DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

I don't know, I think it's worth taking the risk on, but I think the PPV should be available to purchase normally too. From my understanding, it's not. If that's wrong & I'm incorrect, I'm sorry.

They can't stop you from paying for both the WWE Network, which is an On Demand Jukebox system run by them, and PPVs through a seperate Cable/Dish provider. Vince would probably fly to your house and kiss on the lips with tongue if you did. 

You can watch the PPVs live through the Network if you want. You can watch RAW/SD/Main Event on TV as it airs OR you can watch it later at your convenience through the Network. Nothing really changes other than you pay for more ways to watch their programming in full.

sent in to GERWECK.NET:

Jesse Sorensen did a revealing with Danny Cage’s Monster Factory here

Jesse tells a story about a debter calling him for one payment of $50, 000. He told the lady on the phone he thought the company was paying for it and she had no idea what he was talking about.

Dixie Carter and Bruce Prichard told him to send the bills to the office, which he did. But they kept getting sent back to him and his mom. His mom ended up losing her restaurant in the bankruptcy when all was said and done.

Says he was paid decently—around $30,000 a year. But it didn’t come close to covering the medical bills. He says his checks were always late too. He also notes he had two other jobs during this time—waiting tables and managing a gym.

Mentions the restaurant he worked at was right next to Hogan’s beach shop and it was embarrassing because wrestling fans would be there and notice him there and ask why he was waiting tables.

Notes that most people in TNA had second jobs and most found their “shoot” jobs paid better. Jesse says Dixie’s excuse for the terrible pay is that people are “starting out” but Jesse doesn’t feel people working for the No. 2 company in the world should have to work two or three jobs to get by. Jesse says he makes more than double in his regular job than he ever did for TNA.

Gets annoyed when people assume he was making a fortune with TNA because he wasn’t and needed three jobs to get by, deal with his medical bills, etc.

When the firings started happening, Jesse recalls sitting in catering with the Hebners, and saying he was worried he’d get fired. They assured him TNA would never fire him due to all the bad press they’d get.

Mentioned when Kurt Angle came to see him in the hospital he told he’d back in the ring in 4 months. Jesse pointed out that was unrealistic since he could barely move and wasn’t even sure he’d be able to have a normal life again, let alone wrestle. Kurt told him to stop feeling sorry for himself and get his ass up. Jesse was able to walk again for the first time later than afternoon.

Says him and Zema Ion and him don’t talk anymore, but there’s no animosity there. Says he’d be open to a rematch on the indie scene, but TNA would have to be willing to let Ion work an ippv. Does seem annoyed that Ion didn’t call him for months and months after the injury, but thinks it was probably down to guilt.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monsterfactoryradio/2014/01/29/monster-factory-radio–episode-6-part-1-jessy-sorensen-qt-marshall

Things we have learned:

- A Kurt Angle motivational speech has Lourdes-like healing ability.

-There are still people that trust Earl Hebner

-Dixie is basically the woman who tells her friends she'll pick up the resteraunt tab no problem, takes one look at the bill, then puts it back down on the table and walks out.

"working for the No. 2 company in the world"

One more thing we learned:

Jesse Sorenson does not know about Japan and Mexico.

Quick question for DVDVR Universe - Do any of you know much about a canceled Marvel vs WCW comic? Got a guy that sent in a photo of a page he got in an auction, no real details about the project.

The page has Bret Hart locking Captain America into a Sharpshooter and is the shit. Hart looks to dressed in his Slam Force gear, a WCW hero toyline.

Quick question for DVDVR Universe - Do any of you know much about a canceled Marvel vs WCW comic? Got a guy that sent in a photo of a page he got in an auction, no real details about the project.

The page has Bret Hart locking Captain America into a Sharpshooter and is the shit. Hart looks to dressed in his Slam Force gear, a WCW hero toyline.

Can you post the pic?

Just ordered my DDP yoga kit, you get a decent deal with the current sale and the SCSA promo. As evidenced by the photo thread I am not a great big fat person but I want to work on my flexibility, posture, and overall fitness. My flexibility has always sucked, even when I did BJJ and Muay Thai. I hope the "below the belt" workout teaches me how to do that shit I just saw on An Idiot Abroad's India episode.

sent in to GERWECK.NET:

Jesse Sorensen did a revealing with Danny Cage’s Monster Factory here

Jesse tells a story about a debter calling him for one payment of $50, 000. He told the lady on the phone he thought the company was paying for it and she had no idea what he was talking about.

