DVDVR Message Board

October 2023 Wrestling Discussion

4 hours ago, FourPostMassacre said:

Also if you’re looking for a CKy/Jackass guy for inspiration go with Steve-o. 

Absolutely. If you've ever seen the footage he shot of himself huffing whippits or air duster or something (it was this plain silver can of SOMEthing that looked like it was reloadable) over and over and bemoaning the loss of his mom, and realize he got sober after that... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

That was maybe my greatest typo. I will not correct it because I feel like Terry would crack up about it after beating me up. 

I can see him chiding you in good nature. "Now, Mr. Octopus, that's a bad word. Didn't your momma teach you right?"

• Haha 3

This would have been June 1993. There was a ton of turnover on the WWF roster so they would have been either done with WWF or finishing up with WWF. Hence, why they're doing a shot on some show in Australia.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=56657

• Like 1

If this is more appropriate for the old school questions thread or any other, mods feel free to move:

I was poking around online and came across this really cool site about the various studios used for Mid Atlantic/Crockett tapings - I was wondering if anyone has any similar resources for other areas of the country? Most specifically, I want to read stuff about Pittsburgh, Detroit/Sheik, and any the (W)WWF may have used in DC or the PA/NJ/NY/CT/RI/MA region during the era. Also wouldn't mind any similar info on San Fran/Shire or Los Angeles if applicable - Thanks everyone

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
just studio shows to be clear
  • Like 1

That would be pretty cool to do a setup like the old MSG PPVs. I can’t think of the last time they ran the Allstate Arena/Rosemont Horizon without a stage. I’m guessing it would have been during the New Generation era.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

That would be pretty cool to do a setup like the old MSG PPVs. I can’t think of the last time they ran the Allstate Arena/Rosemont Horizon without a stage. I’m guessing it would have been during the New Generation era.

It may just be the way MSG is set up. Anytime I watch old boxing whether it be from the 70s to the early 2000s from the Garden, the tunnel is always facing towards the hard camera. The Forum Boxing shows during the 1990s from what's now the Kia Forum had a similar setup. Ironically, the MSG group owns the Forum.

• Like 1