DVDVR Message Board

April 2024 Wrestling Talk

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

merchandising.jpg

This was actually an ironic inside joke as the condition for Lucas giving his blessing for doing a send up of Star Wars was an agreement not to produce SpaceBalls merchandise.

• Like 3

One of the things you learn about researching territory wrestling is how flawed many title histories, due to Phantom changes or switches only done in some of the towns in a promotion. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One of the things you learn about researching territory wrestling is how flawed many title histories, due to Phantom changes or switches only done in some of the towns in a promotion. 

Like in Jackson, MS!

(I listened to the podcast 😊)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

It's almost like, when you get right down to it, it's all just bullshit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

I think some were better know than others. IIRC, the New Zealand ones were known about at the time or soon after, but the Caribbean ones not until later. I seem to recall the Apter mags discussing some of them. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tbarrie said:

It's almost like, when you get right down to it, it's all just bullshit, bro.

Edited to sound more familiar.

I'm surprised during those times when Flair was on the outs with WWE and Hunter and Shawn that he didn't just start counting those other Reigns. 16 is a good number but if I was in his shoes I'd be a big enough mark not to want any of these modern era guys close to my record if I was him.  Plus it would probably get people to recognize Harley Races phantom title changes and whom ever else as well 

• Like 1

I think Flair is using either 18 or 21 now, because really, no one fucking knows what the real number is (because most of those are with a belt currently owned by Billy Corgan and, yeah.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Caribbean change

No one knows the exact date range

Drop the strap to avoid a riot

Apter mags they don't buy it

I'm inviting you to join my wrestling-themed Def Poetry Jam circle.

If you accept, there will be two of us in the group. 

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I think some were better know than others. IIRC, the New Zealand ones were known about at the time or soon after, but the Caribbean ones not until later. I seem to recall the Apter mags discussing some of them. 

Hisa's site (don't remember if that was an angelfire or geocities site) definitely had all double-changes (including the Colon double-change) besides the Veneno one listed in the late 90ies.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

I think Flair is using either 18 or 21 now, because really, no one fucking knows what the real number is (because most of those are with a belt currently owned by Billy Corgan and, yeah.)

Ric "LOL I'll pretend you said 18 (or 21 depending on State laws)" Flair?

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

I'm inviting you to join my wrestling-themed Def Poetry Jam circle.

If you accept, there will be two of us in the group. 

I've enjoyed both the Atlantic and the Pacific, but Billy remains my favorite Ocean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Raziel said:

for what its worth Wikipedia lists 9 NWA reigns, 7 WCW WHC reigns, 2 WCW International Reigns,  and 2 WWF reigns, so that gets us to 20

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Fan cam please

GLY3Z-XWIAAqv2w?format=jpg&name=900x900

Unfortunately the match wasn't very long but it was good while it lasted.

Unfortunately I couldn't take any footage of the match because of the constant flow of people walking to their seats.

I just come back from the WWE show in Birmingham, UK.

Cody got on the mic after the main event and said he also wants Wrestlemania in the UK.

https://youtu.be/7C9kfo6madY

• Like 1

I think it'd be cool to have it in East Asia but would that ruffle too many feathers to have one in, say, Tokyo? You all know a lot more about the Japanese dynamics and stuff than me.

EDIT: Furthermore, did they announce next year's location during the show this year and I missed it? I know Minneapolis was heavily rumored but haven't seen anything since the rumor article.

Edited by Sex Machine Gun

I think they avoid running Wrestlemania outside of the NA due to logistics and time differences. They would probably test out Summerslam, Royal Rumble, or Survivor Series first before they did Wrestlemania. 

I think it was on BTS this week they were saying one reason the WWE hasn’t dome Wembley is they would prob not get a site fee from the host city as they do with Mania and some of the sold shows internationally (Perth, most recently). And with the company on a (real or perceived) hot streak, they likely aren’t going to turn down a North American city willing to pony up the dough to host Mania. 

• Like 1