DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

I would love to believe guys like Ryback, Cody Rhodes and Adam Rose publicly expressing their frustrations with the WWE would cause Vince McMahon to change, but no fucks are given by him. Welcome to the Roman Reigns Era. Can't wait for the next guy Vince is hot on to get pushed despite the crowd not caring.

19 hours ago, alstein said:

Also Miz can get anyone over- think Miz & Morrison, his world title run (which was deserved), and even getting useless Riley ever.

Totally agree.

Hindsight being 20/20, the MizDow era should have played out much different; Sandow should have turned and sided with Miz. Sandow would have had more opportunities to build up more cache with the audience while playing to his more talented heel side. Then they would have eventually broken the barrier into cool heels leading to a much better transition to face for Sandow while Miz can horde even more heel heat.

Come to think of it, ditto Riley.

Brandi put up a post on her blog about her leaving.

Basically she was planning on leaving at the end of her contract which was up in 2 months but when Cody left, she asked to move up the date and the WWE had no problems doing so.

Apparently she was tired of missing out on other things she wanted to do because her WWE contract wouldn't let her. Specifically - she is going to be a full time blogger now.

So…honestly? I’ve been “leaving” for a couple of months now. The teasing tweets about the LA and NY things? Those were all very real. I have wanted to go for awhile and when I make up my mind, it’s difficult to talk me out of it. What I wanted to do was finish out my contract. It was set to end in 2 months. When my husband decided to go, it seemed silly to stay somewhere for 2 more months that I was already planning on leaving. So I asked WWE if we could push up the contract end date and they obliged. We parted amicably at the end of a contract. I have come full circle. The flexibility of my new gig is pretty nice. I essentially could start whenever I wanted…and I’ll begin in July. Right now I’m just going to be enjoying my life with my family as we head into the next stage. 

But…still working. In entertainment we are always working. This is actually work right now. I am now able to earn a profit as a blogger (which I wasn’t able to do before with WWE).  The contract can be very restricting/limiting. I hate when a good deal floats by because someone tells me I can’t do something. There’s money on the table and fun to be had, and I just can’t?! Just because?! That just gets my goat. I can’t be limited. I followed all of the rules growing up. Now in my 30s I can’t be told what to do anymore. I’m too creative and awesomely weird to hold that shit in. So anyway, I’m working. The blog, traveling for meetings. I can do multiple gigs now so I’m blood thirsty and want to do everything! I’m going “hard in the paint” as they say, and busting my tail. 

http://www.beingbrandirunnels.com/2016/05/free-yo-mind/

That's not an entirely fair stance to take.  By most accounts, the stars approach Creative with new ideas all the time.  But if the writers and Vince decide to ignore them, what else can they do?  They can't force VKM to give them more TV time or better gimmicks.  And if nothing else, WWE pays on time and their checks don't bounce.  Sometimes, you just roll with the punches and try to make the best of the situation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That's not an entirely fair stance to take.  By most accounts, the stars approach Creative with new ideas all the time.  But if the writers and Vince decide to ignore them, what else can they do?  They can't force VKM to give them more TV time or better gimmicks.  And if nothing else, WWE pays on time and their checks don't bounce.  Sometimes, you just roll with the punches and try to make the best of the situation.

That is true.  JTG's second PDF book gives some insight once you look at all the wacky stuff he got into.  Sometimes it's all in who you know and how much they like you enough to give you a shot.  Even with the brand split looming, there's only so many quality spots that can be used on TV.

Ry

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

I kind of wish Ryback would have done this, just to see what would happen:

maxresdefault.jpg

Ryback would have totally gotten a lap dance from Alex Wright.  He was dreamy.

• Like 2

They literally are all the same. They all have the rotten same inflection used for all the same spots. Atrocious. Eden was incredibly attractive though, so I guess she'll be missed. And New Day always had good times teasing her during interviews.

• Like 2