DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

Especially when I had him to thank for my dream, for my husband [fellow WWE star Seth Rollins], for my daughter, for the life that I have now.

This is the Jedi Mind Trick/wrestlers are insecure thing again.  That company needs to hire a cult deprogrammer.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

This is the Jedi Mind Trick/wrestlers are insecure thing again.  That company needs to hire a cult deprogrammer.  

Is it? I'm sure there is cult aspect for some, but in this case its more of that idea of how people who do the type of shit Vince did either do it outright and arrogantly expecting little to no consequences or present themselves as different people to others, only showing their full or real selves to few individuals of like mindedness. 

Just now, Eivion said:

Is it? I'm sure there is cult aspect for some, but in this case its more of that idea of how people who do the type of shit Vince did either do it outright and arrogantly expecting little to no consequences or present themselves as different people to others, only showing their full or real selves to few individuals of like mindedness. 

I’m just saying Becky crediting Vince alone with all her good fortune in life is sad.

• Like 5

On 3/20/2024 at 7:12 PM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'm curious if that's all she says because she really didn't say much at all 

Nope. This is getting buried with all her general comments:

“I was rehearsing in the ring with some of the other girls before doors opened to the fans, when Liv made a beeline to the ring from Gorilla. “Have you seen Aliyah?” she asked. We shook our heads. Aliyah had come up to SmackDown the year before. She had been partnered with Raquel Rodriguez and they’d briefly held the tag team titles, but then Aliyah was sidelined with a shoulder injury.

“I just ran into her [Aliyah], almost hysterically crying,” she [Morgan] explained. “[Aliyah] was asking if it’s true that none of the talent wants to work with her.” We exchanged confused looks. I didn’t know Aliyah well, but I’d had nothing but great interactions with her. She was one of the sweetest girls in the locker room.

“Why would she think that?” I asked. [Morgan responded] “They wanted her to come back from her shoulder injury right away, but she said she needed more time. That’s when Bruce Prichard told her that all the producers were trying to bury her and no one wanted to work with her. She was really upset.”

I felt my jaw and fists clench at the mere mention of his name. Bruce Prichard was another Vince McMahon crony. If “What did you say you do here?” was a person, it would be him. No one knew what exactly his job was or how he got it. He was the type of guy who carries a briefcase just so it looks like he’s doing something, yet somehow, he’d wormed his way up to executive producer, handpicked by Vince because he knew Bruce was the kind of guy you could control from a distance through an earpiece.”

Screw Bruce Brichard.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they'll be picketing Raw in Kansas City on April 29th, as a protest against Vince McMahon's allegations.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AxB said:

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they'll be picketing Raw in Kansas City on April 29th, as a protest against Vince McMahon's allegations.

I've written ten different responses to this only to delete them... There's just no way to fully explain the intense and bizarre mix of emotional reaction to this news 🤷🏻

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Coletti said:

I've written ten different responses to this only to delete them... There's just no way to fully explain the intense and bizarre mix of emotional reaction to this news 🤷🏻

It's like Inception but like for evil.

• Like 4

Before Fred Phelps was disbarred for being a psycho, his work in civil rights law helped dismantle Jim Crow and integrate schools in Kansas. He was apparently a virulent bigot even then and just did it for the money, but depending on what you think of Vince’s philanthropy there’s an argument that Phelps has done more tangible good than Vince ever has, even though both are tremendous pieces of shit. 

• Like 1

More of Ronda Rousey airing her grievances, including regarding Vince. 

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2024/3/25/24108542/ronda-rousey-interview-lifelong-concussion-history-where-wwe-run-went-wrong-vince-mcmahon-prichard

“Everything just being beholden to this near 80-year-old man, who has five or six episodes of ‘Behind the Bastards’ about him, is not a very good business model.”

“I just didn’t wanna be Vince’s action f—-ing figure anymore. I felt like I was like doing custom matches for a f—-ing sicko in the back,” Rousey said. “All power to the girls that keep fighting the good fight. But I’m in my mid-30’s now. I’ve got s—t to do.”

“He was never gone while I was there. He was just phoning it in through Bruce Pritchard,” Rousey claimed. “My agent who works at WME (Endeavor), he was telling me, ‘You know, he’s completely gone now, I swear.’ And I’m like, I’ll believe it when I see it, because everyone said he left before. He never left. He was there by text message.”

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I think that's the first time I've seen her age. Not that it changes anything but I have been thinking she was in her 20s this whole time. 

Yeah same here. She's 43? Where did the 20s thing come from? Because that's the age I had believed her to be this whole time as well.

It doesn't change anything about the atrocities committed here. I'm just confused where we got the prior age from.

It's crazy that Vince can force TKO to buy his shares.  Apparently, if he sells them on the open market, it will make TKO stock prices drop, so TKO has to use a line of credit to purchase them whenever Vince wants to sell.  What's to stop him from deciding to sell it all off and put them in some pretty bad debt?  I mean aside from the fact that "pretty bad debt" doesn't exist for corporations and billionaires.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

Vince probably needs to be more concerned with find a country that doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the us at this point 

JC joked he was going to buy his own island somewhere. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

JC joked he was going to buy his own island somewhere. 

I was going to make a joke that Vince could go live with Gary Glitter, but after doing some research, it appears Mr. Glitter is currently in prison, exactly where Vince should be. 

• Like 3

If Vince ever tried to leave the country abruptly, there will be nice people waiting to greet him upon attempted departure.

You flee BEFORE the investigation, not afterwards.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zendragon said:

Vince probably needs to be more concerned with find a country that doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the us at this point 

He'll be Trump's running mate as both scumbags upstanding gentlemen who are innocent until proven guilty desperately try to get elected as a shield against their various criminal and civil charges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3