DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 26 January 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Well, this is interesting.  Raw is broadcasting tonight from Hartford, CT.  

The problem is Hartford is in the dead center of a giant blizzard that's about to hit the Northeast, expecting to get anywhere from 1 to 3 feet of snow (that's 0.4 to 0.9m for you heathens outside of the USA).  

And now, the governor has announced all commuter systems are shutting down at 8pm, and a travel ban for the state after 9pm.  

55846933.jpg

[EDIT - GOD DAMN IT PHIL.  YOU KNOW I DON'T READ THE MAIN THREAD UNLESS I'M GOING TO MAKE A STUPID JOKE OR PUT UP AN ANIMAL GIF]

Take this for what it is worth

Justin LaBar ‏@JustinLaBar  53s53 seconds ago

BREAKING: Just got texts telling me #RAW in Hartford, CT canceled due to the weather. Talent told to stay in hotel & off roads @TribSports

By Mike Johnson on 2015-01-26 11:57:28

Tonight's Raw taping in Hartford, CT will not take place.

Joseph Lopes, who works across the street from the XL Center in Hartford, sent word that WWE's crew are currently packing up the production trucks and that he was told the taping is canceled.

We are told there will be a WWE Raw broadcast tonight, but of what nature, we are not sure. A decision on Smackdown is forthcoming. WWE will be issuing an official announcement on all of this any minute.

Benoit-esque tribute show but with talent reacting to the Rumble match.

*a clearly uncomfortable William Regal*

"I'm not going to talk about the finish. I'll just say that Roman looked really strong in there...really...really...strong. 

*a sobbing Dolph Ziggler*

"I received a text that Roman was winning...I called for help..."

• Like 6

I just got a notification from the WWE app that they're inducting Arnold Schwarzenegger into the WWE Hall of Fame. In honor of that announcement, they should show Commando in Raw's timeslot tonight.

Make it Raw Deal instead. Actually, trim Commando and Raw Deal for time and show them both. It would be like old school USA network. I'm almost positive I watched those back to back on USA at some point in the early 90s.

Honestly, Raw and Smackdown getting canceled this week could be the best thing to happen to WWE. I could see the Roman Reigns heat die down with a week to cool off.

As much as WWE Raw and Smackdown from a random hotel ballroom in Hartford could be awesome - perhaps a "buy a ticket, get a room for the night" promotion? I would love if they set up impromptu NXT RAW and NXT Smackdown for this week. Could be great promotion for the network. Insert some promos taped at the hotel and do just some super wacky shows this week.

• Like 1

I think the heat can just grow. If there's no plan in motion (which we would get with RAW/SD), everyone's stuck with their fantasy/nightmare booking of Reigns beating Lesnar clean with the Spear/Superman Punch combo in the middle of the ring when he took everyone's finishers last night and didn't even phase him.