DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

Somebody needs to tell the American Wolves how to button a fucking suit coat.

If I was Davey Richards I would be more worried that he is about an inch smaller or taller than Rockstar Spud.  Holy shit I think we can still hear Kevin Nash laughing  

The Cabinet, with your tag champs Josh and Toby. Sam would be the face man, CJ in the Diva division and Jed Bartlett playing Ric Flair to Leo's JJ Dillon.

It'd be breathtaking.

Josh and Toby fill the Arn/Tully role perfectly with Toby being the grumpiest Arn Anderson to the point he might as well be Ole Anderson!

Sam i so Sting its ridiculous.

CJ is more akin to Jim Cornette than a Diva, given al lthe great promo work she does. She could manage "Charming" Charlie Young and "Winsome" Will Bailey...The White House Express~!

James

What are the odds this Punk thing is all a work. He stays off TV for a month or so to heal up and then he gets pulled back in by something like a challenge for a match at 'Mania by someone like the Undertaker. We don't know who Taker will face if he comes back. Lesnar's a possibility but I'd rather see Brock/Batista/Orton for the belt, Orton is boring on his own and Batista doesn't look like he can go very long. Have Lesnar could help the match. Orton could keep the match together for most of the stretch, giving Dave and Brock time to rest and pace themselves (and not kill fans with thrown chairs) until Lesnar and batista kill him and then those two can have a 5 minute sprint for the end.

Can we call CM Punk the "Barry Sanders of professional wrestling" and get some mileage out of people going nuts with football analogies for other wrestlers?

So Blitzkrieg is the Bo Jackson of Wrestling?

Magnum T.A.

Magnum seems more like a Sterling Sharpe, or maybe Gale Sayers

----------

if that's the case, he could wait past WM and then challenge Daniel Bryan

What are the odds this Punk thing is all a work. He stays off TV for a month or so to heal up and then he gets pulled back in by something like a challenge for a match at 'Mania by someone like the Undertaker. 

Can we call CM Punk the "Barry Sanders of professional wrestling" and get some mileage out of people going nuts with football analogies for other wrestlers?

Fuck off. Punk was never great.

I was trawling for a "fuck off" from some PTSD-ridden Detroit fans like Brian Fowler.

Somebody needs to tell the American Wolves how to button a fucking suit coat.

If I was Davey Richards I would be more worried that he is about an inch smaller or taller than Rockstar Spud.  Holy shit I think we can still hear Kevin Nash laughing

So, we missed out on an awesome feud between Davey Richards and El Torito?

I was trawling for a "fuck off" from some PTSD-ridden Detroit fans like Brian Fowler.

It is all about wasting Calvin Johnson now. If you want to induce nausea in Detroit fans, you've got to sell us on that.

Doubt this is a work. Punk hasn't looked interested since maybe the post SummerSlam Raw.

Fowler has been so thoroughly fucked that he thinks Punk is good at pro wres.

Just saw Steve Austin on Arsenio, and I swear to God in the middle of the interview Arsenio asked "So what's the deal with CM Punk?  Is it a work?"  And they had a five minute conversation about it.  And while clearly nobody in the audience knew what the fuck they were talking about, I'll give Arsenio credit for talking about whatever he felt like, and he wanted to talk wrestling.  I know Arsenio's not a late night player, but it was still kinda cool to see him be a smart mark and not give a shit.

• Like 1

If Arsenio is actually a WWE fan, it's kind of a wonder that they didn't randomly bring him in for any of those 18 years where Arsenio couldn't find consistent TV work. Like having Arsenio as a guest GM would have been the most obscure guy they brought in for that spot. Plus they could have had tons of in-jokes to the 90s-era Arsenio show that nobody in the audience would get.

Or maybe Arsenio's writers are WWE fans.

Fantasy booking 1997 has Arsenio heading up the Nation of Domination due to that one Arsenio episode where he spent an hour with Farrakhan in 1994.

Arsenio has to be a fan.  Back on his original show, he had a TON of wrestlers on.  Hogan, Warrior, Rude and Heenan, Bad News Brown, Savage, etc.

I SWEAR I remember there being a match on the show once.  A ring set up on the stage.....and I want to say it was The Nasty Boys vs The Legion of Doom.  I'm almost positive it happened, although a quick Google search (meaning I typed it in, glanced at the first page, then gave up) didn't turn up anything.

Arsenio has to be a fan. Back on his original show, he had a TON of wrestlers on. Hogan, Warrior, Rude and Heenan, Bad News Brown, Savage, etc.

I SWEAR I remember there being a match on the show once. A ring set up on the stage.....and I want to say it was The Nasty Boys vs The Legion of Doom. I'm almost positive it happened, although a quick Google search (meaning I typed it in, glanced at the first page, then gave up) didn't turn up anything.

Aw, man, was it Bossman that he asked, "What was it like when Hulk Hogan was whipping your ass?" then ran off like a Kenyan sprinter, laughing his ass off while Bossman stood there spinning the nightstick and calling him "boy?" Because that was awesome.

• Like 1