DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

So glad wrestling is the only live show in which people actually pay to be miserable fucks. That or there must be some strong ass glue that keeps people in their seats at the show.

Wonder if these same people would go to a game featuring their shitty football team just to look like jack asses. If they are Jets fans the answer is yes tbh.

see: Titans, Tennessee

So glad wrestling is the only live show in which people actually pay to be miserable fucks. That or there must be some strong ass glue that keeps people in their seats at the show.

Wonder if these same people would go to a game featuring their shitty football team just to look like jack asses. If they are Jets fans the answer is yes tbh.

see: Titans, Tennessee

Also: Cubs, Chicago

We could've had Batista vs Lesnar at Summerslam but you fucking millenials ruined everything.

Guardians of the Galaxy came out the same month as Summerslam, so I imagine that no matter how everything turned out, Batista was not going to be around at that time.  However, I would genuinely like to thank millenials if they were, in fact, responsible for saving us from a part-time, blowing-up-after-five-minutes, just-found-out-he's-now-a-hot-Hollywood-property-and-suddenly-gives-zero-shits-about-pro-wrestling, he's-still-fucking-Batista-for-Christ's-sake Batista vs Lesnar.  I don't get to thank millenials for a lot but that is a huge win for them.

We could've had Batista vs Lesnar at Summerslam but you fucking millenials ruined everything.

Guardians of the Galaxy came out the same month as Summerslam, so I imagine that no matter how everything turned out, Batista was not going to be around at that time. However, I would genuinely like to thank millenials if they were, in fact, responsible for saving us from a part-time, blowing-up-after-five-minutes, just-found-out-he's-now-a-hot-Hollywood-property-and-suddenly-gives-zero-shits-about-pro-wrestling, he's-still-fucking-Batista-for-Christ's-sake Batista vs Lesnar. I don't get to thank millenials for a lot but that is a huge win for them.

You don't know what you want.

• Like 1

Bryan was almost scratched from last year's Royal Rumble event due to concussion so they had a good reason not to pull the trigger on him.

They should have had Reigns do the El Torito elimination on Bryan this year.  No controversy at all then.

The setup for this Fast Lane match is ridiculous because they really don't seem to know what controversy means.  It's worse than their understanding of anniversaries.  Bryan comes back, announces he's entering the Rumble, and then he loses the Rumble fair and square.  People booing isn't controversy.  The people aren't going to riot.  They aren't even going to tune out.  Catering to them is pointless because those same people boo John Cena relentlessly but Cena's still the top draw in the entire industry.

I guess this is my real question: Are we at the point where all that are left are the hardcores that will just boo everything, or is there room for even greater apathy levels and loss of viewership for TV and the Network?

I do think that Vince McMahon cares about how his shows look to some degree and that the audience is rejecting his ideas to some degree as well, so it's not just about having a captive audience for him.

Everybody's sleeping on the Raiders...wtf

For Mania?

For page 18.

Though I wouldn't mind if...

...damn, can't even think of the most apropos Raider to make a Wrestlemania cameo.  Feel free to finish the joke yourselves.

Janikowski?

Well see, yeah, I was thinking Seabass could be Orton's special guest corner man and they could do a thing where they both kick someone for the finish.

But even then its a Punt when Orton does it so I'd just end up missing Shane Lechler even more.

...damn, can't even think of the most apropos Raider to make a Wrestlemania cameo.  Feel free to finish the joke yourselves.

Barret Robbins to do the "drops off the apron when his partner tries to tag him and walks out" spot.

• Like 1

Clearly you are not a Washington Redskins or Miami Hurricanes fan.

• Like 1

WWE has been fortunate the past few years that promotable Mania main events were easy to come by, The Rocks return happened. Brocks return happened. Taker somehow stayed healthy. Bryan, and Punk, to a lesser extent, took off.

This year they may be hitting some kind of wall. Years of difficulty creating big time main event players may have finally caught up with them. 

Clearly you are not a Washington Redskins or Miami Hurricanes fan.

Pro Sports is a pretty terrible comparison. It's a lot more like if Lost was filmed live in front of a studio audience that they couldn't control and everyone only wanted to see this guy:

3323375_lost_daniel_faraday.jpg

What would WrestleMania look like if Al Davis was booking?

Considering Al worshipped speed in much the same way Vince worships muscleheads, Wrestlemania and the WWE would look very different.

Al gave minorities a break way ahead of the curve, too.

Ergo:

raidersx.jpg

"KOFI IS A GREAT WORLD CHAMPION.  GET OVER IT."

• Like 2