DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

So, the Red Sawx fans boo Braun out of the building, then give Papi a standing O. 

Ok.

But-but...PAPI IS STILL TRYING TO TRACK DOWN THE REAL REASON HE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FAILED A PED TEST!!!

Of course - Noesi was the other player the Ms got in the Pineda for Jesus swap

So again - if Pineda throws a pitch tomorrow, the Yanks win that deal (or at least don't lose)

A story for my Chi-city brothers and sisters:

So during my internet sabatical I went to a Bulls Game. We played philly, it was mostly uneventful with the exception of Benny The Bull's Birthday party celebration. All night Benny and ALL the other Chicago mascots did goofy shit. The only reason I'm telling this is because as they're introducing all the mascots they trot out new Chicago Cubs' mascot CLARK, and he gets booed so fucking hard he hung his head in shame. 

Late in the night the mascots were tied up by the Luvabulls, so the girls could perform, and during the performance all the mascots came out tied together in a circle and fell over onto each other. The rope around Clark came up under his neck and all the other mascots were pulling away while he struggled to get away, so it was choking the shit out of him, and people came up to try and help him out. I thought we were going to get a Clark decapitation, but no dice.

So yeah, Clark is a no go in Chicago. Even Sparky the Chicago Fire mascot was over and you know no one knew who the hell he was.

Of course - Noesi was the other player the Ms got in the Pineda for Jesus swap

So again - if Pineda throws a pitch tomorrow, the Yanks win that deal (or at least don't lose)

It all depends on where he throws it. ;-)

The Yankees infield right now is

Kelly Johnson - 1B

Brian Roberts - 2B

Dean Anna - SS

Yangervis Solarte - 3B

Brave New World....

(Btw - this is happening because Derek Jeter is getting the day off and Mark Teixiera left the game hurt. I know you are shocked)

So during my internet sabatical I went to a Bulls Game. We played philly, it was mostly uneventful with the exception of Benny The Bull's Birthday party celebration. All night Benny and ALL the other Chicago mascots did goofy shit. The only reason I'm telling this is because as they're introducing all the mascots they trot out new Chicago Cubs' mascot CLARK, and he gets booed so fucking hard he hung his head in shame. 

Late in the night the mascots were tied up by the Luvabulls, so the girls could perform, and during the performance all the mascots came out tied together in a circle and fell over onto each other. The rope around Clark came up under his neck and all the other mascots were pulling away while he struggled to get away, so it was choking the shit out of him, and people came up to try and help him out. I thought we were going to get a Clark decapitation, but no dice.

So yeah, Clark is a no go in Chicago. Even Sparky the Chicago Fire mascot was over and you know no one knew who the hell he was.

This is one instance where I think Chicago fans are being harsh for no reason. Clark has been a big hit with my daughter, and pretty much every other kid I know, which is kind of the point of the mascot. The adult fans who don't like him need to just take a chill pill.

Poor Clark.

At least with Crazy Crab the go-away heat was the intention...

I think they all secretly just want to do things to him.

If Clark gets us a title I'll let him do things to me. 

Who am I kidding? At this point I'd settle for a playoff berth.

The A's game tonight was canceled because they didn't put the tarp on the infield overnight and the infield became a mess.

Can we just raze the Coliseum and get it over with?

Now now, this one's on the groundskeeper.  Why after having a near-monsoon Monday and Tuesday they wouldn't just reflexively be tarping the field every night this week even when "only" minor rain is scheduled to fall is beyond me.

As the joke already making the twitter rounds goes, "LOL it's not like the Coliseum doesn't have plenty of tarp on hand"

Of course, if this incident continues to fuel another round of Bash The Coliseum/The A's Need To Move, I'm sure Lew Wolff won't mind the "failure" by the grounds crew...

But since that'll just lead to another round of Oakland giving mediocre-at-best options that Wolff doesn't want anyway, followed by Selig continuing to do absolutely nothing vis-a-vis San Jose, all that'll happen is that some fans who wanted to go to an A's game will have gotten the shaft.

i.e. par for the course.

• Like 1

For the record, THAT is going to be the picture you see roughly 10,000 times over the next year when the Redskins/Indians/Seminoles/etc. naming debate continues. 

Jesus Harold Christ.