DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JANUARY 2024

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

What's this?

Danielson’s still planning to work multiple times a year once he winds it down as a full-time guy. Think he said a dozen or so times a year, I can’t remember the exact number of matches he said. 

I worry how max effort he’s gonna go to make those feel special. 

• Like 1

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Danielson’s still planning to work multiple times a year once he winds it down as a full-time guy. Think he said a dozen or so times a year, I can’t remember the exact number of matches he said. 

I worry how max effort he’s gonna go to make those feel special. 

Ah shit, my bad.  I read that too quickly and thought it said "Danhausen."  Which is confusing because he's already part time 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I will make Wire references until I am six feet deep

Dustin Rhodes: Now look, check it, it’s simple, it’s simple. See this? This the Tony Khan, a’ight? And he the booker. You social media burn the other dude’s booker, you got the game. But he trying to meme at your booker too, so you gotta protect it. Now, Tony Khan, he move one space any direction he damn choose, ’cause he’s on a lot of coke. Like this, this, this, a’ight? But he ain’t a worker. But the rest of these motherfuckers on the team, they got his back. And they run so deep, he really ain’t gotta do shit.

Ricky Starks: Like your dad was a booker, Dusty.

Dustin Rhodes: Yeah, like my dad. You see this? This the Champion. He Samoa Joe, he fuckin tough. He move any way he want, as far as she want. And he is the go-get-shit-done piece. Gonna fight before a match, he’ll make you wrestle still. 

Big Bill: Remind me of Regal.

Dustin: And this over here is the ring. Like the ring. It can move like this, and like this.

Big Bill: Dog, stash don’t move, man.

Dustin: C’mon, yo, think. How many arenas we been in this month? Right? And every time we move the ring, we gotta move a trainees with it, right? To break it down a set it up.

Starks: True, true, you right. All right, what about them little baldheaded bitches right there?

Dustin: These right here, this is the jobbers. They like Brandon Cutler. They move like this, one space forward only. Except when they fight, then it’s like spraying comedic spray. And they like record all the BTE’s, they be out in the field.

Big Bill: So how do you get to be the booker?

Dustin: It ain’t like that. See, the booker stay the booker, a’ight? Everything stay who he is. Except for the jobbers. Now, if Brandon Cutler make it all the way up to the win-loss record, he get to be Champion. And like I said, the Samoa Joe is tough as fuck. He’ll choke your ass out.

Starks: A’ight, so if I become champion, I win.

D’Angelo Barksdale: If you post a funny joke making fun of the other dude’s booker and get them to do something dumb in response, then you win.

Starks: A’ight, but if I make it to the end, I’m top dog, like Roman.

Dustin: Nah, yo, it ain’t like that. Look, the jobbers, man, in the match, they get pinned quick. They be out the match early.

Starks: Unless they some smart-ass workers.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

Goddamn those AEW Graphics are chunky and motherfuckin clunky. I'm speaking foremostly of the upcoming event listings cutting off the lower 3/4 quarter of the screen. The upcoming match rundown as well - a silly and unnecessary distraction. #DownWITHswitchtasking.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:41 PM, Godfrey said:

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1748208686982369296?s=20

Apparently it's the 2nd anniversary of Cody's last promo in AEW. Relive the madness

It only seemed like madness without the benefit of hindsight - I tried to 'wishfully think' it into being a work pretty hard at the time IIRC. Homeboy can say whatever he wants in public, but I'll go to my f'n grave believing Cody saw Brawl Out coming from a mile away, and got the hell outta there.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything other than clips, but it appears even when she was a few matches deep she was at least hand-holdable to acceptable matches. She was only 50 matches deep when she started in Japan. Now she's 150 deep, with like 100 matches in 9 months..so one can understand if she needed some time off, but it remains unclear how she will adjust to the more sporadic schedule and it doesn't feel like she'll be working elsewhere right now.

Spotify has Mariah May theme song up as of now and it's way better than I actually realized during her debut. An interesting mixture of Jamie Hayter's and Deonna Purazzo's themes, at least in vibe. Nice.