DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I'm bald. I shave it. I have a giant beard, it's going white. I sort of look like a viking spear chief...just in time for my oldest daughter to starting liking boys.

Timing = winning

Pete:

Just make sure they give you plenty of nitrous! I've had eleven root canals and while they all hurt like hell, at least it was a good time while I was in the chair. For the aftermath, nothing less than Percocet will do. Do not let them give you weakass shit like Lortab, it won't help. Couple of percs and you'll be more or less fine.

Oh, the bad news... They'll want to charge you about $1000 each for crowns. The crowns are only good for about 12-15 years and then they're guaranteed to develop decay underneath which will require either new crowns or extractions of said teeth. Just on the 30% out of pocket that I had to cover in my thirties I wound up spending about $35K on my teeth. Less than twenty years later, need to have 'em all pulled and replaced with dentures. Now that's a process that I'm not looking forward to as they plan on doing the whole thing at one fell swoop. Of course, I will lay in a large stockpile of painkillers before the procedure...

Oh, I've already had root canals in the past (say hallo to my leetle friend Mr Vicodin)... just not two back to back. They already told me the first one will cost $2700. Fun.

Told my cable company I'm moving house on Friday (the 1st). They're disconnecting the flat the following Thursday (the 7th) and installing in the new house the day after. 

So I'll be working my way through the unwatched DVDs and playing offline computer games, then.

On t'other hand, I don't actually have to move on Friday. Lease on the flat doesn't expire until Friday after. Could just stick around an extra few days. Or just leave my cable box, PS3 and telly in an otherwise empty flat for a week... sitting on the floor, like.

This is more of a Just Stuff thing really. Not actually that pissed off come to think of it.

Oh, I've already had root canals in the past (say hallo to my leetle friend Mr Vicodin)... just not two back to back. They already told me the first one will cost $2700. Fun.

I once had two root canals within three days.  On the day of the second one, I was still hurting from the first one so by the time the second one was done, I was miserable.  I went out to my Jeep and sat in the driver's seat for a few minutes and realized I was hurting way too much to drive.  So I went back inside and asked the receptionist if I could sit in the waiting room for awhile.  As I was sitting, the doctor came back out and asked me what I was doing back.  I told him and and he took me back into his room, and gave me two more shots of Novocaine to hold me over until I could get to the pharmacy and fill my prescription.  I then proceeded to come home and take two Vikes and pass out on the couch. 

I get to work a double shift on what should be my day of. I volunteered to work half a shift of OT to cover a vacation, but, then they discovered that they forgot to get coverage for another shift and, hit me up for it. I could have said no, but, the wife and I are taking the last week of August off, and want to take the kids to a waterpark, and the money from the OT alone will more than cover admission.

Okay, so Paypal took care of it within a couple of hours for me. I'm back in my happy place. :)

Okay, PayPal is back on the "FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" list. The money was taken from my bank account July 24, and instead of refunding it directly to my bank account the same day, they held onto my fucking money for 8 days, and then decided to refund it back to my PayPal account, and not the bank account like they were supposed to. Now they are saying the money won't make it back to my bank account until August 11. 18 days to refund my fucking money? As soon as that money gets refunded, my PayPal account is toast. Fuck fuck fuck fuck them.

So 4 months after my dad underwent a stem cell transplant and the doctor told him he would "Never get cancer again"... the cancer is back. And more aggressive. It's in his spine, knees and feet. The doctor he's seeing now is not optimistic about the chances of beating it. I'd like to find that first doctor and cave his fucking face in.

So a little update on this. 

They've decided to run a few chemo sessions on my dad to try and kill off as much of the cancer as they can. If it goes well enough, they will set him up for an Allo transplant, a different procedure than the last one he had. The last one they basically gave him a shit ton of chemo, harvested his stem cells when the cancer was not present and then re-injected them into him. An allo transplant uses cells from another donor (ideally a sibling, if not then they go with a random donor). It's got a higher success rate, but the recovery time is a lot longer. If he gets it, he will have to live in special housing in Seattle for anywhere from 4-6 months at a cost of $3200 a month. He's always responded well to chemo in the past, so we're slightly hopeful but it's far from a certainty this will work.

WHAT THE FUCKIN FUCK

Wife wakes up, goes to the car to leave and there's a fucking car parked in front of our garage. Just sitting there. There's some cardboard and a jack underneath it. No, Hey sorry I'll be back in a minute note or nothing. GOD. DAMN. IT. 

Was watching Guardians of The Galaxy tonight, I am sitting in the balcony by myself. During a slow part I check my phone (my sister is pregnant and has a two year old) I get a text from this girl I really care about. It says something incredibly fucked up (which I can't repeat here), I leave the theater mid movie. Manage to get her on the phone very briefly which only makes things worse. 

