DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

9 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Jack is the Babyface Evil Neville needs.

Yes. But I bet he's not getting his title shot until the UK tour, in May.

I cancelled my Network sub at the end of January. So, yeah, I missed that. They should hold off the title win until he's on home soil, though. If the key to getting guys over is having them be visibly over on TV, Jack Gallagher winning the Cruiserweight title in London should get him a big pop. Which should help to persuade audiences that he's a big deal.

Damn, that was a good show.  Top to bottom, thoroughly entertaining.

I love Kendrick's role of being the cocky veteran who think he's there to knock down the youngsters.  I also love Tajiri's role of misting him whenever he gets a chance.  I can't wait for the day that Tozawa answers Kendrick's offer with a snap German suplex.

The fatal five way was a hell of a lot of fun.  Crowd really got into it which definitely helped.

Great. Cedric is being bogged down with this Alicia/Darr business.

The Daviari vs Ali match was cool. Glad that someone is bringing back the inward 450 after Neville left it in NXT after doing it just once.

Poor Lince Dorado. It must suck being the next Sin Cara when you are better than both Kalisto and Sin Cara. Kendrick gimmick of being slimey condescending Veteran is cool. Tajiri got some great pop and am excited to see what they do with Tozawa and Tajiri and Kendrick. Speaking of which, what happened to Gran Metallik?

5 way elimination was great. Typical cruiserweight action with added Gallagher antics that sweeten the match. TJP is hopeless and should have never been crown champion. Cedric deserves so much more than Noam Dar. Dar was one of the worst in the CWC with most of the guys beneath him having the excuse of being relatively unknown. Cedric arguably had the best match in the tournament and still gets reactions(not Gallagher level but that has more to do with character work rather than ring work). 

6 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Poor Lince Dorado. It must suck being the next Sin Cara when you are better than both Kalisto and Sin Cara. Kendrick gimmick of being slimey condescending Veteran is cool. Tajiri got some great pop and am excited to see what they do with Tozawa and Tajiri and Kendrick. Speaking of which, what happened to Gran Metallik?

They ran a promo on the show that he is debuting next week. 

11 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Great. Cedric is being bogged down with this Alicia/Darr business.

The Daviari vs Ali match was cool. Glad that someone is bringing back the inward 450 after Neville left it in NXT after doing it just once.

5 way elimination was great. Typical cruiserweight action with added Gallagher antics that sweeten the match. TJP is hopeless and should have never been crown champion. Cedric deserves so much more than Noam Dar. Dar was one of the worst in the CWC with most of the guys beneath him having the excuse of being relatively unknown. Cedric arguably had the best match in the tournament and still gets reactions(not Gallagher level but that has more to do with character work rather than ring work). 

What? No. Just... not even close.

• Like 1

Really fun elimination match - I think Cedric will be the guy to beat Neville; Gallagher doesn't need the belt anyway but it will be fun to see him try for it. I thought the 5 way highlighted everybody pretty well, and I actually think it worked out better having Ali in there as an underdog over Nese who might have just been another dude.

I'm just really glad that Mustafa Ali is getting a mostly good reaction, so his promo video and matches seem to be working.  Considering the stuff they did in the past it's nice to see them not doing something stupid just because he's Pakistani.  That and going by his Twitter seems like a really great guy.

The 5-way was lots of fun and I'm happy to see Jack win.  The stuff with the umbrella had me in stitches.  And good on Seattle for being into the match and reacting as strongly as they did.

• Like 1

Noam Dar's evolution from good, if not wholly generic indie wrestler to skin-crawling slimeball (in the best possible way) is amazing. In fact, I feel like 205 Live has done an overall solid job of combining some of the pure wrestling that made the Classic so great with the character-driven elements. As mentioned, Gentleman Jack's been able to flesh out his character, Neville has been top-notch as the pissed-off heel and Kendrick's entitled veteran shtick is great. 

My only complaint is the same as others have voiced in this thread: 205 Live is a good show with a terrible setting. I don't know how they remedy this, but the crowds are brutal by the time Smackdown's done. It's also weird to have the Cruisers on Raw but then 205 Live after Smackdown. I realize Raw needs to fill out three hours, but the division just fits Smackdown more. 

The fix is simple. Put 205 Live on BEFORE Smackdown instead of after it. They used to tape Main Event/Superstars before the shows, so why not 205 Live? The crowd would be more in to the show because it's the first wrestling of the night and they haven't been burned out by a 2 hour show already. Just seems so obvious to me.

• Like 1

I think they Purposely dont want a dead crowd by the time SDLive starts, Even though SD has been the better of the 2 main brands. Im glad Gallagher got on before the UK tourney so he wouldnt the in the WWEUK box and dont get me wrong I'll be all into the UK show.

That was hilarious, especially as I was thinking the same thing just a second before. Metalik's debut wasn't perfect but still went pretty well.

I was also pleased to see them finally have Tozawa speak some English and how it played into that Kendrick segment.

Swann's return against Dar was fun.

Neville vs. TJP was good.

You know that line that Daniel Bryan tiptoes up to and occasionally crosses on Talking Smack? 

Aries bowled through that line with a running dropkick this week. 

Swann: *doing his impression of Dar* Alicia Faaaaawwwwx!!!

Aries: What'd he say she does?

Then the reference to something dribbling down Mauro's chin.

He also had two of the best lines of the night in "That was a lot of work for an arm drag" and "Dar looks like a blind guy you just pulled the sunglasses off of. Have you ever done that?"

• Like 8

I swear my attraction to Alicia Fox is dependent on the differential of how bad her weave looks and how good the rest of her looks.  This week she could have had a live raccoon on her head and she would have still got a thumbs up from me.  

• Like 3

On 2/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, The Iron Yuppie said:

Noam Dar's evolution from good, if not wholly generic indie wrestler to skin-crawling slimeball (in the best possible way) is amazing. In fact, I feel like 205 Live has done an overall solid job of combining some of the pure wrestling that made the Classic so great with the character-driven elements. As mentioned, Gentleman Jack's been able to flesh out his character, Neville has been top-notch as the pissed-off heel and Kendrick's entitled veteran shtick is great. 

My only complaint is the same as others have voiced in this thread: 205 Live is a good show with a terrible setting. I don't know how they remedy this, but the crowds are brutal by the time Smackdown's done. It's also weird to have the Cruisers on Raw but then 205 Live after Smackdown. I realize Raw needs to fill out three hours, but the division just fits Smackdown more. 

The easiest solution is just to make the 2nd hour of RAW the Cruiser Hour.  Lets them cut down on the amount of stuff RAW has to do- and gives them a change of pace.