DVDVR Message Board

Forbidden Door II - 6/25/2023

The Natural

I know, right? Last year’s show sucked and felt like it took 10 hours! It wasn’t one of the best shows of the year or anything with a comparable amount of matches.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Fuck that, let Roddy Strong sub in for Cole and give us a BANGER. 

My immediate thought was “that huge roster and how many people get paid to sit in catering and you can’t find a sub?”

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Casey said:

This is how the Forbidden Door curse starts. 

Hopefully this isnt the reverse of last year.  Last year was an extremely cursed show with injuries and orher BS and turned into one of the best shows last year   This is probably the only issue so far.  Well except for KENTA

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Aw, man! I was seriously looking forward to watching Adam Cole being allowed to shit all over another legit actual bad ass’s credibility with his nonsense. That’s a real shame…

While I think they would have had a fun match, with Cole out I get not replacing him. 14 matches is a lot. The main reason for the match (Cole) isn't cleared, we kinda don't need a match from a NJPW Strong wrestler who has had 2 minutes total of TV time on AEW's C show. Filthy Tom vs Roderick Strong would be DOPE. But not when you have 13 more matches and there isn't really a need for this match (and in honesty addition by subtraction means a whole lot more than stuffing Roddy on would), then yeah I think this is the right move.

Most looking forward to the two main events, El Phantasmo vs Stu, & seeing if MJF can carry Tanahashi to something fun. Listen Tanahashi is a legend and deserves his flowers. But he's basically Wrestlemania 17 Iron Sheik immobile out there and it makes me sad. That's not how he deserves to be remembered. He should be limited to a Sting role whee he's in tags and doesnt have to sprint or work main event style alone for 20+ minutes anymore.

• Like 3

Well, Lawful Jr and I are at the theater and looks like there’s maybe a handful of other people here but this is a big big screen and probably gonna be pretty awesome. 

never quite caught up and I have no idea what the card looks like beyond Okada / Brian and Kenny / Ospreay so we’ll see. Hopefully no Adam Cole match

• Like 2

Kenny can fuck off for ruining a spectatuclar for his 5 minutes of masturbation.

Bryan's fake out was probably the fastest I've seen a hot crowd go ice fucking cold ever.

• Like 2