DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

So I was listening to a placetobe podcast, I like their whole thing going through every single wwe ppv ever, I'm pretty sure one of the guys posted on the old board some.. so I'm listening to one on 2001 and I think I heard goodhelmet show up as a guest, I recognized his voice from the Johnny shows... Small world we live in. Or should I say bubble.

I'm watching $5 Dollar Wrestling Straight out of Compton... And while it is funny because "LOLZ, these guys can't work," and Marty Derosie and Colt are fairly funny, it seems almost mean spirited when Freight Train comes out.

Maybe i'm being a little over sensitive, but is everyone in on the joke except Freight Train?

I'm sure there are a lot of nice people working in WWE right now, but that cartoon reminds me that, for the most part, people there are total women-hating scumbags.

Talk about an overreaction to a drawing done by ONE guy. Your cynicism depresses me. People are great.

Punk doesn't seem to have a type does he? Maria, AJ, Beadle, Lita, Tracy Brooks, Beth Phoenix...

Meltzer is reporting that this was being passed around backstage at TLC:

tumblr_inline_mxwayaRy021sol6xt.jpg

Yikes.

Gawd, I want to work for this company so bad.

What a sh*tshow. I would love every second of it up until the inevitable pink slip six months in.

I'd have crazy stories to tell for the rest of my life. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Vince saw that drawing and it's now framed somewhere in Titan Towers.

I don't know  Of all the potential scenarios, our mystery cartoonist went with the least interesting.  In 2013, Vince needs a bit more to get him going.  I imagine he sent it back with some requests:

"Wait, she wants to be Lita?  I thought she wanted to be with Lita...slap a wig on punk and have him call her Matt.   Let's do this on RAW!

future requests: He's Chyna/she's all of RTC.  He's me, she's me.  He's Luger, she's me.  You know what, just randomize him and leave her on "me"  HOLD MY CALLS!!!!!"

How would AJ react if a "fan" tried to get her to autograph a copy of that cartoon?

It's gonna happen ... some douche funny-in-his-own head fuck is gonna give it a shot.  This isn't "get Rob Liefield to autograph a copy of 'How to Draw the Marvel Way'" though, since it's not going to be amusing when it happens.

• Like 1

I just can't help but feel like the bar in WWE has been lowered to such a degree that the Pay-Per-View last night is seen as decent-to-good instead of for the mediocrity that it was.

This is the fucking internet, we're internet wrestling fans. We have a stereotype to live up to, you fuckin' jobbers.

The main event failed to deliver. They slapped on Kofi Vs. The Miz, which no one wanted to see. They slapped on Brodus Clay Vs. R-Truth, which no one wanted to see. There were two different three-on-one handicap matches, which could have been done on RAW (as we've seen them do similar as recently as just a few weeks ago). A Big E/Sandow shitfest. The Divas match wasn't anything special, not terrible but nothing to write home about. The tag match, fuck, all the Goldust/Cody matches are SUPER fucking overrated, especially here. I actually read a few people saying they were anticipating Rhodes Bros. Vs. Show/Rey. WHAT!? A fat, slow & old Show with a fat, slow & old Mysterio with no knees against Cody, who still sucks & 44-year-old Dustin Rhodes in a stupid-ass outdated gimmick.

I just don't fucking get it anymore, man. Whatever happened to being bitter & shitting on the terrible-ass shows & the roster? It was more fun to read that. This love fest where everyone acts like John Cena owns cause he busts his ass & that Goldust is an uber star because he works hard...fuck that, man. I wanna see compelling TV & bigger than life superstars not the same dude on top for a decade & has-beens from the past not being able to hang it up. Can't wait for Mania to be built around Triple H & The Undertaker. YEAH BUDDY.

/pessimism

If you don't get how awesome the Goldust comeback has been, I'm not sure I can help you. He was amazing at playing FIP last night. Show did every little last thing right in his segment vs Axel too and the Rey vs Cody stuff was probably the best Cody's looked all year. 

I'm watching $5 Dollar Wrestling Straight out of Compton... And while it is funny because "LOLZ, these guys can't work," and Marty Derosie and Colt are fairly funny, it seems almost mean spirited when Freight Train comes out.

Maybe i'm being a little over sensitive, but is everyone in on the joke except Freight Train?

No.  Do a board search on "Freight Train".  This has come up more than once in the last few months, I think.

• Like 1

How would AJ react if a "fan" tried to get her to autograph a copy of that cartoon?

It's gonna happen ... some douche funny-in-his-own head fuck is gonna give it a shot.  This isn't "get Rob Liefield to autograph a copy of 'How to Draw the Marvel Way'" though, since it's not going to be amusing when it happens.

You guys are thinking too small. If they're in a smark town tonight, someone is going to show up with that picture blown up as a sign.

No.  Do a board search on "Freight Train".  This has come up more than once in the last few months, I think.

Yes it has.  Myself and a couple of others have touched on it.