DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

So the current girlfriend of a guy heard an ex-girlfriend of her man call him a "fuck face" & got defensive about it? Yeah, that seems normal to me. Of course, I'm from the mid-West. It's nothing buy psycho drama here.

A normal reaction would be:

"Hey, Phil. Did she just call you 'fuck face'? What the hell is that about???"

"Oh, we're old friends. It's a weird term of endearment. She says it to everyone."

"Oh, OK."

"Can we talk about everyone hating me in OVW again and how amazing I am?"

That would be an abnormally ideal and rational reaction. I have never ever ever dated a woman who would react anywhere near in that ideal way. Usually it would be:

smile smile smile...small talk, blah blah...

and then later that night...

"So, good show tonight, huh?"

"Yeah i think we..>SO BLONDIE SEEMS TO BE SUPER INTO YOU HUH??????"

"Uh....well it's been awhile but>>>>SO IS SHE LIKE TEXTING YOU AND SHIT???"

"I haven't really heard from her in>>>>>WELL SHE'S A TOTAL BITCH I COULD TELL"

"We ended things okay, I'd like to think we're still>>>>YEP TOTAL BITCH! YOU DODGED A BULLET HEY LET ME SEE YOUR PHONE FOR A MINUTE>.>>>I JUST NEED TO CHECK SOME SETTINGS AND STUFF"

7/10 on the "Greggulator tells stories of his ex's" scale.

The one thing that has never happened to me was two girls fighting over me or a psycho ex trying to ruin my life months later. They attempted to ruin my life at the time of the relationship. I made sure I handled the break-ups so poorly/magnificently that the other person hated my guts so much they essentially erased me from their lives like Eternal Sunshine. Single guys: That's a policy worth considering.

But I have friends in their mid-30s who have dated girls barely able to drink. AJ fits the mold perfectly well.

• Like 3

For what it's worth -- that Lita/AJ cartoon has been around for about a month now. I remember seeing it float around Tumblr in early November, so it wasn't something necessarily drawn by anybody backstage in the WWE. It seems that certain people online here and other places are thinking that's the case...

Not shocked by that, as it is an obvious joke.

For what it's worth -- that Lita/AJ cartoon has been around for about a month now. I remember seeing it float around Tumblr in early November, so it wasn't something necessarily drawn by anybody backstage in the WWE. It seems that certain people online here and other places are thinking that's the case...

Fair point, but it's still not very professional to pass it around the company, which was apparently what was happening.

Also, what would be the best area for an ultimately-doomed regional fed? My first guess? the Midland/Lubbock/Amarillo corridor (or somehow get on TV in Amarillo/Lubbock/Midland/Wichita Falls/Abilene/San Angelo, and watch your talent burn massive amounts of gas every week). A lot of the indy feds are either in metro areas with no real exposure, or smaller areas with no real exposure. So no matter what, unless you have some way to get on TV, you're not getting on TV

I've always thought a regional lucha fed could work somewhere, but I dunno.

Also, what would be the best area for an ultimately-doomed regional fed? My first guess? the Midland/Lubbock/Amarillo corridor (or somehow get on TV in Amarillo/Lubbock/Midland/Wichita Falls/Abilene/San Angelo, and watch your talent burn massive amounts of gas every week). A lot of the indy feds are either in metro areas with no real exposure, or smaller areas with no real exposure. So no matter what, unless you have some way to get on TV, you're not getting on TV

I've always thought a regional lucha fed could work somewhere, but I dunno.

there'd be enough areas to make that idea work with Spanish-language media outside of the obvious areas. Although the catch would involve if the fans would show up for just any wrestling or if stars would be required.

Every once and awhile we see listings for American shows on KrisZ's schedules. But they're in NYC/Chicago/LA. Not in West Texas or Hidalgo or Yuma or wherever

The cliched saying is "don't shit where you eat," but we've probably all either done it, tried it or considered it, at least.

Punk's got a bad case of the runs where he eats.

Thinkin' about it, he's just one of those movie-star types who can't date regular people, only other movie or music stars. He's the John Mayer of professional wrestling.

• Like 2

on checking the WWE events schedule, I found that they're in KC at 1pm on Super Bowl Sunday. If only the heels had any material to rile up KC people that afternoon (coughOneAndDonecough). Fortunately they decided to give RAW/SD to Omaha and Des Moines for February 3rd/4th. No risk of the Omaha Nighthawks Super Bowl parade causing the WWE to move anything

The cliched saying is "don't shit where you eat," but we've probably all either done it, tried it or considered it, at least.

Thinkin' about it, he's just one of those movie-star types who can't date regular people, only other movie or music stars. He's the John Mayer of professional wrestling.

I imagine it's much more difficult to maintain a relationship with someone sitting at home that you rarely see than it is to maintain with someone you are able to spend more time with.

• Like 1

I imagine it's much more difficult to maintain a relationship with someone sitting at home that you rarely see than it is to maintain with someone you are able to spend more time with.

I'd be down for this concept, if it wasn't that Punk seems to have trouble maintaining relationships with someone that he's able to spend more time with.  Dude seems to approach women in the bizness like Jay in "Clerks" going to that party ("I'll fuck anything that moves!").

But it hasn't worked out badly for him, just the women. So why should he stop?