DVDVR Message Board

THE STRIKE

JLSigman

On 7/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, AxB said:
  1. "I know it's a difficult time for the actors and the writers," Seth said at LAX this week. "I believe they're doing the right thing asking for what they deserve. I stand by them.

"But it is a fortunate part of not being part of a union that we're able to still perform and, for our audiences and people who may not be familiar, now they get the opportunity to tune in and see what we're all about."
    -Seth Rollins

Talking out both sides of your mouth while lovingly tonguing corporate balls takes an incredible amount of talent.

Also, "well there's no new TV...let's check out this pro wrestling thing!" said nobody, ever.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

I mean, I did have the thought the other day, "Fuck Zaslav, I'll just watch WCW Worldwide on Youtube exclusively in solidarity." 

Not that I expect Seth Rollins to have any sort of class consciousness whatsoever, but at least stop at "I stand by them." 

21 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Talking out both sides of your mouth while lovingly tonguing corporate balls takes an incredible amount of talent.

Also, "well there's no new TV...let's check out this pro wrestling thing!" said nobody, ever.

A pandemic that brought scripted, reality, AND sports television to a sudden halt didn’t bring more eyes to pro wrestling, who thinks a strike will do it?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

A pandemic that brought scripted, reality, AND sports television to a sudden halt didn’t bring more eyes to pro wrestling, who thinks a strike will do it?

Seriously!  This is some real Vince McMahon "WE HAVE SANTINO!" thinking, like non-fans who miss decent scripted TV will suddenly decide to take a leap of faith on dudes fake fighting in their underwear and doing sub community theater skits because "WWE offers comedy, drama, and action all right here!  What more could they want?"

And I'm not even really getting to the incredible tone deafness of Seth's "good thing we don't have a union and can still offer entertainment to the masses" shit.  What an absolute douche.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, Super Ape said:

Even more amazingly, WWE started picking up business after pretty much everything came back from the pandemic.

• Like 2

Mentioned in the discord, but Steven Amell is a scabby lil bitch. "I support my union, but I don't support strikes"

e: edited bc people were saying he was promoting Heels on his socials, which would be against strike rules, but I can't see evidence if he has lately, other than his banner and pfp on Twitter. Don't know if those qualify as promoting but I guess they do in spirit

Either way, not very Green Arrow of him

Edited by elizium

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Mentioned in the discord, but Steven Amell is a scabby lil bitch. "I support my union, but I don't support strikes"

e: edited bc people were saying he was promoting Heels on his socials, which would be against strike rules, but I can't see evidence if he has lately, other than his banner and pfp on Twitter. Don't know if those qualify as promoting but I guess they do in spirit

Either way, not very Green Arrow of him

In the video he danced just as close to the line without crossing it was he could, saying something about being frustrated he can't promote "my new show that just premiered last night"

So to the people hating on Stephen Amell do you have any issues with Greta Gerwig promoting Barbie or is that different, because she was granted permission? To me if the unions are going to let directors promote things then the actors should be given the same freedom especially ones that serve as EPs of their shows or movies.

I think if it’s wrong for him then it’s wrong for everyone not oh let’s make an exception for a director of the highest grossing film of the year (which it certainly will be by the time it’s done).

My issue with him is coming out and saying he doesn't agree with the strike. He is welcome to think that and is probably one of many in SAG that do. But the fact is that he is in the union and should publicly support them or keep his mouth shut. Coming out and saying you're against the strike does nothing but undermine your own union's bargaining position. Collective action demands collective solidarity.

I don't think Gerwig should be out doing promotion, but she is also a part of the DGA, which is not on strike.

• Like 3