DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

3 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

I would split Kalisto/Sin Cara and the Outcasts. ...and possibly the Vaudevillians.

I can easily see them splitting one member of the Outcasts off and then the other two remain the comedy heel jobber team

Assuming they are doing like they used to do and be as dickish as possible - they will split up the Usos and put Naomi on which ever side her husband is not

8 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If they break up the Vaudevillains they should just go ahead and release them.

I think the Vaudevillains will be safe from getting split because I don't think WWE even bothers to think about them. Now, I'd be worried about Enzo & Cass and The New Day. 

On a side note, do you think Aiden English thinks everyday that his father-in-law would have been Eddie Fucking Guerrero? I'd feel jipped about that if I were Aiden. 

• Like 1

I was thinking last night that there's a good way to handle tag teams in the draft, but not a route they'll ever go.  If I was creative, I'd frame it that tag teams get drafted as a unit - unless team members agree to be drafted separately.  Kayfabe it that all wrestlers sign contracts agreeing to switch shows after being drafted or something.  That provides a logical way to keep together teams that you want to stay together - New Day - and creates some potential angles with teams splitting up.  For example, if you're splitting Enzo and Cass, run segments where both guys say they want to stay together and refuse to sign any agreement that would let them be drafted separately.  On the night of the draft, have Stephanie draft Enzo and show Cass' shocked reaction as Enzo turns on him and reveals he only said he wasn't going to enter his name in the draft as a singles guy, all the while sucking up to Steph while negotiating a deal under the table.  This way, you split up the team, create a storyline, and launch the guys with a hot angle (hopefully).

As far as splitting up Cass and Enzo, I like Cass, but it feels like it's he's not ready for a singles push.  I can see Enzo surviving a split.  Cass, at this point, reminds me more of Vance Archer than Dave Batista.

Of course, I'm usually wrong when I saw "Surely WWE isn't this short-sighted" so I assume Cass will be main-eventing by Survivor Series.

36 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

I would split Kalisto/Sin Cara and the Outcasts. ...and possibly the Vaudevillians.

25 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

If they break up the Vaudevillains they should just go ahead and release them.

I think Aiden could get over fine, assuming they'd just have him go immediately into his singing Drama King gimmick, with JBL playing the Regal part hyping him up.  Since Gotch's whole gimmick has been as part of the Vaudevillains, his best bet would probably be NXT for a singles run, or if he's lucky, get paired up with a lonely Xavier Woods in a super geek tag team.

23 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I was thinking about the tag teams and how to have tag teams kept as a unit in the draft while keeping the ability to split them up when need be to push someone, and I remembered Dean Ambrose's comment about US Title defense paperwork from a few years back.  They could kayfabe it so where teams can elect to enter the draft as a team by submitting the appropriate paperwork.  When you're ready to split a team up, just come up with a reason why they don't submit the paperwork, and voila.  This would even let them split up the team and keep them on the same roster if they wanted to.  Say... Curtis Axel tells the rest of the Social Outcasts he'll submit the paperwork for everyone, then they realize he lied when he gets drafted to Smackdown individually.  Then Bo gets drafted to Smackdown too, and they feud over the betrayal.

6 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I was thinking last night that there's a good way to handle tag teams in the draft, but not a route they'll ever go.  If I was creative, I'd frame it that tag teams get drafted as a unit - unless team members agree to be drafted separately.  Kayfabe it that all wrestlers sign contracts agreeing to switch shows after being drafted or something.  That provides a logical way to keep together teams that you want to stay together - New Day - and creates some potential angles with teams splitting up.  For example, if you're splitting Enzo and Cass, run segments where both guys say they want to stay together and refuse to sign any agreement that would let them be drafted separately.  On the night of the draft, have Stephanie draft Enzo and show Cass' shocked reaction as Enzo turns on him and reveals he only said he wasn't going to enter his name in the draft as a singles guy, all the while sucking up to Steph while negotiating a deal under the table.  This way, you split up the team, create a storyline, and launch the guys with a hot angle (hopefully).

So this is what it feels like to be on someone's Ignore List.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

So this is what it feels like to be on someone's Ignore List.

Nope.  Sorry.  My bad.  I've only been skimming the thread.  Completely forgot that someone had already said much the same thing.

For the record, no one's on my ignore list.  I only think about adding names during March Madness.

• Like 1

I want it to be like 2002-2005 when they put all of the great workers on Smackdown and basically shit on Raw for 3 years.

Yes, I want AJ Styles and the Club, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Rusev, Finn Balor(when he eventually comes), Samoa Joe, The Miz(I feel like Miz loves wrestling independent sourced popular guys because they bring the best out of him in the ring) Shinsuke Nakamura, and Kota Ibushi to be on Smackdown. Raw can keep John Cena, the Shield members, Dolph Ziggler, and New Day. For good measure, the Women's title is dual branded as well as the WWE Title. Intercontinental Title on Smackdown. US Title on Raw. Tag Teams are only split if tag team has been in existence for at least 2 years(To save D-Von the agony of getting over alone without Bubba and Jimmy and Jey Uso are better off as a tag team). 

4 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I would add the Dudleys and Ascension to that list, too. 

I would wrap the Ascension in newspaper with a handwritten note and leave them on Matt Hardy's front lawn. Broken Matt could figure out something to do with them. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'd be fine with it if they were drafted as "An Uso" and "Another Uso".

There's nothing wrong with the Usos.  Solid wrestlers and kid friendly with the bright colors. If anything, they should be charter members of the Cena Club so they could have saved money on coordinating shirt designs.

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would wrap the Ascension in newspaper with a handwritten note and leave them on Matt Hardy's front lawn. Broken Matt could figure out something to do with them. 

You want to put flaming poo on matt's doorstep after the career revamp we've gotten the last few weeks ?

13 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

You want to put flaming poo on matt's doorstep after the career revamp we've gotten the last few weeks ?

While they are a flaming bag of shit, I was thinking more along the lines of leaving an unwanted baby on a doorstep. 

I'm honestly curious to see what they can do with better gimmicks.  Viktor is a decent worker in a gimmick he's unsuited for, and Konnor has shown brief glimpses of charisma that has to be hidden under a faux-Powers of Pain character.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While they are a flaming bag of shit, I was thinking more along the lines of leaving an unwanted baby on a doorstep. 

Real baby or Reby style fake baby?