DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I feel dumb for only just now realizing that Logan Paul's gear is blue, maize and black because of Wolverine. I can't even joke about putting him in with Brian Cage in a "Loser Has to Stop Wearing Those Colors" match because honestly that would probably be a fuckin' banger.

And I was like, "yeah, but why Wolverine, tho?" for a minute, before I went "Oh yeah, LOGAN Paul!" So don't worry!

Edited by Shartnado
duuh
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And they've basically forced AEW to move Double or Nothing '25 out of Vegas because that's gonna be expensive as hell to see Mania AND DoN in essentially the same month.  

Double or Nothing should be moved to Minneapolis then. AEW loves them some Chicagoland shows, they should try to build some brand loyalty in the other NFC North cities.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AxB said:

Double or Nothing should be moved to Minneapolis then. AEW loves them some Chicagoland shows, they should try to build some brand loyalty in the other NFC North cities.

would be big with certain Quakers on the board

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Big Ten footprint. Run Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, St Louis, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh & Philly regularly.

• Like 3

WrestleMania isn’t coming to Minneapolis. I won’t see Suzuki at a random Indy show. 
Only thing that can save the once quaked lake is a Timberwolves championship and Mn sports are made to let us down. 

5 hours ago, AxB said:

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

would be big with certain Quakers on the board

Posted before reading anything. Legit lost in thought with other things. But for some reason I felt SUMMONED!!!!!!

BRING ME JOY, TONY! QUAKE OR NOTHING 2024! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Wow. Drew found the one thing that will truly get him cancelled by other wrestlers: being purposefully unsafe in the ring. As if he already didn't deserve a job before, this is the nail in the coffin. 

(...watch him show up in AAA anyway)

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wow. Drew found the one thing that will truly get him cancelled by other wrestlers: being purposefully unsafe in the ring. As if he already didn't deserve a job before, this is the nail in the coffin. 

Reminds me of the POS Sexy Star injuring Rosemary with a shoot armbar in AAA, August 2017. Cody Rhodes said she'd never step foot in one of his locker rooms. Fuck Sexy Star. Fuck Drew Gulak as well.

Edited by The Natural

Posted (edited)

Yeah I completely disagree on that.  If the Rousey story didn't come out and then Gulak badly worded "apology", I am sure he would still be in the company now and pushed.  Maybe he would actually be released when his contract actually expires but with nobody noticing it

Gulag was a product of the training he actually received.  I mean we have the jokes as CZW fans of DJ Hyde training people by bumping on cinder blocks

Edited by hammerva

If one especially shitty human says another person is shitty, I'm not quick to believe shitty person no.1, but if other folks can attest to person no.2 indeed being a piece of shit, well, that's enough for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Or Japan. You can beat people to near death there and keep wrestling. You could book him and Yoshiko in an intergender "why don't you both just fuck off" match...

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is Drew not old enough to work CMLL?

39 minutes ago, Coletti said:

If one especially shitty human says another person is shitty, I'm not quick to believe shitty person no.1, but if other folks can attest to person no.2 indeed being a piece of shit, well, that's enough for me. 

When someone comes forward about a matter of sexual assault - and let's not get it twisted, what Gulak tried to do was sexual assault - I'm not especially interested in whether the victim was a good person or not. I'm more interested in making sure that the next person doesn't have it happen to them.

• Like 8

Imagine if Gulak had the balls to do that to someone that could legit snap his arm off, regardless of how big a piece of shit she is or not, what he'd try or has tried with people that don't have Ronda's skillset or training.  His now known penchant taking liberties with people he's supposed to be responsible for the the safety of makes that even worse.

• Like 1

The news about Gulak is disappointing as I thought he was one of the more underrated and under-utilized people on the roster for a long time, but fuck him. His younger brother left the business after being outed as a pedo so I wonder if the same thing happens to him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He had my match of the year with Danielson awhile back, but so what.

You know what, thinking about it, the style of that match is seen usually at least once a week in AEW now. It might not scrape a top ten these days.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Re: the WrestlePurists tweet

This seems very much like left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That or someone is embellishing a little bit since he is already on his way out.

