DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I prefer whichever L&O it was with David Cross with the fake Anna Nicole Smith. It was so damn bad.

I actually just watched this one on Netflix a couple days ago. It was a Criminal Intent with Chris Noth.

Fantasy  Booking Deadwood:  I just had a "waking up premonition" that one of the creepers who was "in love" with Veronica Mars is going to kill Cy Tolliver leaving Joanie to run the Bella Union and become a conflicted protagonist and possible alternate love interest for Bullock.

If it doesn't happen I'm going to go on twitter and complain about how they WON'T GIVE THE FANS WHAT WE WANT!!!!!

Under The Dome becomes infuriating. I'm still watching though so who knows...

The acting of the teenagers is sooooooo bad, especially Junior. I am still watching though even though I am not exactly sure why. I guess lack of shows in the summer.

Seriously, Larry Storch thinks Junior's delivery is too stiff and wooden.

My wife and I are on to Season 2, though. . .it just keeps getting weirder, but I guess that's the appeal. I'll keep watching.

It hurts bad.  But thankfully DEADWOOD is kind of humbling in how great it is.

Shit yes. 

Wait until a Leviathan arrives in town and fuckin' smiles and has a conversation that we cannot hear and oozes GRUESOME GOO and...I'll not say anything else. 

Point is, I'm a little envious that you're getting to watch this for the first time.

Also, the world demands a special Deadwood Cunt Watch.

• Like 1

Also, the world demands a special Deadwood Cunt Watch.

I think perhaps an ode to the endless variations on malfunctioning penises might be better:

We had to stop last night right when Calamity Jane let lose with:

Uh, I see your left arm's still useful as an old man's dick?

Although I have to admit I marked out when Veronica Mars called that pathetic creeper following her around a geek:

You geek-looking fuck. Get away from me before I cut your fucking heart out.

But I don't know how many geek shots we'll get.

I'm on to season 2 of Deadwood and HOLY SHIT!

That fuckin throwdown between Seth and Al was godamn brutal and awesome!

Over the balcony and both cocksuckers not giving an inch?

I LOVE THIS SHOW~!

James

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver gets funnier every week.

His mockery of Anderson Cooper from last night was grand.

I didn't see the segment as a mockery of Cooper. I saw it more as a comment on the political landscape in Israel-- a band-aid is put on the situation to stop the violence and then every few years it re-arises.

It's not good. Not at all. I want to like it, so I'm sticking through it, but it really is a bad Mad Men clone. I'm hoping it turns around as there is a good show in there. But I'm not sure it gets a second season to work things out.

The opening credits are a thing of beauty. So it's got that...

I've liked Halt and Catch Fire a decent amount, but then I've also never seen Mad Men, which may be why I like Suits so much too? I think the worst stuff is when they show the main programmer guy losing it to be more like Walter White or whatever? there's an entire episode based around Adventure, so there's that. Lee Pace is Lee Pace and I'd watch just about anything with the guy in it. The most interesting characters are the secondary ones though.