I'm a wreck and do not know what to do. I really love her, but I can't keep living like this. 

Was watching Guardians of The Galaxy tonight, I am sitting in the balcony by myself. During a slow part I check my phone (my sister is pregnant and has a two year old) I get a text from this girl I really care about. It says something incredibly fucked up (which I can't repeat here), I leave the theater mid movie. Manage to get her on the phone very briefly which only makes things worse. 

I'm a wreck and do not know what to do. I really love her, but I can't keep living like this. 

Then dont. She's aware of her power over you and is trying to exploit it to make herself feel better.

You gave up your time to tend to her needs, which ended up exacerbating the issue.

Take the advice given by the previous three. Run.

• Like 1

Fuck opthalmologists. Fucking money-grubbing whores of the medical profession. Fuck them and their bullshit. Instead of telling patients their surgical waitlist is a long time, and referring them to someone else who can use the laser machine to fix their eyes, they send them letters to call the government to complain about long wait lists for cataract surgery, and refuse to implement a centralized cataract surgery waitlist, because it means they won't make as much money, even though patients would benefit from quicker surgeries. FUCK THEM IN THE ASS WITH A FLAMING BRANDING IRON.

Guess who is grouchy on his first day back at work after 10 days off today? :)

You're all right. I put myself in a terrible situation and every attempt to fix it has made it worse. 

I guess I keep hoping if I keep sacrificing, eventually something good will happen. Anyway I'm going back to making a concerted effort to stay away. 

Hope is the worst thing in a situation like this. People don't change, especially women and how they act towards men. Pay attention to actions rather than words.

I say this because i went through a similar experience recently and got screwed over so bad, that it shook me to my core and months later, I'm still trying to recover from it. I wish I would have heeded my own advice.

Be the one that ends things first...you'll eventually feel better about yourself and she will have more respect for you.

• Like 1

Having dated many of them myself, I can tell you that there is absolutely no reason to put up with some high maintenance headcase who likes to play games. There's lots of great cool girls out there you just need to be A) patient enough to wait until one comes along and B ) brave enough to make your move when one does come along. 

I say this from personal experience. My girlfriend now is one of the most easygoing people I know and I can honestly say my time with her has been the happiest period of my life. You can have it to, just need to be willing to wait for it.

• Like 2

Bringing back an F-U (or whatever) from 2 years ago, another F-U toward my insurance company.  You'll recall during my wife's chemo that they repeatedly denied legitimate insurance claims, making me fight for every bleeping thing, constantly claiming that my wife's oncologist was out-of-network and so on.  Every 2 weeks they would "fix" the issue and then the doctor would suddenly be out-of-network again.  Anyway, while looking into a claim for something else, I see half a dozen claims that went unpaid.  Digging a little bit, I see they are all marked as the provider being out-of-network.  Freaking out, I call my wife and tell her to call the doctor immediately and verify they are, in fact, in-network.  She calls, tells them who she is and they immediately, without prompting, ask "This is about your insurance not paying your claim, right?"  Seems the doctor's office is already battling with the insurance company.  I then looked up the provider myself and verified she is in-network.  So we're back to the insurance company doing the "let's just blanket deny something and see if he fights it" thing again.  For roughly the 7372nd time in the last 2 years.  I swear to god I should sue them for all the time I've lose dealing with this nonsense.

Having dated many of them myself, I can tell you that there is absolutely no reason to put up with some high maintenance headcase who likes to play games. There's lots of great cool girls out there you just need to be A) patient enough to wait until one comes along and B ) brave enough to make your move when one does come along. 

I say this from personal experience. My girlfriend now is one of the most easygoing people I know and I can honestly say my time with her has been the happiest period of my life. You can have it to, just need to be willing to wait for it.

I had ended things a month or so back. I had reached my fill of being embarrassed and hurt (which is pretty impressive). 

So I cut her out of my life completely. Recently she got in some serious trouble and her family reached out to me about helping her. 

I did what I could because I do care about her and want her to do better. We talk a little bit and it just reverts back to the same pattern that made me cut her out of my life before. 

Sunday was just a new low. I can't really believe I wrote about it here, but I was a wreck and was reaching out to anyone.

I had ended things a month or so back. I had reached my fill of being embarrassed and hurt (which is pretty impressive). 

So I cut her out of my life completely. Recently she got in some pretty serious trouble and her family reached out to me about helping her. 

I did what I could because I do care about her and want her to do better. We talk a little bit and it just reverts back to the same pattern that made me cut her out of my life before. 

Sunday was just a new low. I can't really believe I wrote about it here, but I was a wreck and was reaching out to anyone.

Shit happens, man. . .better to say something here than to not say anything at all. That's what it's for.

If she wants to do better, she'll do better. If she doesn't, she won't. No point in allowing yourself to get dragged down with it.

• Like 1