Cause the waistband thing is already enough to get you out of the paint. The other allegations are extremely serious as well. So was he not punished each incident? He was just allowed to get back in there as if nothing happened? A reprimand is one thing. Each someone is doing it repeatedly, then there has to be a system in place. People are bringing up Sexy Star and Yoshiko, but AFAIK, those two only did it once with the latter being extremely egregious. If WWE is so on the ball and has all their ducks in a row, then why was this allowed to just happen? That is on top of the Rousey story, which is its own fireable offense. So with that in mind, how do we end up with, "well, his contract wasn't renewed." Let me get this right. A person under your employ was doing all that (allegedly), BUT you were waiting for his contract to run out? What in the entire fuck? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Re: the WrestlePurists tweet

This seems very much like left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That or someone is embellishing a little bit since he is already on his way out.

Cause the waistband thing is already enough to get you out of the paint. The other allegations are extremely serious as well. So was he not punished each incident? He was just allowed to get back in there as if nothing happened? A reprimand is one thing. Each someone is doing it repeatedly, then there has to be a system in place. People are bringing up Sexy Star and Yoshiko, but AFAIK, those two only did it once with the latter being extremely egregious. If WWE is so on the ball and has all their ducks in a row, then why was this allowed to just happen? That is on top of the Rousey story, which is its own fireable offense. So with that in mind, how do we end up with, "well, his contract wasn't renewed." Let me get this right. A person under your employ was doing all that (allegedly), BUT you were waiting for his contract to run out? What in the entire fuck? 

This goes under the assumption they were aware. Supposedly Michaels chewed him out for one incident, but the post implies most were not reported because Gulak would intimidate his victims. 

Not for nothing nor to deny seriousness of these or the allegations against Gulak, the idea of Shawn Michaels chewing someone out for not being professional tickles me greatly.

"Back in my day you didn't take advantage of your opponent in the ring, you might stomp on him and curse him out or maybe make an overt reference on live TV to them cheating on their wife, or you just showed up to work high and/or drunk..."

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

This goes under the assumption they were aware. Supposedly Michaels chewed him out for one incident, but the post implies most were not reported because Gulak would intimidate his victims. 

So wait...they weren't aware but (1) one or more people kept a running tally of his offenses and (2) they weren't paying close attention to his matches when we all know folks are in the Gorilla position attentively watching matches. Dude, Shawn Michaels is the same guy who lost his shit when guys like Vader would get too rough. But he doesn't know when someone is intentionally trying to hurt someone? ...Alright. Then talent knew but the people in charge of supervising said talent didn't. Alright then. That wasn't secretive bullying. This was supposedly happening during matches. Also, we're saying that he was "bullying" people. Did Gulak say he was out here bullying people? Or is that someone intepreting that as what he was doing? When did Drew Gulak become Rick Steiner or JBL?

42 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

People are bringing up Sexy Star and Yoshiko, but AFAIK, those two only did it once with the latter being extremely egregious.

People also forget the following things about the Yoshiko situation:
- Act Yasukawa threw shoot punches first, and there were multiple punches thrown before Yoshiko responded
- They were actually broken up before Kyohei Wada decided to let the match continue, even though Act's face was clearly busted up
- When they tried to get back to a normal match, Act again started throwing shoot punches first and Yoshiko retaliated
- Kyohei Wada continued to do nothing to stop it until Kyoko Kimura finally threw in the towel for Act, who screamed that she wanted to keep going and had to be physically dragged away from the ring

Yoshiko beating Act so severely was obviously wrong, but I don't know what Yoshiko was supposed to do there aside from take more punches to the face and not defend herself, even if those punches weren't doing a thing to her.

People also keep claiming that Act has been retired forever because of this, but Act's still wrestling today (albeit for Actwresgirlz).

Like yeah. Yoshiko should've tried to do more to control the situation. She was clearly much more skilled at throwing legitimate punches. But at the same time, there were multiple chances for others to step in and try to deescalate the situation - or also, get Act to stop trying to throw legitimate punches - and people didn't do anything.

A true "everyone sucks here" case if there ever was one.

• Like 1