DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-24-15 - Post-Summerslam Show

MGFanJay

Fair enough. I just don't think he's looked great in victory too often and has looked really weak in defeat. That wasn't my original argument, I know. That Cena last man standing match hurt my soul. At the time, it felt like the box he was stuck in should've had the ol' OVW stamp on it.

That match was awesome. Bray survived an insane amount, like getting the friggin' ring steps tossed right into his skull. Dude looked like an absolute monster in that match that lost to an all-time great.

When Rowan comes back, he should re-join the Wyatts.  He had been improving quite a bit, but like a lot of guys who gain notoriety as part of a team, he was better as part of the whole than on his own.  Of course that feud with Big Show didn't do him any favors either.  Anyways, The Wyatts do a post-match beatdown on Ambrose and Reigns when Rowan comes out.  It looks like he's going to come to their aide based on his position when he left, but then he goes back to where he came.  Bray can cut a cryptic promo or two about using whatever voodoo magic it is he has to make Rowan see the light and whatnot.

Ambrose and Reigns find themselves in a 4 on 2 beating a few weeks later when The Dudleys music hits.  I know not everyone is looking forward to them going through their dated schtick, but you could do a lot worse when you need a team for some wild brawls and it makes for a great Survivor Series match.

/or maybe I'm just imagining The Wyatts being in ECW back in the day

• Like 2

When Rowan comes back, he should re-join the Wyatts. He had been improving quite a bit, but like a lot of guys who gain notoriety as part of a team, he was better as part of the whole than on his own. Of course that feud with Big Show didn't do him any favors either. Anyways, The Wyatts do a post-match beatdown on Ambrose and Reigns when Rowan comes out. It looks like he's going to come to their aide based on his position when he left, but then he goes back to where he came. Bray can cut a cryptic promo or two about using whatever voodoo magic it is he has to make Rowan see the light and whatnot.

Ambrose and Reigns find themselves in a 4 on 2 beating a few weeks later when The Dudleys music hits. I know not everyone is looking forward to them going through their dated schtick, but you could do a lot worse when you need a team for some wild brawls and it makes for a great Survivor Series match.

/or maybe I'm just imagining The Wyatts being in ECW back in the day

2/3 of the Shield, the Dudley's, and a four man Wyatt family in a Survivor Series elimination match? Add an intro from Vince on a bender and I might cream my pants.
  • Like 1

What I really want is Reigns and Ambrose to set up "New Shield" auditions backstage and have an assorted group of wingnuts, screwballs and weirdos try to make a case for why they should be the third man. Lots show up, but no one who belongs in the spot trys out. Reigns and Ambrose are ready to call it a day when they see an impish fellow in glasses sitting over off to the side. You see, he just accompanied his friend for moral support. They convince he to try out, and he is an athletic wonder, and gets the part. A makeover montage follows, and then they officially introduce the new third man, Neville. Would have been better ad his debut, but this works too. A jealous Rollins sneers from the sidelines. Fin.

What I really want is Reigns and Ambrose to set up "New Shield" auditions backstage and have an assorted group of wingnuts, screwballs and weirdos try to make a case for why they should be the third man. Lots show up, but no one who belongs in the spot trys out. Reigns and Ambrose are ready to call it a day when they see an impish fellow in glasses sitting over off to the side. You see, he just accompanied his friend for moral support. They convince him to try out, and he is an athletic wonder, and gets the part. A makeover montage follows, and then they officially introduce the new third man, Neville. Would have been better ad his debut, but this works too. A jealous Rollins sneers from the sidelines. Fin.

• Like 1

I think Balor would work as the high flying bump guy replacement for Rollins in the Shield. He's got enough buzz from NXT where it would be a big deal, but I'm not sure how he's supposed to counter a 6'8 350 lb guy. Rowan makes the most sense, but it should be a one off and not a full time team.

Obviously Balor would be the best choice for the fan girls though lol.

I don't think it would be good for Balor or the Shield guys long term, but Demon Finn spooking the Wyatt Family would be a cool visual.

It's too bad the gimmick hasn't caught up to the face paint, but it's the WWE.  They will eventually add a supernatural element to his character out of habit and it will ACTUALLY WORK.

I like the idea of adding Rowan back to the Wyatt's and having Roman/Ambrose team up with the Dudley's.

Imagine a Survivor Series Table Match with those teams!

:::Vince snorts a huge line that would make Charlie Sheen say "Dude, you should take it easy". :::

It's the Rrrrrromannn Empire vs. the Wyyyyaaat Family.

• Like 1

Big E on Twitter:

"Imagine you were playing an original, trombone-accompanied song & some old dudes you never met jumped you at work while bystanders cheered."

When Bubba confronted him on Twitter about it, we got...

"I wasn't talking about you two! Oh no, sir! I said "old" guys. We had a scuffle at a nursing home gig last night... "

• Like 5

I'm watching en Espanol on NBC Universo to catch up and this is seriously one of the best Raws in a long while (not that I've seen many due to work, sadly). Open with Bo being murdered; the wild Shield/Wyatts sprint ending in NERDS!!! debuting; New Day and the trombone (and yes, the Dudleys); Jon Stewart having the time of his life taking a bump that might have taken his life that my semi-young ass wouldn't take. I ignored the Divas match because even the Spanish commentary probably couldn't cover the fans. And New Japan was on besides which I have a couple questions about for another thread. 

Then Sting, at 55, powdering into Rollins like Tenryu. I don't really care where they're going after that, it was just fun fun fun.