Dixie Carter and Bruce Prichard told him to send the bills to the office, which he did. But they kept getting sent back to him and his mom. His mom ended up losing her restaurant in the bankruptcy when all was said and done.

Says he was paid decently—around $30,000 a year. But it didn’t come close to covering the medical bills. He says his checks were always late too. He also notes he had two other jobs during this time—waiting tables and managing a gym.

Mentions the restaurant he worked at was right next to Hogan’s beach shop and it was embarrassing because wrestling fans would be there and notice him there and ask why he was waiting tables.

Notes that most people in TNA had second jobs and most found their “shoot” jobs paid better. Jesse says Dixie’s excuse for the terrible pay is that people are “starting out” but Jesse doesn’t feel people working for the No. 2 company in the world should have to work two or three jobs to get by. Jesse says he makes more than double in his regular job than he ever did for TNA.

Gets annoyed when people assume he was making a fortune with TNA because he wasn’t and needed three jobs to get by, deal with his medical bills, etc.

When the firings started happening, Jesse recalls sitting in catering with the Hebners, and saying he was worried he’d get fired. They assured him TNA would never fire him due to all the bad press they’d get.

Mentioned when Kurt Angle came to see him in the hospital he told he’d back in the ring in 4 months. Jesse pointed out that was unrealistic since he could barely move and wasn’t even sure he’d be able to have a normal life again, let alone wrestle. Kurt told him to stop feeling sorry for himself and get his ass up. Jesse was able to walk again for the first time later than afternoon.

Says him and Zema Ion and him don’t talk anymore, but there’s no animosity there. Says he’d be open to a rematch on the indie scene, but TNA would have to be willing to let Ion work an ippv. Does seem annoyed that Ion didn’t call him for months and months after the injury, but thinks it was probably down to guilt.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/monsterfactoryradio/2014/01/29/monster-factory-radio–episode-6-part-1-jessy-sorensen-qt-marshall

Things we have learned:

- A Kurt Angle motivational speech has Lourdes-like healing ability.

-There are still people that trust Earl Hebner

-Dixie is basically the woman who tells her friends she'll pick up the resteraunt tab no problem, takes one look at the bill, then puts it back down on the table and walks out.

"working for the No. 2 company in the world"

One more thing we learned:

Jesse Sorenson does not know about Japan and Mexico.

True, but his point that a national promotion with a decent-paying TV deal and numerous overseas deals shouldn't have most of the people working there on food stamps is perfectly valid.

My favorite thing about IRS was that he was around when the WWE was very much geared towards kids and teenagers... none of whom pay taxes!

Well, Vince has always prided himself on being in touch with his audience.

• Like 1

WCW Slam Force was gonna be a WCW comic by Marvel but it never happened. The only thing we got was a mini comic packaged inside of WCW Slam Force figures. I've never heard of a WCW vs Marvel comic until today.

The picture will go up Monday on the site and the photo thread here. I've got a line from an artist that worked on it who has additional pages for sale... Gonna see what I can get.

Captain Mike was where it was at gimmick-wise.

The best part is that Rotunda apparently did it because he got a new boat in a sponsorship deal from a St. Petersburg lot from it.  

Boats don't pay for themselves, ya'll.

Definitely guessing Nash/Goldberg will be on there.

Christ. I finally got around to watching the Goldberg blu ray and I was dreading that match the entire time. I can't believe they included that garbage.

I remember blown wrestling angles with the same amount of disgust as I have for tough playoff loses by my favorite teams.

The Invasion angle is the 2004 ALCS to me*

*had to open an Incognito window on Chrome to confirm if that was the ALDS or ALCS - I wiped that from my memory and want no record of it on my computer.

• Like 1

BTW - the Daniel Bryan petition was pulled because it "violated terms and services" apparently

You agree to only create petitions consistent with the limited purpose of the We the People platform, which is to allow individuals to petition the Administration to take action on a range of issues — to address a problem, support or oppose a proposal, or otherwise change or continue federal government policy or actions. To focus discussion, the platform is limited to a discrete set of topics, which may be adjusted over time.

You agree not to create petitions that fall outside this limited purpose—for example, petitions that advertise or call for the endorsement or purchase of commercial goods or services, petitions that expressly urge the support or opposition of candidates for elected office, petitions that do not address the current or potential actions or policies of the federal government, or petitions that address a topic not included in We the People at the time the petition was created.

Seems like a pretty obvious case to me.

Which would be all fine and dandy if they hadn't famously responded to one about building a Death Star.

We got 10 hours of this thread left, let's fight about this vigorously!!!

Wouldn't building a Death Star fall under federal policy dealing with National Defenses?