DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

People have been floating lots of ideas. Some are better than others.

1. I don't think they're going to MJF vs Punk yet for All Out
  2. If they were on the idea it was Title vs Title then if Cole beat MJF then it should be Cole vs Punk
  3. BUT if people are absolutely set on it, I like the idea that Kingdom/Roddy help Cole win seemingly without his knowledge or against his wishes at All In and then Cole helps MJF win without his knowledge or against his wishes at All Out and then you have a crazy dynamic with each guy having a title and nothing being clean between them moving into fall, including reason to do Cole vs Punk.
  • Like 1

We got time but other than MJF vs. Cole (which I'm assuming leads to something for Punk at All Out? maybe?) the rest of the card or rumored card is looking like a glorified Dynamite. 

Yeah,  the tickets are already sold. Yeah, it's gonna look cool with 80,000 fans.  But shouldn't Tony be trying to put the best card he can out there?  

25 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We got time but other than MJF vs. Cole (which I'm assuming leads to something for Punk at All Out? maybe?) the rest of the card or rumored card is looking like a glorified Dynamite. 

Yeah,  the tickets are already sold. Yeah, it's gonna look cool with 80,000 fans.  But shouldn't Tony be trying to put the best card he can out there?  

Danielson injured. Hayter injured. Pac injured. Stings not retiring. G1 doesn’t end until next week. I think it’s unfair at best at this point to say he isn’t trying to make this the best card he can. I agree that more should have been built up earlier, but I’ll reserve judgement until I see the final card (and then see the show). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Name some matches (other than Punk vs Elite or Omega vs Ospreay) you’d want to see.

If they’re really going with Omega vs Takeshita, Jericho vs Ospreay, and some version of Mox vs Cassidy, those are some of the biggest matches they can put on right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Name some matches (other than Punk vs Elite or Omega vs Ospreay) you’d want to see.

If they’re really going with Omega vs Takeshita, Jericho vs Ospreay, and some version of Mox vs Cassidy, those are some of the biggest matches they can put on right now. 

What are Hangman & Jay White doing for All In? Why not reward Athena with a World title shot? 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I'm not going to name Punk vs. Elite because that's another situation where Tony should have stepped up and said 'do it'.  It's his company.  What's best for the company is these people to be facing each other but I'm not going to say that needed to happen.  

Omega vs. Ospreay III definitely should be happening here. It's in London. Ospreay is the hometown hero. They are 1-1 over the past 8 months.  One match was held on a New Japan show.  The other match was held on a co-promoted event.  You would think Tony would want the rubber match to happen on his turf?  And what better place to do it than in front of 80,000 fans screaming for Ospreay?  

Punk vs. Joe is going to be a good match but if they are doing it here then why do it a month beforehand on TV?  

So what is Omega doing?  Maybe he's facing Takeshita but why isn't it being built on TV currently?  

What's Hangman doing? He's a big name.  What's Jay White doing?   Maybe they could fight each other.    

6 hours ago, wpdougie2180 said:

What are Hangman & Jay White doing for All In? Why not reward Athena with a World title shot? 

So you weren’t looking for Goldberg vs Wardlow or LA Park vs RUSH for the hair for the biggest show ever. You just want some more stuff they might do anyway. Got it.

A day later than expected, but I got both All In and All Out from FITE this morning. This ended up costing me about the price of an actual PPV, which I obviously wouldn't be paying, but this two for the price of one "deal" is fine. Let's not make a habit out of it, though. 

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm not going to name Punk vs. Elite because that's another situation where Tony should have stepped up and said 'do it'.  It's his company.  What's best for the company is these people to be facing each other but I'm not going to say that needed to happen.  

Omega vs. Ospreay III definitely should be happening here. It's in London. Ospreay is the hometown hero. They are 1-1 over the past 8 months.  One match was held on a New Japan show.  The other match was held on a co-promoted event.  You would think Tony would want the rubber match to happen on his turf?  And what better place to do it than in front of 80,000 fans screaming for Ospreay?  

Punk vs. Joe is going to be a good match but if they are doing it here then why do it a month beforehand on TV?  

So what is Omega doing?  Maybe he's facing Takeshita but why isn't it being built on TV currently?  

What's Hangman doing? He's a big name.  What's Jay White doing?   Maybe they could fight each other.    

This board already has one Vile One account. We don't need a bootleg Vile One account.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

What's the point of having a money mark as an owner if he doesn't offer Tapia some serious money to lose his mask on his show? 

A real money mark goes after something like that with the intention of running maybe a handful of shows and with no intention of making ANY money back. For Tony to use Park at this point, Park would have to lose his mask and then disintegrate into thin air never to be seen again. Think Royal Rumble 1994 casket match but like real life and probably not floating up to Heaven.

Didn't WWE just go through Mexico? What's stopping them from doing a one off match like that and pop a great gate or at least add on to what they already have? That would get huge publicity for them. 

53 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Didn't WWE just go through Mexico? What's stopping them from doing a one off match like that and pop a great gate or at least add on to what they already have? That would get huge publicity for them. 

Literally every single thing that makes WWE WWE.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3