DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

Not to get too speculative, but that final trailer, it’s tag line, the fact the Marvels drops the same day as the Loki S2 finale, and those leaks/reports that Marvel is looking to bring back the original Avengers could be lining up for some surprise big reveal.

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

According to insider Daniel Richtman, Jake Gyllenhaal is now Marvel's first choice to play Reed Richards.

I can see it...but I don't want that to happen as Jake Gyllenhaal is my only choice for Bruce Wayne/Batman in the new DCU.

43 minutes ago, The Natural said:

According to insider Daniel Richtman, Jake Gyllenhaal is now Marvel's first choice to play Reed Richards.

I can see it...but I don't want that to happen as Jake Gyllenhaal is my only choice for Bruce Wayne/Batman in the new DCU.

But he was already Mysterio, right?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

But that Mysterio was from another universe,right?

No, he turned out to be just another tech dude who had an axe to grind with Stark Industries, and he used drone illusions to appear like he was from another universe. Gee, it seems kind of dumb now that I’m typing it out. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

No, he turned out to be just another tech dude who had an axe to grind with Stark Industries, and he used drone illusions to appear like he was from another universe. Gee, it seems kind of dumb now that I’m typing it out. 

If you wanted to point to a single instance where Marvel started to decline, it would be writing a movie whose plot makes no sense unless you have the meta-knowledge that the MCU was teasing the introduction of a multiverse.

I guess you could also argue that it's true to the comics to have a villain with such an inexplicable, over-complicated plan.

Directed by SJ Clarkson

Starring:

• Dakota Johnson as Cassandra Webb / Madame Web
  • Sydney Sweeney as Julia Carpenter / Spider-Woman
  • Celeste O'Connor as Mattie Franklin
  • Isabela Merced as Anya Corazon
  • Tahar Rahim as Ezekiel Sims

God, if you thought The Marvels looked bad, your bar obviously was not set low enough.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Destin Daniel Cretton is out as director of Kang Dynasty

But he's still at the helm Wonder Man, Shang Chi 2, and the Disney+ show, American Born Chinese.  I think he may have just had too much on his plate, so he stepped away from Kang.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Doing a Madame Web movie without Spiderman is even funnier than doing a Venom movie without Spiderman because at least some people know who Venom is.

Hey, I know who Madame Web is!

She's an old broad with psychic powers.

• Like 2

That Madame Web trailer perfectly encapsulates why making a Madame Web movie is stupid and makes no sense. Madame Web is a soothsayer. She's an oracle. She's not a leading lady. She's not a superhero. She's not even that great of a character. 

Also, why is Ezekiel dressing like Evil Spider-Man?

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is its not like she actually got over her grief and loss in Wandavision. It kind of just transferred to the kids with the extra caveat of her being up corrupted by the Darkhold directly. It seemed like a continuation and conclusion to what started in Wandavision.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1