DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I don't understood why breaking the streak is such a big deal. In both cases (AJ & Nikki), inept booking is what caused the streak happen it the first place. Did all the Maryse fans cry when AJ broken her record?

I'd like to imagine Miz has a daily crying session. Not so much about that as just in general.

More seriously, AJ was champ for so long because none of the rest of the women could get themselves over, (though you're right in that booking didn't help.) Whatever the reason for Nikki's reign, that's certainly not the case right now.

• Like 1

Isn't the whole point to erase AJ from the record books and this is a good opportunity to do it? Cena is just being used as the bogeyman by people who like to gossip.

This is just begging for a photoshop from people more talented than me

Isn't the whole point to erase AJ from the record books and this is a good opportunity to do it? Cena is just being used as the bogeyman by people who like to gossip.

The bogeyman? Is Cena doing a golfer gimmick ala Barry Darsow?

Oh man, a Bogeyman/Kerwin White Feud just writes itself!

They feud over who has better handicap!

James

• Like 1

I'd prefer Rusev gathers an orchestra and forces Cena sit and listen to "Pictures At An Exhibition" by Mussorgsky

Now that would be appointment TV and would finally get Vince that coveted spot on Great Performances he's always craved!

James

I'm all for Stevie Ray addressing The Dudleys as 'sad sack fruit booty suckas' but I don't want to see those guys have a match at WrestleMania much less wrestle each other anywhere.  Maybe put him on commentary during Dudleys matches.  And Scott Steiner too.

"Let me axe you a question, Scotty. Suckas gots to know. What's wrong with this fruit booty Bubba Ray?"

"HE'S FAT!"

• Like 1

I'm all for Stevie Ray addressing The Dudleys as 'sad sack fruit booty suckas' but I don't want to see those guys have a match at WrestleMania much less wrestle each other anywhere.  Maybe put him on commentary during Dudleys matches.  And Scott Steiner too.

"Let me axe you a question, Scotty. Suckas gots to know. What's wrong with this fruit booty Bubba Ray?"

"HE'S FAT!"

Already better than JBL and Saxton. BOOK IT!!!!

• Like 1

This, so much this. I don't like Cena, but I don't think he has anything to do with this. They like erasing people from the record books when they leave the company - see 2004, when Orton beat ______ and became the youngest champion in WWE history, and that erased Lesnar's record. All for, what, a month long reign before Orton lost the belt to Triple H?

It's so petty but that's wrestling.

Maybe it's the optimist in me, but with all of Nikki's bragging about the record, and the Bella-Tron countdown clock, I don't see any possible outcome other than Charlotte beating her for the belt before Nikki becomes the longest champ.

Because there's those who, much like JT with Orton want to just say #FuckNikkiBella  Granted, that could be in the literal sense this time, but it's easy to just say she's everything that's wrong about the division.  That and her pairing with Cena doesn't help matters (see:  HHH with the "Bosses daughter" argument that's been attached to him since the early 00s.

This, so much this. I don't like Cena, but I don't think he has anything to do with this. They like erasing people from the record books when they leave the company - see 2004, when Orton beat ______ and became the youngest champion in WWE history, and that erased Lesnar's record. All for, what, a month long reign before Orton lost the belt to Triple H?

It's so petty but that's wrestling.

Plus this way Vince gets to stick it to Punk.  (In Vince's mind, that is.  I'm sure Punk couldn't give two shits.)

• Like 1

Personally, I don't think Nikki will lose it until WrestleMania. Whether that person turns out to actually be Eva Marie, or someone else, who knows. But, yeah, AJ's record will be broken, and extended by Nikki. It makes more sense for her to lose it at a high profile PPV and give someone a good rub from it, then to just end it at fucking Night of Champions.

And that person should be Becky Lynch or Sasha Banks, not Paige or Charlotte or anyone else. My personal choice would be Becky, because she's awesome. Even if it does seem like she botches a ton of spots every time she's in the ring now.

WWE is getting their money's worth out of Seth Rollins, http://www.kayfabermetrics.net/raw-matches-by-wrestler-last-365-days/    On top of that, he's pretty much got a losing record against everybody.  (But I'm sure most of those are tag matches)

Well remember that is only Raw, Smackdown and PPVs so it doesnt even count house shows

And according to that Orton and Sheamus wrestled 13 times - with Orton winning 11

"HE'S FAT!"

I feel like if you're gonna do a Harlem Heat match in 2016, why not go full nostalgia? Start out with Dudleyz-Harlem Heat, then have the Steinerline song hit and the Steiner Brothers come out and join in the match, then just before the end have the Wolfpac music hit and have Hall/Nash join the match.

So this is a bit distressing from the Observer:

The death of 54-year-old Thomas Couch (Tommy Rogers, best known as part of the tag team of The Fantastics, who had some of the best matches of the 80s with the Midnight Express) on 6/1 in Honolulu was ruled as due to choking on his own vomit. It was apparently a freak accident of food getting into his lungs and going septic and paramedics trying to help him got the tube in wrong. As they were trying to help him breathe, they were choking him even more.

Sounds like the family could pursue a wrongful death suit if they wanted.  It's kind of a relief it wasn't drug-related, but it still sucks.