DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

4 minutes ago, twiztor said:

"framistan" is the word you're looking for.

Thank you. And yes it was the term b.l.ood mon.ey. (For a second there I thought it was "POC" but no. Me no brain work todays.) 

The return of 'Joe Son-Do' and Emanuel Yarbrough would be a boon in comparison to a bunch of racist white fucks making money off of black and brown people beating each other into CTE for the pleasure of other mutants. Maybe all those censorious congresspeople had a point? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Apparently, Ben Crump's law firm is searching for sexual assault survivors from WWE and UFC.

I didn't have that on my 2024 bingo card. My two worlds are converging.

If Roma is talking about Jim Powers, I've heard that story. The bartender at the restaurant/ bar in my hometown in Jersey went to school with Powers and stayed friends with him. He used to tell us that Powers told him that he didn't get pushed because he turned down someone. 

Only thing I'm not sure about is what partner he was referring to who slipped and hit his head and died in his sleep from a brain bleed. Hercules died from heart disease(according to Wiki at least) and Powers is obviously still alive.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

If Roma is talking about Jim Powers, I've heard that story. The bartender at the restaurant/ bar in my hometown in Jersey went to school with Powers and stayed friends with him. He used to tell us that Powers told him that he didn't get pushed because he turned down someone. 

Roma flat-out mentioned that Powers story by name.

What he was talking about that was "worse" than Janel Grant was someone who he did not name publicly. He thought that person might be married now and wouldn't want to deal with all the stress of coming out with their story at this point.

Wasn't the original WWF sex scandal, when Pat Patterson got fake fired, about Mel Phillips and the (underage) ring crew boys?

Speaking of Pat Patterson, here is Roddy Piper really struggling to try to tell a story about him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQawT9DyKw&pp=ygUucm9kZHkgcGlwZXIgdHJ5aW5nIHRvIHRhbGsgYWJvdXQgcGF0IHBhdHRlcnNvbg%3D%3D

3 hours ago, Peck said:

Only thing I'm not sure about is what partner he was referring to who slipped and hit his head and died in his sleep from a brain bleed. Hercules died from heart disease(according to Wiki at least) and Powers is obviously still alive.

I think he’s talking about S.D. Jones. They tagged briefly, and Jones passed from some kind of stroke-related brain bleed.

The Cena comments on Stern are not good. If he had stopped with valuing love and friendship but also valuing accountability and didn't say a word after that, maybe it could have been ok, but it was not good.

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The Cena comments on Stern are not good. If he had stopped with valuing love and friendship but also valuing accountability and didn't say a word after that, maybe it could have been ok, but it was not good.

Talking soft and saying nothing. I'll get cynical here and say he sounds like an accomplice. But his is one of dozens of public takes I'd say the same about

Seriously when Randy Orton can produce a 20 times better response to this than company spokesman John Cena you know you fucked up

People who are surprised how much of a robot he came off as apparently didn't watch Total Bellas or the feud with Miz and Maryse at WM Orlando

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is like disgusting levels of being a company man  almost to the point where it sounds like Vince groomed and brainwashed him. Here’s a better take…Instead of talking about and saying repeatedly how you love the guy and he has a hill to climb, how about, oh, I don’t know, this is fucked up, what it looks like he did was fucked up, this was not the person I knew all those years but if this is the person he is then I can’t be associated with that and it sucks because we had a great relationship but it sucks even more for the life of a woman or even multiple women that he destroyed and THEY have an uphill battle to climb. 

Instead it’s this apologetic bullshit about loving Vince and he’s the one with an uphill battle and blah blah blah. like, fuck off man. We’re 2 days removed from Trump comparing Navalny’s murder to his own legal troubles of his own doing. The Venn diagram here has a lot of overlap.

It's cool and all that Cena did all of those Make a Wishes, but this is such a fucked up response to the situation that in hindsight makes it feel like all of that charity work was a way to cleanse himself of the disgusting shit he knew was happening for years. And it’s equally likely that isn’t the case, but there’s plenty of examples of seemingly good people doing good things to make up for the bad shit they were witness to.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Stolen from reddit in case you don't feel like listening to five minutes of Cena's monotone Wonderbread bullshit.  Honestly, a nebulous wall of text is the perfect personification of this goof.  Sorry for the delayed reaction, but I legit spaced out listening to it due to his delivery, and only really comprehended it when reading this.

"I don't think it's complicated to talk about. It's complicated to listen to. That's why I don't necessarily put a lot of time and equity into it. There’s still a long way to go. I can say this, I’m a big advocate of love and friendship and honesty, and communication, in the same breath, I’m also a big advocate of accountability. If someone's behavior lies so far outside of your value system that the balance shifts of, 'I can't operate in a world where this works.' That's the end result of being accountable. Right now, I’m gonna love the person I love, be their friend. 'I love you, you have a hill to climb.' There is the saying of, 'You don’t know who your friends are until shit hits the fan or your back is against the wall.' That doesn't make any of what's going on any easier to swallow. Just telling someone you love them, it’s a hill to climb, and we’ll see what happens.' That's that. It sounds so cliche, but it has to be one day at a time. I've openly said, I love the guy, I have a great relationship with the guy, and that’s that. It's largely my construct of operating with honesty and communication. Those are strong leads to handling any problem or achievement. The whole thing is super unfortunate and it sucks. It deals with an individual I love and an entity I love. I want everyone to have the experience that I have," said Cena. "Not only do I tell a friend that I love them, but I switch to the entity and say, 'How can I help?'"

Just telling someone you love them, it’s a hill to climb, and we’ll see what happens

Sweet zombie Jesus tapdancing Christ.  His boss raped and trafficked multiple women, and this fucking human equivalent of cream colored paint on an apartment wall, this walking talking plain chicken breast made with no spices on an ungreased Foreman grill, is talking in terms of what a challenge this is going to be for his friend who he loves.  

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

WWE fans won’t care. He can come back next week and he’ll get a huge pop and everyone will be talking about how cool it is that he’s doing wrestling when he doesn’t really need to. 

• Like 1