DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

So the dream is a Jamie Hayter/Allie toy hunt.

I never got into the Puppet Master toys back in the day but I remember that they made a lot of them. I do have a fair number of 80s toys still, maybe I should reach out to Ethan Page and see if he wants to visit and pick through my collection, and bring Allie.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 1:18 PM, DEAN said:

I love that Jamie Hayter is a complete British weirdo.

Charlie Ramone is a lucky man. And also just as funny as Nyla Rose, too. Next time I'm in Nashville I'm gonna have to check that place out.

• Like 1

Lee Moriarty and El Serpentico did an actual lock-up.  I feel another AEW trend coming on.  Moriarty is definitely gearing up for the Blackpool Combat Club if this match is any indication.  Hey!  It's Danni B!  She's from Houston!  Abadon, the babyface, doesn't take long to dispatch with her, but hopefully she sticks around.  She's good.  Alex Abrahantes is someone that you have to love if you watch Ethan Page's vlog since he is basically cosplaying his love of Power Rangers.  YESSS~!  Brandon Cutler!  The best wrestler in AEW!  Cutler is as good as Fuego del Sol. Hell.  He might be outbumping a NORMAL Fuego match (as opposed to Fuego in against the House of Black, so to speak). On my God, he is so good.  Goll dang you, Frankie Kazarian, why would you end this match just when Cutler was approaching Terry Funk levels of wrestling the whole match alone.  Man, Brandon Cutler is so good.  Awesome!  British weirdo, Jamie Hayter, up against another Texas product, Rache Chanel, who will fucking lay it in.  She had more of a match against Giselle Shaw in IMPACT! this week.  Speaking of guys who should try to join the Blackpool Combat Club, I've seen Sonny Kiss have matches where he worked super stiff.  Openly gay ass stomper?   I think the world is ready.  Madi Wrenkowski and Rache Chanel are one of the craziest tagteams in the Texas indies.  She doesn't get much in versus Hikaru Shida.  The Renegade Twins are proteges of Thunder Rosa and they should start wearing matching TR make-up soon.  They got a little in before the squash comes down.  Rocky Romero is coming off a really good match against Eddie Edwards on IMPACT! last Thursday.  Trent is fucking awesome.  Nick Comoroto is fucking awesome.  Oh, it's QT instead of Nick.  QT is good but less than Nick.  Rocky is a fun Ricky Morton.  Trent is a great Robert Gibson.  Rocky was a babyface on fire trading blows with QT.  Nothing was long enough on the entire show.  AEW does rule though. 

• Like 6

I got half of my Chaos Project wish and half of my Acclaimed wish. Acclaimed are over, and really need a big TV push. They got the biggest pops of the Dark tapings. Second was Aubrey Edwards. 

Like Dean said, all or most, should have been longer, lots of squashes especially for the women. I thought the Caster-Kiss match was the best, and I love Tony booking Kiss (and Nyla) in Texas (quote from a kid behind me “I don’t know if that’s a he or a she but I’m cheering for them”). Second was probably Moriarty and Serpentico, followed closely by the women’s tag and the Roppongi Vice match.

The Kazarian-Cutler match was a fun mix of Cutler comedy spots and Kaz stiff shots. Something AEW needs to think about though, if they haven’t already, is the crowd doing “Let’s Go Brandon” chants because they think they’re clever.

Madi Wrenkowski did double duty and still probably got 3 minutes of total ring time. Crowd likes her, obviously some were familiar with her from the local scene.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leonidas said:

She's slimmed down so much as well. Must be tough to find enough brains to keep the weight on.

Needs to stop hunting around the Texas Capitol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

That was as fun a Monday evening program as I can remember.  I really admire this company's s'uh'low push of Abadon.  Ppl were ready for her ascent, at least, by the Baker bout, but they've wisely let her find her way.  And she will no doubt, one day, reap the benefits of this.  So too the Acclaimed.  I felt a bit of the butterflies at that intro in Austin.  (Great crowd there @JLowe!)  They're gonna be fucking huge!  Getting Caster ready for that spot, rather than shoving him along, is quietly brilliant (at least compared to how the clumsy competition have been doing it for far too long).  These kind of small things are what make TK a truly intuitive booker-man.  Moriarty too, he's good but he's getting more and more ready, and looking like he's gonna be a major player one day.  Dug seeing him here with Serpentico.  SO too the Penta squash.  Rocky Romero has been a lot more fun in the US than I remember him being in more recent (pre-pandy) NJPW (dug this and last week's Impact battle with Edwards).  QT's talents are too often overlooked by the haters.  Speaking of Hayters - Jamie looked fantastic as usual.  Now that's a finisher  - nothing silly, just bring 'em down right on their goddamned heads.  There is nobody on this roster I want to see strapped with gold more than she.  Also, @DEANknows the score on Brandon Cutler, and I think everyone else either does too or is learning.  That guy is fantastic!  Frankie rules too.  Fun show.  Also, Excalibur is a much stronger commentary lead for Sexual Chocolate and Son-of-a-bitch-Paul Wight.  But no disrespect to (the excellent modern day Mean Gene) Schiavone, if I have one request here, as always, it's where r the promo reps?  With or without Skeevone, we need to be regularly getting to the bottom of some of these undercard folks motivations and beefs.  

And shout out to the excellent Rache Chanel!  Can we get her a contract already?  But Instead of 'Rache Chanel Is All Elite' can it maybe be 'Rache Chanel is Honor-able'?  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Haven't had time to check Elevation yet (I may do it back to back with original blend Dark tonight) but I gotta get this off my chest: my hatred of this hat story on BTE is becoming more intense and irrational with every passing week.

I didn't catch the hat story.  I skimmed as I do whenever I watch, which hasn't been for at least six months to a year, but dug this BTE more than I can remember having enjoyed it before.  Dug the SCU bit, the Lethal-Bucks-Madness, Bucks-Hardys and the Omega-Fyter Gamer Dude bit.  Was this week's a bounce back?  I'd been reading how bad it had gotten.   

This week's BTE was just a greatest hits of stuff they've done in the past, old rivalries, and gimmicks. It's hardly even fair to compare it to a normal episode of BTE, since this was the 300th and basically a celebration of that.

Dark was good tonight but, according to cagematch.net, it was recorded on December 28th, 2021.  The best match was Frankie Kazarian vs Kaun because Kazarian is so good and Kaun can supply the offense for Kazarian to sell.  Tay Conti and Shalonce Royal was the second best because Royal is so weird and great and took Conti's eventual assbeating like a queen.  Kiera Hogan and Nyla Rose was the third best match since Nyla gave her a ton.  Emi Sakura did the Freddie Mercury stuff, which was awesome.  AEW WAS AWESOME THREE AND HALF MONTHS AGO!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3