DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Anytime I see a face tattoo I think of Mike Tyson "Anyone with a face tattoo has gone as far in life as they want to go" 

As a tattoo collector, it utterly bums me out how face/neck/hand tattoos are as popular as they've been - but at least hand/neck tattoos can still look kinda rad, whereas face tattoos ALWAYS look like trash. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Had a friend ask me if I knew anything about the rumor that TK wants to buy New Japan.

😮

I’ve been wondering for a while if they were looking to take over NJPW Strong and combine it with ROH.

On 9/22/2023 at 6:58 PM, Coletti said:

As a tattoo collector, it utterly bums me out how face/neck/hand tattoos are as popular as they've been - but at least hand/neck tattoos can still look kinda rad, whereas face tattoos ALWAYS look like trash. 

Neck tattoos can still look rad...and then there's Cody's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 赤い竜 said:

AEW media call info highlights

Tony said there won't be PPV's every month 

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/tony-khan-aew-media-call-jade-cargill-adam-cole-status-end-of-an-era-comments

How is this quote a denial of that?:

He said he's never said AEW will move to one PPV a month. He isn't sure what the right number is while saying there is more appetite for AEW content.

To me that says maybe they will maybe they won’t. It’s not a definitive no.

Apparently the reason why Serena Deeb hasn't been on TV for over a year is, she brought her husband (Marty Scurll) to the show, and was then sent home and told to stay away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

Apparently the reason why Serena Deeb hasn't been on TV for over a year is, she brought her husband (Marty Scurll) to the show, and was then sent home and told to stay away.

Wtf I didn't know she was married to Scurll!! Fack she was always my favorite too. Sad she's decided to stand by him given her pubic persona of speaking out against the mistreatment of women in wrestling. 

*Edit* on the flipside it doubly sucks that Deeb and Kendrick are not above the laws of decency in AEW's eyes while Ospreay and Saraya clearly are. Guess you have to have a sufficient amount of clout before TK takes umbrage with your hateful behavior/associations.

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

He said he's never said AEW will move to one PPV a month. He isn't sure what the right number is while saying there is more appetite for AEW content.

i kind of wonder if we end up with 12 PPVs a year regardless: 8 AEW + 3 ROH + Forbidden Door, or something like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Wtf I didn't know she was married to Scurll!! Fack she was always my favorite too. Sad she's decided to stand by him given her pubic persona of speaking out against the mistreatment of women in wrestling. 

*Edit* on the flipside it doubly sucks that Deeb and Kendrick are not above the laws of decency in AEW's eyes while Ospreay and Saraya clearly are. Guess you have to have a sufficient amount of clout before TK takes umbrage with your hateful behavior/associations.

Yeah, this. Sad stuff on all sides. 

Watching Dynamite, I remembered that Saraya's last beau was fucking Del Rio and thought "man, she really can pick em". It's shitty. Hopefully someone can be the HHH that stands up and says it can't continue if things really start going south with this new jagoff -- and if you haven't read up on this dude, trust me, he's about as low as it gets.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Just Adam Bay Bay said:

Wait a damn…

Are we just gonna gloss over this blatant gimmick infringement? Let me get this straight; after making the grievous, incredibly amusing misstep of accusing me of being Dave Bautista (and I think I speak for everyone when I, Dave Bautista, say, ‘thank you for that,” are you now, in an attempt to alleviate your own blunder, accusing yourself of being Adam Cole? Is that what this is? You should’ve thought this through. You gotta wear this scarlet “L” for the next six months, my Little Friend. In the immortal words of Detective Bunk Moreland; “this is some shameful shit.”

28 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Do either of you realise how fucking pathetic you come off? 

I mean, yeah. Then I realize it’s the Internet and I couldn’t care less. A lot of people seemed to enjoy the Bautista thing. If one goof I’ve never interacted with thinks it comes off as pathetic… yeah, I can live with that. Go off though, king.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Years from now, we'll find out that Drew and his Little Friend are actually just one person running two accounts.

I thought that was a good probability when this stuff started up but it’s gone on long enough that I don’t think it’s a work, unless they worked themselves into a shoot with themselves.