DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

We can’t discount the possibility that Cena knows that there’s more dirt yet to be uncovered, and that he’s just happy to have not been implicated yet.

Because, I mean, if Vince likes to share his women, do you really think Johnny Ace was his first and only choice of tag team partner? There’s every chance that he’s been doing this stuff for decades. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

We can’t discount the possibility that Cena knows that there’s more dirt yet to be uncovered, and that he’s just happy to have not been implicated yet.

Because, I mean, if Vince likes to share his women, do you really think Johnny Ace was his first and only choice of tag team partner? There’s every chance that he’s been doing this stuff for decades. 

I'm starting to wonder about this too bud. I mean, the "staying in Vince's good graces just in case" excuse is gone. Vince is done. I don't care what he's gotten out of before; he's never faced anything this bad, at this age, while no longer being owner of the company. He's never coming back. So why not condemn him? OK, there's probably a few guys like Taker who legitimately consider Vince a close friend (not to mention the provider of their life of luxury) who feel they "owe it to him" to defend him. But how many people out there aren't willing to condemn him because they're afraid of the receipts on them that he's got?

• Like 1

Taking Cena on face value, he's in contact with Vince and telling him that "he has a big hill to climb." With some of the other people making terrible statements, I imagine they're not actually in contact with Vince, but Cena seems to be. I just don't get how WME, which represents him, doesn't have him better prepped to answer these questions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Keep in mind, after Vince's first ouster for improper hush money payments to women he used his power to coerce into sex he raped, Cena was photographed going out on double dates with Vince.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I just don't get how WME, which represents him, doesn't have him better prepped to answer these questions. 

Especially considering Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher were just in a similar situation and nearly tanked their careers.    

• Like 2

The same Stern interview has Cena denying ever taking PEDs and while that could be true my first take is that John is carving out his own little reality bubble to rest his weary head in

I think Linda hasn't divorced Vince because they're barely married anyway and she wants to politic with Christian conservatives which involves both money and holding up the institution of marriage as sacred (for women, men can get divorced)

• Like 2

Linda is booked to speak at a "Moms for America" summit in Dallas next weekend. It is a group promoting "parental rights and patriotism."

Usual suspects speaking -- Jim Caviezel, Kevin Sorbo, Ben Carson, John Rich.

• Haha 5

I'm happy that I never bought a PPV, never paid for cable, never went to a card (even if I missed what I believe was Eddie's last Smackdown), and these DVDs here are gonna be worth a fortune someday. Especially the Benoit and Guerrero ones. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I kinda hate myself for ever supporting anything related to the McMahon family. Like my time and money went to these fuckers? 

Same here.

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

I'm happy that I never bought a PPV, never paid for cable, never went to a card (even if I missed what I believe was Eddie's last Smackdown), and these DVDs here are gonna be worth a fortune someday. Especially the Benoit and Guerrero ones. 

Chris Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers ever so I was thrilled I won a signed picture which I hung on my wall. When the double murder suicide happened, I took it down and put it in a cardboard folder. Remained there ever since.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, colonial said:

Linda is booked to speak at a "Moms for America" summit in Dallas next weekend. It is a group promoting "parental rights and patriotism."

Usual suspects speaking -- Jim Caviezel, Kevin Sorbo, Ben Carson, John Rich.

Throw in GIna Carano and you can relaunch WWE Films as one of those kind of studios.

• Haha 6

Regarding that Cena interview, my reaction can be easily summed up:

The only way to get Cena distance himself from Vince probably would be China threating to ban his next movie.

Edited by Robert S
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I kinda hate myself for ever supporting anything related to the McMahon family. Like my time and money went to these fuckers? 

Depressingly, everywhere my money goes, whether for necessities or luxuries, seems to fund some asshole somewhere, so I'm somewhat inured.

Only somewhat, though. I did ditch the WWE Network, but when they made a deal with NBC Comcast to put it on Peacock, I didn't cancel Peacock or anything.

I'm trying not to go full Eleanor Shellstrop, but it's exhausting trying to dodge assholes and make sure not to fund them. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Taking Cena on face value, he's in contact with Vince and telling him that "he has a big hill to climb." With some of the other people making terrible statements, I imagine they're not actually in contact with Vince, but Cena seems to be. I just don't get how WME, which represents him, doesn't have him better prepped to answer these questions. 

Maybe that is the best they could prep him?

Having read the quote but not seen any video or heard any audio, it looks like he had an aneurysm in the middle or some ChatGPT bot came up with that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Vice may or not be finally shutting down as they locked out a bunch of workers, including Tim Marchman. Marchman has said that he was planning to there this week but will be continuing his McMahon coverage elsewhere.

9 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

Depressingly, everywhere my money goes, whether for necessities or luxuries, seems to fund some asshole somewhere

the world is full of terrible people. i hate that so many successful artists/creators are so awful. i can usually try to separate the art from the artist, but man, i wish that wasn't something that we all have to do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, twiztor said:

the world is full of terrible people. i hate that so many successful artists/creators are so awful. i can usually try to separate the art from the artist, but man, i wish that wasn't something that we all have to do.

Well said.

In regards to the above, I can't watch Chris Benoit matches any more since June 2007. I remember Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels at Survivor Series 2007 and I was shocked to see Michaels use a Crippler Crossface. That's a move I didn't think we'd see again. When I see the move, there are times I think of Benoit and other times, I don't.