DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Here's the actual quote:

The plan for Lana long-term right now is to be the female face of the company once her babyface turn is completed. At least that’s the long-term plan this week. Vince McMahon feels that part of the transition has to include a reveal that she’s really American. The plan is to keep the Lana name, although there has at least been talk of C.J. (Her real name is Catherine Jo Perry), with the idea C.J. makes people think hot blond because of the character Pamela Anderson played in “Baywatch.” What will be interesting if they do or don’t put pressure on her in that position to not post photos in social media of her still dating Rusev after they do the television break-up. Either way will be extremely telling of how they view the current audience and social media.

What the fuck is wrong with you all?  I've just read the word "literally," like, 6 times in the past three pages?  Is "literally" the new "missile dropkicks?"

I literally looked through the uses of "literally" over the last three pages, and with the exception of "literally landed on Mars",which was a quote from Bischoff, everyone literally used "literally" to mean something literal, (though you could certainly argue with the assertion that a Wrestlemania match with Rousey is literally the only chance to see Steph lose a match.)

Literally.

• Like 6

I think Lana is great in her role.  I don't see why you would change it.  I have no problem wacking off to a hot Russian chick....or a hot Asian chick.....or a hot black chick.  I don't even care if they are evil.  I'm sure most of the WWE Universe, especially the critical 12-85 year old male demographic will agree with me.  

• Like 1

The only time Vince ever saw Baywatch, or any other show, was when he caught maybe a minute of it here and there between sets of benches and curls while it was on the TV at the gym.  The guy is a workaholic and I doubt he ever sits down to watch television.  He has psychological issues to the point where he won't even let himself sneeze; I can't even fathom the self loathing that would stem from wasting an hour to watch TV.

The only time Vince ever saw Baywatch, or any other show, was when he caught maybe a minute of it here and there between sets of benches and curls while it was on the TV at the gym.  The guy is a workaholic and I doubt he ever sits down to watch television.  He has psychological issues to the point where he won't even let himself sneeze; I can't even fathom the self loathing that would stem from wasting an hour to watch TV.

I have watched 3 hour Raws and Nitros from 2000-01. I can absolutely fathom that.

• Like 1

If they're that concerned with Lana/Rusev still an item on social media, why not turn them both face? Rusev doesn't mean to lash out at her like this, but the pressure to restore the glory of the Russian proletariat is getting to him. They can build to a tearful reunion down the line, Rusev renouncing the Russian flag, Lana/CJ going full Florida, etc.

• Like 1

Is revealing Lana to be an American who went to FSU really a face turn?

Cause I hate Seminoles WAY more than I do Russians.

I was thinking more "Lana/Rusev convert to American culture" Florida than outing her as an American. Have them in Hawaiian prints on the beach or chowing down at Senor Frog's with beer lanyards.

See, its this stuff that amuses the hell out of me. This is supposedly the reality era in the WWE. Lana and Rusev are such a perfect couple. But they want to have everything "in character" so if Lana turns good and all American she can't possibly be with Rusev. Why not just reveal they are a couple. Rusev would get amazing hate from the crowd if they acknowledge that yes HE is the one who gets to sleep with her every night.

JBL: There's hope for you yet Maggle. Rusev got himself a 10 plus.

Cole: I'm married.

JBL: So?