DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-30-14 - Return of McMahonDow!

MGFanJay

Then you cut in with another awesome Ambrose promo, and Rollins "slightly scared but doesn't wanna show it" trash talking and I'm thinking WWE has real money feud on their hands if they play it right. This is an angle everyone can get excited for.

This is a good spin to put on his character.  Rollins knows how twisted Ambrose is.  He was barely able to control it when he was "running" The Shield, and at times just barely able to keep it from turning on him.  There must have been times, even when they were together, that he was scared of Ambrose.  Scared he would fly off the handle and attack him or Reigns, or someone else at the wrong time.

He must have weighed that when he made his turn.  Maybe it was even a little bit of a relief not to have to be elephant trainer to a madman.  And he must have thought that HHH would provide him the protection he needed.  And whatever doubts he had about HHH's ability...the fact that he had just himself participated in outgunning and outmaneuvering him consistently...he buried those and tried to put it out of his mind so he could make his move.

But now he's realizing just how little protection being on HHH's crew affords you.  He's realizing that Helmsley is only interested in putting himself out there for you as much as he feels like it.  And at some point a little voice in his head asks the question "Without me around, who is keeping Dean on his meds?" 

And he knows the answer...and he's just starting to panic.

• Like 9

Dean's legitimately one catch phrase/T-Shirt combination from being the next big thing.

Aw, damn it...you stole my line before I thought of it and had hoped no one else had already said...

Dean really scares me right now because I think he's on the cusp.  And if WWE lets him, he gets there.  And if not...

But man, I really hope they know what they've got.  Shit, if they go full force on Dean and Reigns then turns heel out of jealousy for WM, this could be the best early booking since Hogan-Savage.

Why is HHH giving Roman Reigns a title shot? Last I checked, he didn't like him, right? So why include him in the Fatal 4-Way where he's got a shot to win the title, instead of just making it a Triple Threat with just his guys against Cena?

Cause Trips figures Cena doesn't trust Reigns so it's Cena vs 3 other guys...which will likely backfire when Cena talks to Reigns about how cool it was that they were in a science lab together in highschool.

It was college, jerky...

• Like 1

Ambrose is so over it is crazy. Rollins is perfect in e role that he is. Odd how Reigns has yet to truly connect yet, hopefully the singles match with HHH will help that. Ambrose really needs a shirt we can all buy, while he gets one of them for himself and wears that same shirt from show to show.

Wonder who is getting the IC title Kiss of Death. Might work better for Sandow than anyone else. McMahonDow deserves better than Khali chopping him.

2) who the hell wants to see The Miz or Jericho in 2014? Who wants to see The Miz vs Jericho in 2014?

Who the hell wants to see John Cena in 2014? And yet here he is, your WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

As much as I dislike The Miz, I thought his "Oh, it's 2012 Chris Jericho, the one who doesn't talk for three weeks." line was pretty funny.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?WWE-News-Cesaro-suffered-an-eye-injury-37819

The beating after the match was payback for the injury and not the FLUKE win by Kingston! I thought the entrance music was bad enough but why in the world did someone let him walk out in that bathrobe? I know Heyman said on Austin's podcast that he doesn't involve himself with creative for his own piece of mind but I'm hoping he changes his mind soon and let's someone know his entrance is horrendous. At least go back to the long robe, beret and sunglasses from his FCW debut.

Ambrose really needs a shirt we can all buy, while he gets one of them for himself and wears that same shirt from show to show.

Ambrose just needs a Misfits skull t-shirt w/ the sleeves cuts off and maybe an early Metallica album cover t-shirt also with sleeves cut off, preferably Kill 'Em All or Ride the Lightning.

• Like 1

2) who the hell wants to see The Miz or Jericho in 2014? Who wants to see The Miz vs Jericho in 2014?

Who the hell wants to see John Cena in 2014? And yet here he is, your WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

A lot of people, damn it.  Not me personally, but a lot of people.

Sorry to bring this up, but Roman really needs new gear.  That generic outfit sucks.  I'd throw him in a long pants/singlet combo ala Kevin Nash.  Crazy eyes Dean Ambrose is so great.  I new he would be huge, and it really feels like he is going to break out any minute.  This was definitely the best scenario for a Shield break up.   Seth and Dean are going to be huge after the break up.  Cena looked like such an asshole with the belts around his neck.  I still need to watch a lot of the show, but so far it looked great.  

Ambrose really needs a shirt we can all buy, while he gets one of them for himself and wears that same shirt from show to show.

Ambrose just needs a Misfits skull t-shirt w/ the sleeves cuts off and maybe an early Metallica album cover t-shirt also with sleeves cut off, preferably Kill 'Em All or Ride the Lightning.

Ambrose strikes me more as a Megadeth guy. Spot on about the Misfits shirt.

That "I'd pawn the MITB" promo was pretty "I'll kill your baby and it won't matter much as long as it's dead."  It's also pretty easy to imagine him cutting a promo on how he ain't no goddamn son of a bitch.  Or how he wants your skull.  Even just calling somebody out for their FUCKIN ATTITUDE.

• Like 4

Clearly it needs to be the "Metal Up Your Ass" shirt. "That's what they wanted to name the first album, but those pussies at the record label wouldn't let them, you know?"

Then he beats the hell out of Rollins again.

Why is HHH giving Roman Reigns a title shot? Last I checked, he didn't like him, right? So why include him in the Fatal 4-Way where he's got a shot to win the title, instead of just making it a Triple Threat with just his guys against Cena?

Cause Trips figures Cena doesn't trust Reigns so it's Cena vs 3 other guys...which will likely backfire when Cena talks to Reigns about how cool it was that they were in a science lab together in highschool.

But he leaves himself open to Reigns winning.  2 weeks ago he tasked Vickie w/ keeping Reigns out of a MITB qualifying match, and here he is just throwing him in one out of the blue.

Misfits skull shirt or some weird SAMHAIM merch?

I mean, Ambrose seems like an all-in sort of dude. No doubt that dude stole the Misfits boxed set that came in the casket from some poser Hot Topic girl he was sleeping with just to steal her Misfits boxed set that came in the casket. But a real weirdo would be able to talk about Samhain deep cuts.

• Like 4

Superstar_FacePaint_DeanAmbrose.jpg

Someone at Titan Towers is staring at this right now, head askew.*

*unfortunately, that person is Vince and he's thinking about an El Hijo del Papa Shango gimmick based on all of the Godfather's misadventures. 

Ambrose strikes me more as a Megadeth guy. Spot on about the Misfits shirt.
I was also thinking a Slayer shirt complete with dried blood, some his own and somebody else's from a pit circa 1987. I've got a lot of down time at work to think about these things.

I was in the building. I don't know if it came across on TV or not but Swagger was getting massive pops. That segment with Zeb and Lana was so awesome.

I guess its nice to see AJ back but nobody knew how to react. Is Paige the heel? Is AJ face now? It was a mixed reaction for both ladies.

Summer Rae looked hot as hell in that pink number but by far my favorite was Renee Young. Her walk is something.. it melted me...

• Like 1