DVDVR Message Board

July 2023 Wrestling Discussion

just found a new Wrestler name typo

a newspaper article referring to "Ox Backer".. an even worse typo when it's a Kansas City newspaper and Ox is Sedalia, also Ox being a really known wrestler in general, and it not being an obvious "misheard a phone call" typo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

just found a new Wrestler name typo

a newspaper article referring to "Ox Backer".. an even worse typo when it's a Kansas City newspaper and Ox is Sedalia, also Ox being a really known wrestler in general, and it not being an obvious "misheard a phone call" typo

I always loved the newspaper misspellings. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch in 1987 gave us wrestling results from Brad Hart, Bingo Warrior, Cowboy Bob Gordon, and Rockin' Robin somehow became Rockin' Lilly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So, she couldn't just walk back to the beach which she appears to be like two feet from? Instead, she texts Taker to come out there and stand between her and the shark? I'm so confused. This just screams of "content" for McCool's instagram or whatever.

• Like 1

Daily Star is the most tabloid of the tabloids. Not far off National Enquirer. Although Taker does seem to have shoot scared that shark away, so maybe it is legit journalism after all.

Edited by Leonidas

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I guarantee you, he believes he has powers that he cannot reveal to the outside world.

I knew there was a reason why John Tenta never faced the Undertaker

(Could the Undertaker do a zombie sit-up to avoid the Earthquake splash or would that be too obvious?)

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Why does MJF have the handwriting of a 4 year old?

That looks like the kind of writing when you get a pen and a piece of paper put into your hands but you don't have any desk or similar as base (or whatever the correct word is here, I don't like the translations my dictionary gives me).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robert S said:

That looks like the kind of writing when you get a pen and a piece of paper put into your hands but you don't have any desk or similar as base (or whatever the correct word is here, I don't like the translations my dictionary gives me).

My handwriting is worse whether I am writing on a solid surface or not, and I don't have a learning disability. I was never blessed with immaculate handwriting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

My handwriting is worse whether I am writing on a solid surface or not, and I don't have a learning disability. I was never blessed with immaculate handwriting.

I have been asked by more than one teacher if I am related to Egyptians because my handwriting looks like hieroglyphs. But at least since I finished University, I sometimes considered my bad handwriting even as a blessing. I have been in more than one meeting where I could scribble down notes without having to fear that the people around me could read them, i.e. no filter is necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1