DVDVR Message Board

April 2023 Wrestling Discussion

On 4/18/2023 at 9:45 PM, Dog said:

Did we ever get the full story of what's going on with Roxanne Perez? Was the whole medical/ladder drama a way to get the title off her without beating her?

Meltzer and Alvarez seemed to think it was just storyline.  I haven’t heard anyone suggest differently.

if it was storyline, meh.  Didn’t really see the logic of doing the angle when they could have simply put her in the multi-woman title match and gotten the same result without DRAMA.  Stripping her of the belt seemed odd since she was off tv for a month or less.

Former TNA Star Told She Can Move Forward With Lawsuit Against Dozens Of Defendants, Including WWE & Impact Personalities And The NWA, Among Others

Former TNA and WWE developmental star Trenesha "Rhaka Khan" Biggers filed a lawsuit back in October 2022 before The U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, claiming a conspiracy against her in relation to an ongoing Texas criminal case listing, among others, as defendants: The Rock, WWE personalities The Miz and Maryse, current Impact Wrestling star Heath Miller, WWE Hall of Famer Nikki Bella, the late Chris Benoit, former WWE talent Mark Jindrak, the now-defunct Florida Championship Wrestling, Steve Keirn, The National Wrestling Alliance, NWA President Billy Corgan, the now-defunct Deep South Wrestling, Jim Cornette, Mick Foley, and countless others.

The lawsuit alleges that the defendants all "conspired to kidnap plaintiff and her children." There had been no movement on the case for months, but court records now indicate that in February, Biggers was authorized to move forward with the lawsuit with pre-paying any court fees. Court records indicate she notified by mail of this developmental in March at a home address she lists in New York City on the lawsuit. The 48-page lawsuit shows Biggers seeking $3 billion in damages. The majority of the filing is a long list of defendants, some of whom are listed multiple times.

Biggers had been posting videos to YouTube in relation to her criminal case, claiming her indictment was "fake" but later made the videos private.
Truly a loaded case…

Edited by GuerrillaMonsoon
  • Sad 1

The State of Texas, The El Paso Child Protective Services, the FBI, The Las Cruces, New Mexico Police Department, The NYPD, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, New York ACS, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., Shirley Police Department, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Suffolk County NY, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, The Miz and Maryse, Heath Miller, Nikki Bella, Chris Benoit, Mark Jindrak, Panda Energy (the now-defunct company that owned TNA), Home Depot, Florida Championship Wrestling (also now defunct), Steve Keirn, The NWA, Billy Corgan, Deep South Wrestling (defunct), Bank of America, Michael Jordan, several universities, Jim Cornette, Mick Foley, New York City area energy company Con Edison and more.

Starship Coyote, Invader 1 and 2 were unable to be served I imagine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I didn't know (or had forgotten)  that Lawler drew the face of the Ayatollah on the Iron Sheik's flag in the mid 80s.

But did he draw Tommy Rich's face on the FBI flag?

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

truly bizarre. 

i'm equally horrified, curious, and perplexed as to what her story/claims are. Not enough to try wading through youtube videos or anything, but it is truly a WTF scenario.

I remember seeing a shoot interview with Awesome Kong/Kia Stevens briefly talking about babysitting Trenesha's kids at one point. It seems like she would kinda pawn off her kids on some of her friends/co-workers and didn't really give a fuck.

This seems like anyone who hung around my children or knew about them tried to kidnap them. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess she's unwell; let's hope this is the worst of it, and wish for the best for the kids.

Yeah there are strong untreated BPD vibes there.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 9:49 AM, Shartnado said:

I think even that lying turd was savvy enough to mean 400 DATES a year, instead of actual days, but who the hell knows anymore?

If this is to be believed - 253 matches was his busiest year in 1980. March being the busiest month - doing 30 matches in 31 days.

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=39&bild=1&details=4&liga=0

• Thanks 1

So out of curiosity (and I was actually stunned to see this is true) which 33 year old wrestler would you rather have as a star in your promotion: Adam Cole or Grayson Waller? 

Anyone that’s read my posts in the AEW section knows who I’d choose, but before now I’d thought Waller had decent potential for a young guy. Seeing his age tells me that he’s never hitting it big since he’s still not really hit his stride in NXT, and his gimmick wouldn’t get him much of anywhere on the main roster. With that said I’m not going to be shocked if they hot potato the NXT title onto him this coming Tuesday, and call Melo up as part of the draft (along with Bron Breakker).

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

So out of curiosity (and I was actually stunned to see this is true) which 33 year old wrestler would you rather have as a star in your promotion: Adam Cole or Grayson Waller? 

Grayson Waller seems like the obvious choice.

Of course, bear in mind I have no idea who Grayson Waller is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, LF2 said:

Anyone that’s read my posts in the AEW section knows who I’d choose, but before now I’d thought Waller had decent potential for a young guy. Seeing his age tells me that he’s never hitting it big since he’s still not really hit his stride in NXT, and his gimmick wouldn’t get him much of anywhere on the main roster. With that said I’m not going to be shocked if they hot potato the NXT title onto him this coming Tuesday, and call Melo up as part of the draft (along with Bron Breakker).

That’s the dude they stuck with the “woke” gimmick?

Extra note from the Iron Sheik A&E Biography: if any of his daughters had ended up working in NXT with a "I'm the daughter of a Hall of Famer but i'm using a different name" gimmick, they'd probably end up becoming Latina in NXT despite being the daughter of a Iranian and a Minnesotan.

There's a section of the world where a portion of America can't easily distinguish between someone who is Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Israeli, or Arab (or in this case, Half-Persian/Iranian)

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Mohammed Hassan says yo. 

The terrorist angle with Muhammad Hassan and his masked followers choking the Undertaker with piano wire airing after the 7th of July 2005 terrorist bombings in London was one of the most despicable things WWE/Vince McMahon's ever done. Think of the ground that covers.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3