DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 8/13/15

victor

Smackdown was in Portland

* Dark match: Becky Lynch defeated NXT Women’s Champion Sasha Banks

* Dark match: Zack Ryder defeated Joshua Kingsley (Brad Maddox)

* They kicked off the show with a tribute to Roddy Piper, who lived in Portland for years. His family is at ringside.

* Seth Rollins kicks off SmackDown with a promo about how he’s the greatest, up there with Michael Jordan and Babe Ruth. He talks about John Cena being on Tough Enough and wants Cena to meet him on RAW to accept the SummerSlam challenge. Out comes Neville to interrupt. He wants another title shot but out comes Cesaro. Kevin Owens ends up attacking Cesaro from behind as Rollins beats down Neville. Owens lays Cesaro out on the floor while Rollins takes out Neville in the ring.

* Charlotte defeated Naomi with the Figure Eight.

* Video package on Stardust and Stephen Amell airs.

* Ryback comes to the ring for a promo as we see what happened on RAW with MizTV. He talks about defending against The Miz and Big Show at SummerSlam until Bo Dallas interrupts. Bo wants to be added to the match at SummerSlam but Ryback disses him. Bo attacks but gets left laying with a Meathook.

* Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper come to the ring for a promo. Dean Ambrose comes out next followed by Roman Reigns for his match against Harper. Reigns wins by DQ when Wyatt runs in and stops a pin.

* The Prime Time Players defeated The New Day in a non-title match.

* Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens defeated Cesaro and Neville after Rollins had a handful of tights when pinning Cesaro.

Looks like an interesting Smackdown this time out.

I almost feel like they have to go this route though with Maddox

It's hard for them to be all "Comedy GM for 18 months now he is serious wrestler!"

Best to start with a new gimmick - even if they acknowledge his past.

Kinda like if they want Byron Saxton to start wrestling again - I don't think that would work for anyone

Brad Maddox has had one of the weirdest WWE careers.

He also looks like this now:

quk1EhQJ.jpg

Joshua Kingsley, colourblind patriot. AMAZING gimmick. Or is he supposed to be Jared Leto in Fight Club?

• Like 1

Why would you give an Englishman gimmick to someone who isn't English? Just hire Nathan Cruz or somebody.

I mean, having his gimmick be 'Guy who pretends to be English but obviously isn't' would be better.

Brad Maddox has had one of the weirdest WWE careers.

He also looks like this now:

quk1EhQJ.jpg

Joshua Kingsley, colourblind patriot. AMAZING gimmick. Or is he supposed to be Jared Leto in Fight Club?

I would totally be into Maddox as a guy who bought way into Fight Club and its message. Give him a few other low card guys doing nothing; Curtis Axel, Sandow, an NXT call up, I'm thinking Bull Dempsey or repackaged Solomon Crowe, and there you go...Project Mayhem. 

I would totally be into Maddox as a guy who bought way into Fight Club and its message. Give him a few other low card guys doing nothing; Curtis Axel, Sandow, an NXT call up, I'm thinking Bull Dempsey or repackaged Solomon Crowe, and there you go...Project Mayhem. 

Have a vignette of Sandow, Axel, Arn Anderson and Heath Slater standing outside the arena, while Maddox stands by the door and says "Too intellectual... you're too bland... you're too old... and you? You're just too damn ginger".

• Like 1

Okay show. I got a kick out of Owens moving out of the way of Rollins and then the tope as well. Cesaro doing an effortless Alpamare Waterslide and Neville literally bouncing a foot in the air off the Red Arrow were nice too. New Day are too damn funny. No idea why an actor is wrestling in a tag match on Summerslam but he had a decent spear and forearms. No Piper tribute is unfortunate; maybe it'll be on Youtube or the Network.

I'm going to hate when Team BAD breaks up.  I want them to run roughshod over the entire roster with either song by Trina or Michael Jackson as their background music.

In the meantime, they can me happy by jumping the other teams after matches more often. :)

WWE is losing out on a goldmine--forget Wyatt/Reigns.  Harper/Reigns is the money program.

• Like 1