DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

EDIT: it double posted. Uhhhhh. Do you prefer the ramp going to the top of the apron or a traditional ringside?

Not all the time but going to the apron always leads to some fun spots, generally I prefer no Ramp and an aisleway 

• Like 2

if Coach Tony was going to bring in a heavy on his behalf, i'd rather he pick somebody from Ring Ka King and make that a part of AEW's canon. but all of the Indian wrestlers were pretty terrible, so.... shrug.

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

EDIT: it double posted. Uhhhhh. Do you prefer the ramp going to the top of the apron or a traditional ringside?

did WWE ever do the ramp-to-apron setup? i remember the first time i saw it was on a WCW VHS tape and thought it was awesome. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, twiztor said:

if Coach Tony was going to bring in a heavy on his behalf, i'd rather he pick somebody from Ring Ka King and make that a part of AEW's canon. but all of the Indian wrestlers were pretty terrible, so.... shrug.

did WWE ever do the ramp-to-apron setup? i remember the first time i saw it was on a WCW VHS tape and thought it was awesome. 

If I'm remembering correctly, only in Toronto. Was it at the Maple Leaf Gardens?

I distincly remember seeing in on Prime Time Wrestling occasionally. In fact, I think I used a shoe box to rig up something with my old LJN ring in an attempt to mimmick it.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

So I will only attend wrestling events if they are in one particular arena, because its close to my house, parking is easy, and I don't like going into DC. Well AEW is FINALLY running it in June for Dynamite so I get to go to my first AEW show, very excited.

You piqued my interest so I checked, but I can’t find a single show in June anywhere near DC.  Little help here?

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

You piqued my interest so I checked, but I can’t find a single show in June anywhere near DC.  Little help here?

They are going to EagleBank Arena in Fairfax on 6/19, it was on the scroll during Collision. Tickets on sale Thursday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

Eric Kulas went with Mass Transit when Big Bus Man was right there

Let's all say it together: 

GODDAMMIT ZENDRAGON!!!!

I promise you there is an obese dude working a death match fed who is more than willing to be a human blood bank for that concept. Just give Darby a shiv made out of a piece of wood and a scalpel blade and tell him to yell "HE'S GONNA DIE!"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

Eric Kulas went with Mass Transit when Big Bus Man was right there

Big Bus Man was like how Mick Foley went with Cactus Jack because he didn’t think he could be Dude Love from his debut

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dragonzombie said:

New AEW hire, Jeremy Flynn. His job is Senior Marketing Director of Live Events for AEW. He previously worked for PBR.

1) I misread that about three times as "Jerry Flynn" and wondered when Lightning Foot got into marketing

2) PBR the beer or PBR the bull riding promotion?

I saw bull riding/rodeo on TV at my gym and my first thought was how prevalent, yet somehow under the radar, CTE must be in that sport.  Dudes' heads are just WHIPPING back and forth.

• Like 1

They should bring Megan Bayne back, create a Women's Tag division and make Bayne & Brick into the distaff Skyscrapers.

• Like 6

Thinking of the most consistent AEW gimmick match with little to no duds, I'd say the Texas Death Match is #1 then Anarchy in the Arena and the Steel Cage match. Blood & Guts an honourable mention. The Light's Out match between Orange Cassidy and Adam Cole is one of the worst matches in AEW history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

They should bring Megan Bayne back, create a Women's Tag division and make Bayne & Brick into the distaff Skyscrapers.

I really want a Road Warriors/Skyscrapers/SST/etc type team so bad. I’ve said it before, I want to see some fools get wrecked. And, in pro wrestling, one of the best ways to see fools get wrecked is by a tag team comprised of two big, strong, scary dudes/dudettes. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Even though I prob shouldn't, I still say Kamille's name the way Bill Cosby used to say his wife's name in his act. 

Every damn time I read her name, I hear Eddie doing his Cosby impression.  

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5