DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 9/27 - 10/3/2023 - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Dolfan in NYC

Damn, I must have been watching a different show.  Thought this kicked ass.  Thought Jay held his own on the mic, did great playing on insecurity- and thought that was an all-timer mic segement on AEW, then Hangman/Swerve followed it up with something almost as good.

Loved Willow bringing the hate in that match. 

The mystery angle at the end could go a lot of ways too, which I like.

Do I get to do the "AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!" line this week?

Edited by Jenalysis
  • Like 10

I am prepared to stay up all night refreshing the page in hopes of interesting ideas of who the ninjas are and if they're really working for MJF or trying to frame him. 

My best guess is it's Roddy, Taven, Bennet, the returning O'Reilly and hell maybe even wacky old Bobby Fish and they all join Max as his new heel stable and betray Cole. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the only way Jeff Jarrett's group could be more of a USWA Heel group is if Jarrett's flunkies put their hair on the line if Jarrett doesn't win some big match

Not all of their hair. They say "One of us is putting their hair on the line", and then when they lose they reveal it was Sonjay's hair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

This was an all right episode of Dynamite. Nothing stood out as great, but nothing was bad either. Rey vs. Jarrett sure was a match of randomness but it worked. I guess since they called the audible last week, this was supposed to be Moxley vs. Jarrett. I want to see that now. Perfect reason for Double J Double M A to return. Sonjay as a cutman for Jarrett would be amazing. 

Speaking of randomness, we get Nick Jackson vs. Brian Cage vs. Claudio. I figured Cage would win but was kinda shocked that Jackson did. I mean Fenix vs. Jackson should be a fun match and all next week.

The four way was more randomness. I guess that was the theme of tonight's show. Surprised to see Orange Cassidy win. I can't imagine they are giving him and Hook a tag title shot after sunday, but random things are a foot tonight.

The MJF/Jay White promo was something. MJF sure did do his best to bury him but I thought, at least in my view Jay was able to come back especially after the tofu line.

The Jim Ross sitdown was all right. This match should be saved for the main event of a Dynamite rather than being thrown on the middle of the PPV. 

Willow vs. Julia was fun. Willow forgot to sell her "eye" injury which was amusing. At least clutch it or something.

The contract signing was all right. Swerve has to be winning this match. I can't see them doing all this hype for him wanting to win a big one only to fall short.

So yeah I guess this episode was just random.

• Like 1

there's clearly one logical way to take tonight's ending.. everybody except Jay White acts like it didn't happen and Jay White gets more and more unhinged insisting that he was really attacked by ninjas. It'll be a wrestling tribute to the "Nightmare at 20000 Feet" Twilight Zone episode

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Hopefully once his non-compete is up we get a really big ninja (Shanky) added to the mix 

Satnam and Shanky in segments where people expect them to know each other but they say that India has a billion people and not every tall person in India knows each other

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

Satnam and Shanky in segments where people expect them to know each other but they say that India has a billion people and not every tall person in India knows each other

Oh my god this is what I want. Jarrett playing the old boomer "Het Satnam, I know what'll make you happy! Let's recruit Shanky to our group!!" 😑😑😑 "I keep telling you we're not all in some Tall Men From India club!!"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Oh my god this is what I want. Jarrett playing the old boomer "Het Satnam, I know what'll make you happy! Let's recruit Shanky to our group!!" 😑😑😑 "I keep telling you we're not all in some Tall Men From India club!!"

basically when you have a cat and they don't want a new cat around, only with wrestlers

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I loved the MJF/Jay promo, thought both guys killed it and came off like a massive big time main event in the making between 2 top guys. It was certainly long but I was hooked for it. Laughed at Cole randomly guessing if MJF was gonna throw him overboard and the Paul Wight appearance.  Hate for Cole to be out for long in the middle of all this but dug how the segment transitioned from one part to the next and the crowd was great all throughout. Very interesting mysterious cliffhanger ending to the show that has a lot of possibilities. We never found out why Roderick needed Adam more than ever at that particular moment.

Thought Jarrett/Fenix was a great opener, multi man matches were fun, and Julia Hart keeps on killing it so much that I need her to be TBS champ. Good stuff from Hangman and Swerve to close out. Definitely more talk heavy than usual but thought all the segments delivered pretty strong. WrestleDream is feeling epic. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jenalysis said:

The Gunns and Juice fighting Ninjas Lucha Underground style would be epic.  Maybe decapitate Luchasaurus again.

AEW should ask WWE if they can get Otis for the segment so he can channel Chris Farley in Beverly Hills Ninja in the segment. 

• Haha 1

If anybody else said it and I missed it, I apologize but I can't be the only one that thinks Adam Coles injury is being least somewhat worked, right?

Oh awesome here's that clip of Christian from last night... It is not nearly as funny out of context but man, in the moment? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/16u2f0t/aew_dynamite_spoilers_christian_cage_spitting/

Edited by Coletti
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Apparently every match and every segment on the show (other than Willow vs Julia) featured at least one person who was a former or current member of the Bullet Club.

8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Very interesting mysterious cliffhanger ending to the show that has a lot of possibilities. We never found out why Roderick needed Adam more than ever at that particular moment.

Oh yeah I forgot about this but it's a great point...if the Kingdom are involved in the ninja angle somehow then Roddy never explaining why he needs Cole so much seems less like a flub/lazy writing and more a point of intrigue. Tbh I thought the joke was going to be that he needed help going to the bathroom but thankfully they didn't go the Attitude Era poop joke route.

• Haha 1