DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

If you told me there was nothing going on between Finn Balor and Bayley, I'd call you a bald-faced liar.

Where's CM Punk and the Grammar Slam when you need it.  What is a bald face?

It's in the dictionary, look it up.

OK:

Simple Definition of bald–faced
Popularity: Bottom 10% of words
  • : easy to see and understand as being bad

• : showing no guilt or shame : not hiding bad behavior

Simple Definition of bold–faced
Popularity: Bottom 10% of words
  • : very obvious and showing no feeling of doing something wrong

• : having thick dark lines : printed in boldface

I really don't get what people dislike about Balor.  He was really good before he got to NXT.

All the physical charisma he has vanishes once the bell rings. And despite spending a couple of years working with people like William Regal, Sami Zayn, Enzo Amore, and others, he still hasn't learned how to translate his natural personality into his ringwork. He still wrestles like he's in Japan. And as good as he was in Japan, I think people expected more out of him by now. 

I really don't get what people dislike about Balor.  He was really good before he got to NXT.

All the physical charisma he has vanishes once the bell rings. And despite spending a couple of years working with people like William Regal, Sami Zayn, Enzo Amore, and others, he still hasn't learned how to translate his natural personality into his ringwork. He still wrestles like he's in Japan. And as good as he was in Japan, I think people expected more out of him by now. 

In Japan, he was a heel gaijin pretty boy with an angry attitude and cocky disposition. His face character completely was the same before he joined Bullet Club. I don't think it is an issue of Balor can't wrestle the WWE which at it's best is awesome and engaging and at it's worst, it is methodical and predictable. I think it is an issue of Balor being a horrible baby face. His antics work better as a heel in spite of him having a natural look as a face. And I think Triple H is aware of that.

Just got a ticket for NXT Charlotte. Pretty excited, even though I'm sitting alone (my one wrestling fan friend couldn't get off of work to go). I'm Floor section 3, row six, seat eight. I'm not too weird, so anybody whose going feel free to say hi.

I promise that I don't want to wear your flesh and become born again in the moonlight while in your flesh.