DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Bliss was kinda sloppy but she built up a really nice momentum as the match went on. When she actually did offense that wasn't role-ups, she looked surprisingly good.

Good main event with a good build up.

Absolutely loved the use of lighting to give Balor some cool lightning effects.

dTmNX2nl.jpg

Watching the WM match listing/promo video, it really hit home how many NXT guys are now on the main roster and making a huge impact.

Seth Rollins - First NXT champ

Roman Reigns - More of an FCW guy with a few early NXT matches, but still can be considered NXT alum

Bray Wyatt

Rusev

The top four matches at Mania have NXT guys in them. And then Paige in the Divas match. Sure, there have been missteps with some guys (Bo Dallas, Ascension, Rose), but those guys being in these high profile matches lend a lot of credibility to the NXT system.

Can't wait to see some more Dana Brooke, she looked awesome live, and I was shocked that was her in the Arnold competition.  I think she could use some better gear to show off that amazing body, she's a body builder but is more covered up than like any other Diva.  The future Divas division is looking pretty good right now though.

The NXT crowd pissed me off for the first time ever during this show. "Better than Raw", while possibly true, is a dumb ass chant.

Main event was pretty good. I'm sure we will see the two of them match up during one of the NXT specials down the line, and get more time.

Enzo Amore looks more and more ridiculous every week. There's some bad looking beards going on down in NXT these days.

Enzo Amore looks more and more ridiculous every week. There's some bad looking beards going on down in NXT these days.

To be fair, most of the videos playing on the TVs at the Performance Center are of Triple H when he had his Lemmy-esque facial hair

The NXT crowd pissed me off for the first time ever during this show. "Better than Raw", while possibly true, is a dumb ass chant.

13 years later, WWE has finally achieved the reaction they wanted for the brand split.

Can't wait to see some more Dana Brooke, she looked awesome live, and I was shocked that was her in the Arnold competition.  I think she could use some better gear to show off that amazing body, she's a body builder but is more covered up than like any other Diva.  The future Divas division is looking pretty good right now though.

Not sure how Dana is in the ring, but she's the only NXT female where at this point I'm much more interested in her looks than anything else.  Hopefully she's good in the ring because if so she'll be a big star in no time.

Enjoyed Owen/Balor, especially the leg work.  Owens was talking all kinds of shit, with my favorite being "C'mon, Balor, catch your breath!" during a chinlock.  Couldn't help but laugh at that.

Not sure how Dana is in the ring, but she's the only NXT female where at this point I'm much more interested in her looks than anything else.  Hopefully she's good in the ring because if so she'll be a big star in no time.

Enjoyed Owen/Balor, especially the leg work.  Owens was talking all kinds of shit, with my favorite being "C'mon, Balor, catch your breath!" during a chinlock.  Couldn't help but laugh at that.

She looked pretty good live, I saw a 3-way match w her vs Alexa & Carmella where Dana was working heel and she was doing some good work controlling a lot of the action with chin locks and such while trash talking.  She would probably be a good partner for heel Sasha to work with.

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not since it's not televised or anything, but in case anybody wants to wait for the pre-show to see the Battle Royal to know who won the NXT tournament and is in the match, I'll spoiler it

Hideo Itami won the tournament beating Finn Balor. Very surprised by this, as I feel as if he is the least ready for the main roster out of the four guys in the tourney. I guess this doesn't mean that he is for sure going to be on the main roster from here on out, but you'd think they'd put somebody more "ready" out there to try to get more people in to NXT. I figured Adrien Neville was a lock for it since he's pretty much been written out of NXT at this point and is primed to make that jump up. Give him a short 30-45 second run in the Battle Royal where he busts out some really impressive "flippy shit", then a spectacular elimination, and he's made his impact. I don't see what Itami really brings to the match at all

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler or not since it's not televised or anything, but in case anybody wants to wait for the pre-show to see the Battle Royal to know who won the NXT tournament and is in the match, I'll spoiler it

Hideo Itami won the tournament beating Finn Balor. Very surprised by this, as I feel as if he is the least ready for the main roster out of the four guys in the tourney. I guess this doesn't mean that he is for sure going to be on the main roster from here on out, but you'd think they'd put somebody more "ready" out there to try to get more people in to NXT. I figured Adrien Neville was a lock for it since he's pretty much been written out of NXT at this point and is primed to make that jump up. Give him a short 30-45 second run in the Battle Royal where he busts out some really impressive "flippy shit", then a spectacular elimination, and he's made his impact. I don't see what Itami really brings to the match at all

I'm guessing it's so

he can hit the Go 2 Sleep for the cheap Mania pop

and then get eliminated immediately.

I'm guessing it's so

he can hit the Go 2 Sleep for the cheap Mania pop

and then get eliminated immediately.

Yay....his "Wrestlemania Moment."

Yeah, I think the fact that he's so clearly not ready is why they put him in there. A year from now when he debuts for real, no one will remember this. Whereas it could hurt the other 3 who are likely to be called up sooner (well, Breeze and Neville anyway) to be tainted as fodder in what is clearly a jobber battle royal.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they promised him a spot at Wrestlemania as part of their negotiations to sign him.