DVDVR Message Board

JAN 2014 WRESTLING DISCUSSION REBOOT THREAD

RIPPA

BTW - the Daniel Bryan petition was pulled because it "violated terms and services" apparently

You agree to only create petitions consistent with the limited purpose of the We the People platform, which is to allow individuals to petition the Administration to take action on a range of issues — to address a problem, support or oppose a proposal, or otherwise change or continue federal government policy or actions. To focus discussion, the platform is limited to a discrete set of topics, which may be adjusted over time.

You agree not to create petitions that fall outside this limited purpose—for example, petitions that advertise or call for the endorsement or purchase of commercial goods or services, petitions that expressly urge the support or opposition of candidates for elected office, petitions that do not address the current or potential actions or policies of the federal government, or petitions that address a topic not included in We the People at the time the petition was created.

Seems like a pretty obvious case to me.

It sounds like we want Funk

Terry doesn't need your pity

You know what else he don't need?  He ain't need no gottamn moufpiece!  Sheeit!

/briscoe

Edited to add "Sheeit!"

Edited by nate

I don't recall if it was here or somewhere else, but someone pointed to Punk leaving as a symptom of a larger burnout syndrome that people have been suffering since 2005 or whatever, and wondered why older stars didn't burn out like the new group was.

Except, they did, they just jumped to WCW when they got burned out, took a breather, and came back to WWF a couple years later to bigger acclaim.

Or they did loads and loads of cocaine to keep going and died when they reached middle age.

• Like 2

BTW - the Daniel Bryan petition was pulled because it "violated terms and services" apparently

You agree to only create petitions consistent with the limited purpose of the We the People platform, which is to allow individuals to petition the Administration to take action on a range of issues — to address a problem, support or oppose a proposal, or otherwise change or continue federal government policy or actions. To focus discussion, the platform is limited to a discrete set of topics, which may be adjusted over time.

You agree not to create petitions that fall outside this limited purpose—for example, petitions that advertise or call for the endorsement or purchase of commercial goods or services, petitions that expressly urge the support or opposition of candidates for elected office, petitions that do not address the current or potential actions or policies of the federal government, or petitions that address a topic not included in We the People at the time the petition was created.

Which would be all fine and dandy if they hadn't famously responded to one about building a Death Star.

We got 10 hours of this thread left, let's fight about this vigorously!!!

Which would be all fine and dandy if they hadn't famously responded to one about building a Death Star.

Ewoks > Daniel Bryan

Ewoks > Daniel Bryan
http://youtu.be/9gSQg1i_q2g

Your Mom > Ewoks

I don't recall if it was here or somewhere else, but someone pointed to Punk leaving as a symptom of a larger burnout syndrome that people have been suffering since 2005 or whatever, and wondered why older stars didn't burn out like the new group was.

Except, they did, they just jumped to WCW when they got burned out, took a breather, and came back to WWF a couple years later to bigger acclaim.

1985 maybe.

03.jpg

Is the U.S. Express the peak of Mike Rotunda's in-ring work? It seems like it probably might be, now that I'm thinking about it. Man, he peaked early. 

Regarding Austin talking about Punk, if anyone listen's to Austin's podcast, it should be plainly clear one of his biggest regrets is walking out when asked to lay down for Brock. So I'm sure this situation with Punk feels a little familiar to Austin, and Punk being one of Austin's friends, probably makes Austin want Punk to not make the same mistake.

I think what I'm trying to say is I want a recreation of Austin in the bar, being talked into helping out the WWE, except this time Punk is hanging out in a comic book shop, and it takes Austin convincing Punk to come back.

• Like 1