DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

I live 5 miles from Inner Harbor, yet everybody is worried I'm in danger due to the Baltimore riots.  If anything, they should be more worried about my work which is by Camden Yards.  Went in today and it was a ghost town.  On top of that, had to leave early and went down Pratt St.  The Harbor is full of the National Guard.  This is crazy, crazy times.

Just be careful. I know Baltimore can always be dicey (I have family in the DC/Baltimore area), but right now is obviously more so.

I live 5 miles from Inner Harbor, yet everybody is worried I'm in danger due to the Baltimore riots.  If anything, they should be more worried about my work which is by Camden Yards.  Went in today and it was a ghost town.  On top of that, had to leave early and went down Pratt St.  The Harbor is full of the National Guard.  This is crazy, crazy times.

...And it's only going to get worse. Today, Baltimore. Tomorrow, who knows.  One thing we can count on, Washington will do nothing to improve things.

I live 5 miles from Inner Harbor, yet everybody is worried I'm in danger due to the Baltimore riots. If anything, they should be more worried about my work which is by Camden Yards. Went in today and it was a ghost town. On top of that, had to leave early and went down Pratt St. The Harbor is full of the National Guard. This is crazy, crazy times.

How's the Block?
  • Like 1

I'm shocked this hasn't happened in Philly yet.

The Philly I live in has a ton of gastropubs with $11 burgers and aioli options and Pavement albums on the jukebox. But that Philly doesn't exist for a gigantic part of the population, and it sucks. Or, more accurately, it exists in that they can see it and know about it but aren't welcome to be a part of it. That sucks.

My idea: I'm trying to go volunteer with a job outreach thing. A lot of kids don't have anything in the way of opportunities. I've had an insane amount of opportunities. It would be nice to try and help at least one person get a little bit of a shot at living a better life. It might just be something like helping someone write a resume, figure out how to use e-mail, what to expect in a job interview, etc.

• Like 2

Really, the only thing that's been a slight hassle is the curfew.  Weekend plans have to be altered to ensure we're in, or I'll just stay elsewhere if I want to be out longer.  That's a very minor inconvenience compared to the worst affected areas.  But yet, it's definitely getting better especially after today's news.

I was putting on my hairnet that I'm required to wear at work today, dropped it, tried to catch it in midair, and hit myself in the nuts.

Please tell me there's surveillance footage.
  • Like 2

I was putting on my hairnet that I'm required to wear at work today, dropped it, tried to catch it in midair, and hit myself in the nuts.

Sadly no.

Will George C. Scott be playing you in the film version?

• Like 4

So I run an adoption center for homeless dogs and one dog that we've had at the center for over a year is going to get put down for aggression tomorrow and the whole staff is having a emotional breakdown.  We just don't have the resources to care for this girl and we can't in good conscious put her in a home and sleep at night.

I was replacing the CPU cooler in my case when the CPU bracket spontaneously popped open.  Out popped the CPU, gouging the pins on the socket on the way down.  Goodbye, motherboard, I'll miss you.

On top of that, half the keys on my MacBook Air also decided to stop working a couple of hours later.  I went from two working machines to none in the span of three hours.

Thankfully, I was about to upgrade the MBA to a new model anyway, and I found a replacement board on eBay that I'll have in a week, but still, fuuuuuuuuuuu.

Sadly no.

Will George C. Scott be playing you in the film version?

I'm in a shittier than normal mood and that broke me up.

So I recently found out a cousin of mine is a huge piece of trash. I haven't seen her in close to ten years. In fact, I didnt even know she was back in the state. Turns out she had been for a while. She had been prostituting her 14 and 17 year old cousins to several older men throughout the state,,,a lot of them in my hometown.

She was arrested and charged with human trafficking. I hope she rots, tbh.

So I figured out the cause of my digestive issues.

In January my GI doc said I should get an upper endoscopy to check for stomach ulcers; it found nothing.

In February he suggested I go in for a CAT scan of my digestive system to get an idea of what's going on; the only thing it found was believed to be a lipoma, or a benign fatty tumor, on my small intestine.  This is going to be important later on, so remember it.

In March, he suggested I get a colonoscopy.  Nothing.

Meanwhile, I'm having bouts of abdominal pain, one of which put me in the hospital.

This past month he set me up to take a capsule endoscopy, in which I swallow a capsule with a camera to take pictures alongside my small intestine, the places neither of the upper or lower -scopies can reach.

They found an ulcer in my small intestine... right where the lipoma was found.  So now the question is, is it just a benign tumor that ulcerated, or something more serious?  The CT scan showed no signs of cancer spreading, and my GI assured me that on the off-chance that it is cancer, it's a rare, slow-growing one that should be taken care of with one surgery.

Doesn't mean I'm not scared shitless, though.

In January my GI doc said I should get an upper endoscopy to check for stomach ulcers; it found nothing.

In February he suggested I go in for a CAT scan of my digestive system to get an idea of what's going on; the only thing it found was believed to be a lipoma, or a benign fatty tumor, on my small intestine.  This is going to be important later on, so remember it.

Meanwhile, I'm having bouts of abdominal pain, one of which put me in the hospital.

This past month he set me up to take a capsule endoscopy, in which I swallow a capsule with a camera to take pictures alongside my small intestine, the places neither of the upper or lower -scopies can reach.

They found an ulcer in my small intestine... right where the lipoma was found.  So now the question is, is it just a benign tumor that ulcerated, or something more serious?  The CT scan showed no signs of cancer spreading, and my GI assured me that on the off-chance that it is cancer, it's a rare, slow-growing one that should be taken care of with one surgery.

Did they check you for Celiac?

Did they check you for Celiac?

No, is that something that can be tested through endoscopies?

Trying to buy a new house and dealing with delusional seller's agents who overestimate the value of their property.  Sure, your 2003 house's price per square foot is almost $20 over the median of the area and is tied with that of brand new homes but I'm sure it's worth it.  Fuuuuuuuuck.

What on earth did she do to her knee?

My own son of a ... is this. I had some fainting spells at work (five times between 2011 and 2013), so last June they put a heart monitor in my chest. Anyway, last week I fainted on a bus ride home from work, so they checked out the heart monitor, and my heart stopped beating for 11 seconds. So guess who got scheduled for emergency pacemaker surgery last week. I can't shake the feeling that 36 is way too young to have one of these.

And eight weeks of not being able to play sports sure does suck.