DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE!- 1/4/2023!

DEAN

First new look episode 

Samoa Joe (c) vs. Darby Allin for the TNT belt

The Acclaimed (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal for the AEW world tag team belts

Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho

Kiera Hogan and Skye Blue vs. Jade Cargill and Red Velvet

AR Fox vs. Swerve Stricklan

Bryan Danielson vs. Soul of a Jobber Tony Nese

Medical update on Hangman

More info about Saraya’s mystery partner

AEW World Champion MJF is contractually obligated to appear.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Little gal enjoys lardilizing!

I usually get the Double with extra A-1 sauce when I go to Five Guys.

Elevation Burger is the fucking bomb.  I wish there was one closer to the 804 than fucking Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax.

• Like 4

Is Wrestle Kingdom gonna be free on AXS this year since they picked up the new deal, or is it gonna be a "we'll parcel this out on TV for the next two months" deal? 

MJF being contractually obligated to appear = sitting in the skybox with his dom, of course. Do you think she puts him in a box like the Gimp in their spare time?

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

• Samoa Joe (c) vs. Darby Allin: The first one was one of my favorite AEW matches of the year and a match that made this Joe run feel like it was worth it. I've probably said it twice, but think back to poncho joe in the rain and then extrapolate forward to the King of TV. It must feel amazing to have a run like this still in him with new opponents and the trust of title belts and getting a reaction. Darby's the perfect opponent to pinball off of him and for him. You know in front of the hometown crowd Darby's going to turn up the notch even higher. Something insane will happen in this match. 
  • The Acclaimed (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal for the AEW world tag team belts: Some real nasty insults in the build here with the last rap. Jarrett knows he has to deliver. You know they're going to do everything they can to get as much heat as possible and the hot tags are going to be explosive. 
  • Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho: Jericho has a massive chip on his shoulder, even after basically the best in-ring year of his career, with a bunch of tweeters getting under his skin lately, even with the Andretti loss. Starks knows that he had his big title match but he has to nail this program. On a physical level, Starks is probably the best fit for Jericho out of all of his opponents of the last year so hopefully they lean into the narrative and just make people feel.
  • Kiera Hogan and Skye Blue vs. Jade Cargill and Red Velvet: Hey, you know who I'm high on? Skye Blue. Did you know that? She has great chemistry with Red Velvet and they'll probably beat the crap out of each other. I imagine Hogan still feels like she has something to prove here too as it's maybe her last chance to make a mark.
  • AR Fox vs. Swerve Strickland: I think this could have main evented a Dynamite in six months with enough build. Instead they're giving it no build at all. I hated Killshot vs Dante Fox! Boy did I ever hate it. But I have faith I'll probably like this to a degree. Probably. Since I like Swerve as a heel a lot more and in his current character. More importantly, a lot of people will love it and I am happy for them. They're going to try to show everyone else up.
  • Bryan Danielson vs. Tony Nese: Speaking of chips on shoulders, Nese has so much to prove here. He's going to give Danielson everything he could possibly want. Hopefully this still gets some time on a stacked card. I think Nese is amazing at showing ass and playing into other people's strengths. I think he's very good at finding the middle ground between getting under people's skin and just wrestling a high workrate cardio fest. I'm looking forward to Danielson interacting with Sterling.
  • All this plus Bock vs Jumbo match 8!

It's really a hell of a show.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 8

Going to see Danielson live after I saw him retire (also live) and thought it was all up for him...

...and he's having a Very Good Match with Tony Nese. Somewhere, the index finger of a cursed monkey's paw curls inward. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is Wrestle Kingdom gonna be free on AXS this year since they picked up the new deal, or is it gonna be a "we'll parcel this out on TV for the next two months" deal? 

They’re going to start with the Kenny Ospreay match in like two weeks. 

They haven't completely forgotten about Darby. He's front-row with Bryan on the poster promoting tickets for the show. Link in the spoiler box.

Sucks that Swerve is so far back while Joe is the third person up front here, but hopefully Swerve will have achieved front-row status by the time they come back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not sure whether or not the AEW Twitter should be clipping some of the latest episode of Jarrett's podcast to promote this show, but that's now the match I'm most excited about on a silly stacked show. Can you imagine not liking this Jarrett in AEW stuff? No way! 

Tuned in expecting JJ diss tracks and left disappointed.

The pods where Jarrett kayfabes it are a no for me dog (he’s Memphis as shit though in that sense and I respect it), but it’s his show and he can do what he wants (and the historical and business eps are generally excellent).

Should be a fun match!

Edited by For Great Justice