DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Roman and Just Drew, sooooo sorry to hear of your losses. I know how I feel about my dogs and I KNOW I've set myself up for heartbreak with both of them.

Fuck you Ryan Block and your hipster douche-ness for posting audio of you arguing with a Comcast rep on the internet. It's like listening to two hipsters argue about their microbrews in front of a Goodwill while the Arcade Fire is blasting from their tape deck. Yes, oh my God, you had to endure crap-tastic customer service, but be glad you don't have to sit in the guy's chair and take those fuckin' calls.

Oh and fuck Comcast for their pay structure be close to a modern form of slavery for the reps having to take calls and prevent people from leaving their shitty service.

The two worst emotional pains I have ever felt in my life were when I was going through my divorce and when I had to put my yellow labrador Lacey to sleep.

I can think/talk about the divorce now and it doesn't bother me one tiny bit. Totally 100% over it.

I still get choked up thinking about Lacey, and I have a new dog now (another labrador who I love dearly, they're awesome dogs)

It's all good. We dug him a good spot near where he used to like barking at deer in my parents' backyard. It's quiet and he's next to Savannah, the dog he took over for all those years ago. We placed big bricks over the dirt so he's safe. It may seem ridiculous to some, but he was a big stinky part of our family, and I don't remember ever seeing my dad cry before friday. He doesn't hurt anymore, and somewhere he's smiling while looking down on us. There are people out there dealing with bigger problems than this. Thanks for your sympathies, though...

• Like 1

Finished being a jury member on a three day trial. The person suing was sad, completely beaten up by life and had to retreat to living with her kid in another state after she lost her house. Recently filed for bankruptcy and wore the same clothes three days in a row.

Had to folllow the evidence and not the people involved and added a $22,000 bill to her problems. Feel absolutely gutted about it but the law doesn't take anything into account besides what is right and what is wrong. The real sad part about it is she was the one doing the suing for malicious prosecution and this was a counter claim filed against her after she tried to sue the person who had her stuff stolen.

I think the part that is making it hard is the woman kind of reminded me of my mom. Couldn't keep a job, made a bunch of mistakes and nothing was ever her fault.

Without getting too into the politics, I find what's going on in Gaza, and the US (and international) media's complicitness in it, one of the most terrifying things ever. I mean, Christ, if it wasn't for social media, would anyone have a clue about all this?

I've heard people throw around the phrase "Orwellian" in relation to modern society, but this past week and a half is the first time I've actually got it. 

Thanks for the words, guys.

I'm a huge, huge, huge dog lover and seeing one even limp just a little in a movie upsets me. Let alone if something like this happens. I received a postcard from the vet today with a beautiful picture and some words of consolation. That was a lovely of them. I still have two dogs and they seem to know very well what has happened, although that could be my imagination; they just seem to be as listless and down as I am. We'll get another dog in the near future. Just not so quickly. I don't want it to be a 'replacement'. First work through this, and then we'll see. Stella had a happy last four years of her, well, otherwise miserable and fucked-up life, and I think of that. I was able to give her that. In a little while I want to do that for another unfortunate dog too.

• Like 2

It's been nearly 2 years since Sully went to sleep, we've gotten two dogs since then and it is JUST starting to feel better.

A gigantic fuck you to people on twitter (and where I work) for cracking jokes about the Malaysian plane crash yesterday AS IT WAS HAPPENING. 

• Like 1

Fuck.  More than a hundred of the passengers on MH17 were AIDS researchers on the way to a conference. 

A lot of the top names in the field are now gone, literally wiped out in a flash. God motherfucking damn it.

We just moved everything went relatively well until last night.

I got home a little late and went upstairs to see my wife. I kept the hall light off because I'm still not sure where these buttons are. And... I walked right into the steel frame of a bed I haven't put together yet that's in the middle of the hallway. And, naturally, I didn't have my shoes on.

Bottom line: I think I broke one of my toes. I can walk just fine, since the toe feels oddly elevated off the ground a bit. But the toe definitely hurts like hell and I can't really move it.

And I did this one day before vacation.

That's why I rarely tell my friends any of my big plans.

I'm sorry. Situation sounds horrible. Were you working at that place for long? That kind of accusation seems ripe for a lawsuit to me.

• Like 4

Just lost my job because a couple former co-workers, who I thought were friends, decided to tell my workplace that I was planning to blow up the building.

WTF.  What's the rest of the story that you're not telling us?

• Like 1

I talked to them about ideas for a novel. They used what we talked about as "proof".

That's all there is to it.

What motivated them to "report" you in the first place?  Did they take your "novel idea" as some kind of legit threat?  It just sounds so out of left field, especially with you being so blase about it.