DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APRIL 2024

Two months away from one of AEW and NJPW's biggest shows, Forbidden Door. It'll be surreal seeing Kazuchika Okada representing AEW. We also have an AEW wrestler with the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in Jon Moxley. Do we get Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr here, All In or a different show? I'll guess we do here with Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness at All In. Be interesting to see the Forbidden Door line-up and who gets the limited singles matches on tap.

• Like 1

I'm gonna use this as an excuse to say that Nyla was in the first -- first -- women's match I saw in AEW, and is maybe the most longstanding and criminally underused wrestler on their roster. And she even lost that first match, to Riho.

Make this stink as big as possible, because that slippery slope is a tidal wave. Use this as an opportunity. Fuck em up, the bigots.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Two months away from one of AEW and NJPW's biggest shows, Forbidden Door. It'll be surreal seeing Kazuchika Okada representing AEW. We also have an AEW wrestler with the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in Jon Moxley. Do we get Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr here, All In or a different show? I'll guess we do here with Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness at All In. Be interesting to see the Forbidden Door line-up and who gets the limited singles matches on tap.

Didn't we already get Danielson/Sabre?

8 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

In theory, in recent times they had the AEW match and the New Japan match, it would be neat to see the rubber match in England. Personally, I’m in the McGuiness camp and think if they did a third (or 5th over all?!) then an Indy UK match would be super cool. OR overall I think they fought in England, Germany, USA, and Japan. They should do a different company…UGANDA!!!!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

In theory, in recent times they had the AEW match and the New Japan match, it would be neat to see the rubber match in England. Personally, I’m in the McGuiness camp and think if they did a third (or 5th over all?!) then an Indy UK match would be super cool. OR overall I think they fought in England, Germany, USA, and Japan. They should do a different company…UGANDA!!!!!

Thanks, bud.

Oh man a POWER UTI MATCH. 

Unfortunately, ummm, this happened. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/famous-wrestler-power-uti-faces-trial-allegedly-killing-wife-locking-corpse-decompse/

EDIT: Hmmm. He may have not killed her? Anyway, Foley didn't like him and he reads arrogant as hell. Check this https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1023664839644905474.html out for the stories and the insane addition of a Nigerian card announcing Brody vs. Andre, Savage vs. Snuka, and the truly bizarre Tony Garea vs. Verne Gagne vs. CM Punk... in 2011. Shit, Colt Cabana vs. Adrian Adonis in a hair match!!!

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

Holy shit I just realized that Roderick Strong is that goofy math teacher looking dude in the hardcore band that if he’s there means you’re going to die in the pit 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Tony Khan (@TonyKhan)

Tomorrow!

Mina returning to the USA quickly. Feels like she only arrived back in Japan a few days ago.

• Like 5

Power Uti is Nigerian. Nothing to do with Soft Ground Uganda.

4 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I know AEW isn't a serious company because there isn't already a PO Box where I can send TK a get well card.

LOOOOOL

We really needed a campaign to send Jack Perry a vote of confidence between that tape airing and last night.

HTM's heel turn was weird as fuck.

• Haha 1

I know there’s a ratings thread and all and I expected the rating to be lower with it being live on both coasts, but damn, that is really fucking low. Probably still no need to panic yet and I would honestly say keep doing what you’re doing unless this becomes a new floor. Or ceiling…