DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

What?

Confused_dog.jpg

I'm beginning to think that some Hollywood Execs are just fans of CinemaSins and Screen Junkies and just want to give them material for Everything Wrong... and Honest Trailers forever.

• Like 1

This might not be good, but it's luring me with enticing bait.  Stylish scenery, hot people, and a crazy caper?  Oh boy.

I hope Will is getting his groove back.

That's exactly what I was thinking but couldn't figure out how to express.  Lots of folks on IMDB all pumped up because the movie is R-rated.  Must admit, that helps the movie in my eyes as well.  

What?

Confused_dog.jpg

Weirdly, any time I see Kristen Stewart in interviews, PR appearances, etc, she comes off as really cool and likable. For some reason, that just does not translate on-screen. AT ALL. Most things I've seen her in, she looks bored out of her mind and like she wishes she could be somewhere else smoking pot.

Is it just me or is Will a little bit too stilted?

I didn't get that from the trailer.  However, I'm definitely not use to seeing Will in this type of role.  Hear me out.  He's obviously played the charming leading man(Hitch) before but normally it's in a big action flick setting usually with a heavy comedic tone.  This Focus film seems more in the vain of characteristics/stereotypes I associate with George Clooney/Pierce Brosnan/Daniel Craig; basically a bit of the James Bond movie characterization.

It interests me to see if he can pull it off.  Especially since Margot Robbie is about two decades younger than him.

EDIT:

...and to bring this full circle, Wikipedia tells me Kristen Stewart was originally suppose to play the Margot Robbie role in this film.  Not joking.

Edited by _MJ_

This trailer preceded Addiction. 

i totally marked for the Hammers vs. Nails part.

Good to see Will back to being Will and Margot Robbie is obviously JADA APPROVED~! if she is going to be all slinky next to Smith.

Speaking of Margot Robbie, there is a persistent rumor that she is going to be Motoko Kusanagi (or her English named equivalent) in a live action version of Ghost In The Shell.

Every time I see the trailer for that upcoming Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall Oscar bait courtroom movie, it hits me that Downey is probably going to be playing variations of Tony Stark, Charming Rogue,  for the rest of his career. 

Friend of mine saw it and said it was great.  

As you might imagine, there are some on the right who have a slight problem with this

That movie looks promising but, man, Kristen Stewart is just so awful in everything, I'm not sure I can bring myself to see it.

Every time I see the trailer for that upcoming Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall Oscar bait courtroom movie, it hits me that Downey is probably going to be playing variations of Tony Stark, Charming Rogue,  for the rest of his career. 

The lighting of the movie screaming tv movie of the week to me. . .

it hits me that Downey is probably going to be playing variations of Tony Stark, Charming Rogue,  for the rest of his career. 

Really it's Tony Stark who will be playing Robert Downey Jr, Charming Rogue for the rest of his fictional life.

• Like 1