DVDVR Message Board

THE STRIKE

JLSigman

14 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Does The Crow count?

Not really, IMO. They didn't use AI or anything like that to replace Brandon. For the broken mirror shot they just re-used already existing footage, and the few times we're seeing the stunt double run around we actually never see his face.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Not really, IMO. They didn't use AI or anything like that to replace Brandon. For the broken mirror shot they just re-used already existing footage, and the few times we're seeing the stunt double run around we actually never see his face.

Correct.   With the gaps in footage caused by the tragedy, it is a miracle that The Crow even made it to post production.

Alex Proyas made the call to cut out all of the Skull Cowboy materiel because there wasn't enough of it to give coherency to the overall narrative of the film.  Quite a few members of the Crow fandom believe that Alex wanted a shorter runtime and sacrificed the Skull Cowboy content to get it, but that is not true.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Apparently those trees are property of the city, and the studio didn't actually have legal permission to trim them like that.

1. "I know it's a difficult time for the actors and the writers," Seth said at LAX this week. "I believe they're doing the right thing asking for what they deserve. I stand by them.

"But it is a fortunate part of not being part of a union that we're able to still perform and, for our audiences and people who may not be familiar, now they get the opportunity to tune in and see what we're all about."
    -Seth Rollins

whatever happened to Andrew Yang (i think?) pushing for WWE to stop claiming their wrestlers are "independent contractors"? i wonder how a change in employment status [i don't know if this is the correct term. i am not trying to imply that Rollins should be fired, just that he should be covered as an actual employee] would change Mr. Rollins' takes on this subject matter.

He stopped caring about WWE unions when New Yorkers didn't fall for his techbro bullshit and crown him Emperor of New York City.

Anyway, SAG has approved 39 productions to go ahead.  They're all being done by independent studios, including A24 (none of which are part of AMPTP).  

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/sag-aftra-independent-projects-waivers-1235673546/

• Like 4

Mostly Yang thought he was going to get the Secretary of Labor post from Biden and and when he didn't he started his own third way party and... Yeah probably shouldn't say more here. A strike is inherently political but this would be pushing it.

10 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I saw the other dat that the Jesus movie was continuing.

It's not a movie - it is a TV series (The Chosen) in its 4th season

It should be noted that some of the things that are receiving waivers are already finished filming but they need to waive to allow for promotion

11 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Update: Universal is being fined $250 for the trimming. The city controller cited outdated laws limiting the penalties that could be issued. 

Bah.

Well, the bad publicity is eternal.