DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 9/27 - 10/3/2023 - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Dolfan in NYC

I always love the idea that viewers are all sitting there with their remotes in-hand, switching the channel the second something they don't like is on and then somehow switching back at exactly the moment the thing they dont' like is gone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Log said:

I always love the idea that viewers are all sitting there with their remotes in-hand, switching the channel the second something they don't like is on and then somehow switching back at exactly the moment the thing they dont' like is gone.

Is that not what y’all do?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

I think I was so cranky from Wednesday's episode because for some reason I couldn't use the sweet, sweet FFWD button during my delayed live watch on YouTube TV so I had to sit through lots of crap I normally skip.

• Haha 1

For real, seeing what people who are watching later and seeing what they fast-forward through would actually be a pretty good metric as to what is over and what's not.

41 minutes ago, Just Dave said:

I'm sorry, I do totally buy that you do that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Log said:

For real, seeing what people who are watching later and seeing what they fast-forward through would actually be a pretty good metric as to what is over and what's not.

I'm sorry, I do totally buy that you do that.

Good, because I’m full of shit. Have y’all thought I was serious this whole time?

22 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Completing the triumvirate 

I miss the Internet.

Oh great... do I tell the straights about Jiz and the Mammograms🤔

Eh, what do I care?   It's not like I'm telling them about The Most Popular Girls in School

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

Yes.

Eh. If it’s about the bucks or adam Cole chances are I am serious. Hyperbolic, sure, but serious. If it’s some of my more ridiculous shit, I’m messing around. I do turn the channel when Cole is on, unless he’s with someone I really care about.

• Like 1

A tale of two camps of viewers. I'm ALL IN on the 'Had Fun' camp. Rey Fenix v Jarrett was an odd pairing to begin. Perpetuated by the Fenix mishap. I went with it and enjoyed what they were able to pull off. No, it wasn't 'Great', but it was a strong pivot.

Easily my favorite of the MJF-Cole skits. Any fans of the Talented Mr. Ripley in the room? Callis Family promo was on point. The video from Japan could've used a slight edit. So too the almost really good RIghteous Video.

Wheeler Yuta-Ricky Starks confrontation was good, and I very much like this match.

Nick Jackson v Brian Cage v Claudio was excellent. A three way Dean could've gotten down with, so too the Matt v Penta v OC v Austin 4 way. Both matches were compelling and had me all the way thru. 

The Cole/MJF/Roddy/Jay White was fantastic. Promos were on point, or close enough to. Jay White v MJF is something to look forward to. Dug the odd anlge to close. Scheduling this back to back with the also excellent Darby-Christian-JR sitdown was a clumsy decision.

There are many wrestlers protected on this roster - too many. But Willow should absolutely be one of them. That said, Julia v Willow was excellent. Julia looks to have made some serious positive adjustments. The Willow push needs to happen immediately.

Hangman-Swerve contract signing was good to begin, built, and delivered. Fantastic! Very much looking forward to Wrestledream. Also, very much looking forward to Nick Jackson v (hopefully healthy) Rey Fenix II

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Log said:

I agree. I think this has potential to be a really solid match-up.

So I like both guys (particularly Yuta) but I groaned a bit at this match being announced because it's such a foregone conclusion and I don't think it does either guy any favours - a win over Yuta doesnt mean anything to Starks after 2 straight losses to Dragon and Yuta losing to Starks just cements Yuta as BCC young boy there to take falls.

Jay White is a good talker but he needs to lose at least 7 of his catchphrases. He's like the waiters in Chotchkies in Office Space, he's got too many pieces of flair!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You know for a bit now Dynamite has been the C-show for me. too many multiman matches (novel when ECW popularized them 30 years ago and we had never seen them, not  so novel now) , That endless MJF segment dragged. Did enjoy Julia v Willow though

I wonder who gets the main event spot at WD? Swerve and Christian Cage have made convincing arguments that they are the top heels in the company, and I could buy Hangman Page as #3 face behind Darby and OC. (I still feel MJF is still playing the tweener role, If Cole does end up turning on him then there's an argument made that he's #1 face)

but the most important thing is that you don't want to be the guy who ownes the boat, you want to be brochacos with the guy who's dad owns the boat

May be an image of 2 people, people swimming, boat and body of water

• Like 2

Weird Edge thought.

As best as I can tell, the last time anyone currently in AEW was on a WWE PPV was Day 1 on January 1, 2022,  when Claudio was in a pre-show tag. That's pretty much the entirety of the current super hot WWE run. There are a bunch of new young fans that are into things right now that probably aren't particularly familiar with a lot of guys we might expect them to be like Danielson.

Yes, there's a big appeal from the 98-2012 Edge fans in bringing him in, but he was treated like a pretty big deal in the WWE during this super hot period, and there are probably a bunch of kids who have a better idea who he is than literally anyone on the AEW roster because of the current boom.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Weird Edge thought.

As best as I can tell, the last time anyone currently in AEW was on a WWE PPV was Day 1 on January 1, 2002, when Claudio was in a pre-show tag. That's pretty much the entirety of the current super hot WWE run. There are a bunch of new young fans that are into things right now that probably aren't particularly familiar with a lot of guys we might expect them to be like Danielson.

Yes, there's a big appeal from the 98-2012 Edge fans in bringing him in, but he was treated like a pretty big deal in the WWE during this super hot period, and there are probably a bunch of kids who have a better idea who he is than literally anyone on the AEW roster because of the current boom.

I assume this is 2022 right, I haven’t watched the E for a long time but I know Mox and Danielson were still big there in the last few years.