update: Someone showed up when they said they were going to show up, paid me 40 real dollars for my couch, and got it out of my house without damaging anything. There is hope for humanity!

Why do you come on here and just lie like this? This story is made up! 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Tabe said:

Why do you come on here and just lie like this? This story is made up! 

This is what is called an urban legend. He swears it's the truth but if you poke around a little bit, you'll find out that it was actually a neighbour's friend who successfully sold a couch without incident.

• Haha 2

I've had bizarrely good luck with craigslist.  I've never tried selling anything on there, but I've never been ripped off buying anything and I've found a couple of roommates over the years, one who was great and one who took almost 3 years to go crazy.  I call that a win.

• Like 1

My wife uses Facebook marketplace to sell a lot of stuff. Over the years, we've come to find that there will inevitably be at least one person on every item who says they want it, will set up a time to come by and get it, and will not show up.

Now, she goes with whoever comes to get it first or whoever will Venmo immediately.

I swear there's some kind of condition some people have that compels them to say they want the item, but then never follow through. I'm not exaggerating to say it happens every single time we sell something.

11 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I've had bizarrely good luck with craigslist.  I've never tried selling anything on there, but I've never been ripped off buying anything and I've found a couple of roommates over the years, one who was great and one who took almost 3 years to go crazy.  I call that a win.

I've had good luck buying. Selling or hiring is a mess with people agreeing and then not showing up. 

12 hours ago, Shartnado said:

This is what is called an urban legend. He swears it's the truth but if you poke around a little bit, you'll find out that it was actually a neighbour's friend who successfully sold a couch without incident.

It was the "no damage" part that convinced me the story was fake 🙂

You guys wanna hear a unbelievable story that I swear is true - when I went through my 'oh shit I am poor' phase from 2012 to 2017 and needed a roommate to pay my mortgage, over that time period I got FIVE different roommates off craiglist (three of which I didn't meet in person until the day they moved in), and all five were normal people that paid their rent on time and left when they were supposed to. To this day my mom says I'm the luckiest person on earth.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

I've had good luck buying. Selling or hiring is a mess with people agreeing and then not showing up. 

We had good luck (for what may have been the first time) when selling a used but well maintained armchair earlier this year. The nice late-middleage couple showed up on time, paid in cash, tried the chair briefly and figured it will make a good chair for knitting and they carried it out by themselves. We did move the chair to a spot that was directly towards the front door, to minimise the possibility of damage, but these things can happen. But it takes luck and plenty of effort on your part as well. So pretty rare, that's for sure!